Return of CIA edition

Previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkin_Warbeck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambert_Simnel
strawpoll.me/10177333
watchersonthewall.com/titles-game-thrones-episodes-606-607-revealed/
youtu.be/mJYx2UtPTWc?t=35s
reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/43fl5f/spoilers_all_imagine_a_scenario_where_we_do_not/
strawpoll.me/10185093
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck maise

fuck GRRM

fuck niggers

fuck D&D

fug le gumshins xd

And fuck you

But Maisie a cute! XD

Thanks for ruining my image, you edgelord

You're welcome.

CIA vs the Mountain

Who hyped?

Wait he was meant to joust Danerys?

Imagine D and D trying to adapt a spin-off now that they have full reign.

I'll say it again:

This show is fucking bullshit. I saw it coming right away. John died, and I thought "He's coming back in the middle of next season", but nope, 2 fucking episodes in.
Arya went blind, and I thought "Either they're going to bring her eyes back or just make her the 'badass blind girl who pretty much can see anyway based on the way she acts she just doesn't make eye contact'", and it took like 2 fucking episodes.

The worst is that the show completely dropped all the political intrigue, kingdom politics, and house details to focus on interpersonal drama. Did you like the interesting, dynamic, and organic tapestry of kingdom politics and the interplay that various different houses played in the power structure of the world? You'll like watching hours of two people bitching about their personal lives just as much! Did you like the tension and complex interaction of a world on a brink of war? An entire season spent on a couple individual people is just as good.

I liked the show because it was almost historical fiction at first, and it actually played up the complex dynamics of power in a multi-king country. Within 3 seasons it completely fucking dropped that to focus on individual one-dimensional characters who suck dicks anyway. When's the last time that a house tried to use political intrigue to gain power in the kingdom? It's been season after season of Arya doing what the fuck ever, Danerys being a bitchy teenager with too much power, and people just randomly killing each other to get what they want with no deeper thought behind it.

The only real good character this show had was Stannis. He was the one that had real internal conflict. He was the only one that seemed to struggle with difficult decisions and wonder whether he was actually doing the right thing. No other character in the entire show has at any point questioned their own motivations and means.

If my wife wasn't watching this shit, I would have dropped it seasons ago.

That's in the show. Are you still expecting any consistency?

I don't think anyone seriously thought Jon was going to stay dead and Arya was going to stay blind.
Are you taking more offense with the fact that life and sight were given back to them with no character development or growth or that what happened to them was undone at all?

So where is Jon Snow off to?

Season 7?

Winterfell.
Where else, nigger?

ur mom's house

More importantly, how does he get there?

I suppose like in the books, he appeals to the wildings' crazy fuckery, and they just follow him there.

It's quite obvious he isn't, though. It's not so much about his surroundings, but the manner and purpose of his introduction. Some user described him in earlier thread as an "asspull", and that's a fitting description if I've ever read one. You don't introduce character so crucial to the main plot 75% through the story, that's hack writing at best and amateurish at worst. Also, the chapter of his "characterisation" where he plays cyvasse with Tyrion is incredibly cheap too. Comming up with character's reactions to situations progressing the story for the purpose of psychological depth is something they teach you in second lesson of Creative Writing. Instead, GRRM wrote a lazy, pointless set-up, basically a rookie mistake. These glaring literary mistakes (and Aegon still isn't the worst part of ADWD) ruin immersion, you can't lose yourself in the vast fantastic world like you could in the original trilogy, because you see the novel for what it really is - old man's painful struggle to finish something he started 20 years ago.

to become a faceless man xd

:)
Well, about that…

If false cliffhangers in popular shows are anything to go by consider the following. "Who Shot Mr Burns?" the simpsons cliffhanger (in which mr burns didn't actually die, like jon) that made world news during the height of popularity of the simpsons took place at the end of the SIXTH season of the simpsons. Given GOT is garnering its highest audiences yet and the simspons is in season 27. I predict that in the year 2038 people will still be watching this show.

