Kino thread

Kino thread

>>>/newfag/
>>>/normalfag/

fuck off faggot

first movie?

What film?

Alien 3, it says so right there in the middle.

It's honestly only like 20% kino, but I'm too lazy to make more

Man, Oblivion was a really good looking film, seriously underrated.

on the silver globe

Jewywood productions can never be kino
Only fine european productions are allowed

dont ever respond again unless youre contributing to this thread

When you lump everything together instead of logically taking an opinion you prove youre a faggot

TOO MUCH KINO

ultrakino

How do you know if it's kino or not?

Do you have to put movie stills in a grid for it to be kino?

I seriously don't understand this meme.

cute

Alien 3, I think

Can someone please define kino?

Is it artsty fartsy shit pretending to be "deep"?

What film is this?

true kino is unfiltered and in motion of course. but stills can show off the aesthetic and film prowess. so cinegrids can show the shape and form of a film you can have a certain theme to your grid if you choose so

its the movement of high cinema, the russian and german word for cinema is kino. basically care is put into it

yes

So it's just grimdark aesthetics.

Gotcha.

>>>/mu/

not just grimdark those are just examples i chose there and like

This meme may actually be worse than the "desert picture" one.

Prometheus

1. how could it be worse
2. it has no rhyme or reason to it and is up to the interpretations of the viewer, and is used to show off a film without watching entire scenes, clips or the film itself, you can show a bunch of shots at once and see how the film melds

The desert picture makes even less sense, when someone posts Harry Potter and refer to it as Kino then there's some vague trolling or something going on at least but a random picture of a desert? Just what the fuck man?

Thanks.

It's worse because it's a shitty meme, on par with twitter/facebook/tumblr-friendly ones like "would a dog wear pants like this or this" or "badly rendered frog on a unicycle with text written like it was spoken with a very heavy asian accent".

Except some of the hp movies are kino retard, its okay if you cant deconstruct british self deprecation and the brazilian themes and orwellian undertones go over your head. Or the Novikov self-consistency Principle. But dont go spraying your shit and saying you know what you're talking about.

I dunno, there's some pretty nifty cinematography on display in some of these things. As far as Holla Forums memes go there are many worse ones.

It's not a meme its a medium for actually using the board properly you fudk

Are you a meme?

i think you got it backwards

I'm not even sure what's going on anymore.

Or what faggot?

KINO:
Solaris (1972)

Cinema:
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Film:
The Right Thing (1983)

Movie:
Alien (1979)

Joint:
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Flick:
Armageddon (1998)

Meme-core:
Guardians of The Galaxy (2012)

Popcorn-eating-background-noise:
Interstellar (2014)

Post pics for proof.

nap time

you mean the right stuff? can't even remember a simple title. smh no wonder you like 2001. if nothing happens you don't have to pay attention!

literally you

Interstellar is way better than anything else on that list

lmao

watch whatever makes the pain go away fam

why is kino suddenl;y a thing now?

same reason your mom is suddenly on my thing now

best kino coming through

Kino has always been a thing. I've been watching superior kino for 10 years while you've been sitting on your thumbs rewatching game of thrones or whatever other television crap you inject into your brain. get on my level fucker

But she's gross as fuck and a rotten corpse.

This thread made me remember how good HP6 looked.

heh

so let me get this straight: KINO means arthouse pretentiousness found in "regular" movies?

It means movie, in not-american.

All of those movies are trash too.

I know etymological origin of the word, I'm russian, I'm talking about the memes, jack!

Go squat in your in your piss stained tracksuit Ivan.

It's in the washer, ironically, so all I have on right now are my addiddas shoes. is that good enough, Satan?

the first half of it was

I don't think I'm doing this ironically anymore.

Wew lads

Please check out the third picture in

This is really just a 3x3, I have no idea how to add the pretentious flair of kino. Movies are designed to be seen in motion, not in an oversized jpg.

WHEN MUH JAJA HITS JUST RIGHT!

Sure but you can compile stills of striking shots to summarize them or rather your experience of them. The "pretentious flair" of kino comes from very selectively picking shots.

Dh1 looks fantastic too

And poa. Ootp underrated

what is this?