I'm taking offense at the fact that it was so fucking obvious, and inconsequential to the point that neither one was necessary in the least. The fact that it only even lasted a few episodes for both completely deflated any importance or impact either one could have had.

>except D&D are both shitty writers and character assassins
>they seriously think they "punctured the myth of Ned Stark" because Reed stabbed someone to save Ned's life

I just wanna grab is belly and swish it around.

>what is a black iron Targaryan sign washing up on a riverside decades later red with rust since 2000

but to do that, you'd have to get close enough to smell him

you sure you want that?

Oh hi there. Just posting some links unrelated to your post :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkin_Warbeck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambert_Simnel

Brilliant! And I thought there would be nothing for you to screencap, the way first #LIVE thread was going… Always looking forward to these best ofs, thanks :)
How would you rate Ep3 out of 10?
This, underrated lines in my opinion.

>he bitches about Aegon showing up 75% through the story but not Euron

>Simnel was pardoned, and was thereafter employed in the Royal kitchens as a servant.
Top hue

Get ready for Aegon VI the kitchen wench
He can make Dany all the burgers she desires

agreed

especially this. their occasional attempts to bring back some of the politics are laughable. there's nothing intriguing about people randomly killing each other and then retroactively explaining away the lack of a proper conspiracy with some flimsy cop-out.

It'd be cool if Rickon got raped and became a wild cunt as an homage to Vlad the Impaler, who was also raped as a child.

I've been in /got/ every day for the past weeks, made like 20 posts in previous thread :)
Actually, it seems to be more of your issue, I clearly stated "introduction". The term regarding literary character refers to reader's first encounter with said character, not ""subtle"" ""foreshadowing"" in three sentences before. Gurm is only making it harder for himself to finish the saga (obvious by his missed deadlines and defeatist attitude), because even average writer could wrap it up easily with all the set-up he had in first three novels. But no, gotta have some red herrings.

>>>/cuteboys/

That's a big dog.

First for Cocklehead

Somewhere, somehow, Rickonbro's head just turned.

for ruff

No you haven't been.
Once you ditch the Maisie pictures, you are no longer a Maisiefag. They haven't been here for the past couple of days, thank god. And yet here you come crawling back just because you think it's safe.
But it's not.
How's your book coming along?

Were Umbers even mentioned in the show, besides basic namedropping perhaps, let alone established as "most loyal and loving of the Starks"? It's possible, just asking. If not, what exactly is the issue with them siding with Ramsay?

Maybe Maisie did

Nigga, do you even watch the bloody show in between posting Ms. Googly-eyes?

Ah, I see you're returning to your tired argument of "but D&D simplified things so that makes it okay for characters to be the complete opposite of their novel counterparts"!
Go tell that to Stannis, Jaime, and Cersei, you cunt.

Why did you stop discussing hack writing in ADWD and want to metapost instead? Not encouraging this, sorry.

It was 7/10 at least. There were some boring/bad parts, but it had the best happenings so far

Because I want to talk about D&D's far worse writing.
Unless you think Tyrion chatting with Grey Worm and Missandei about nothing is better than him jousting. If you do, please tell me now so I know to further disregard your future opinions.

No, srsly, nigga

I can't even right now

don't make me call you a showfag

it's amazing what makeup and photoshop can do

I guess Shireen wouldn't be alive back then, but fuck coherent timelines.

That's why I said it's possible, forgot the guy was an Umber.

Even if Umbers were complete opposites, who cares? But this guy already proved me wrong →
Still, the new Umber guy explained his motivations to join Ramsay.

Not here to post what you want, sorry.
It wasn't a good scene, no doubts about that. Added nothing to participated characters, just a 5 min filler, Ep3 had several of similiar moments, that's why I generally disliked it. But it wasn't cringeworthy like Tyrion's and Penny's chapters. I'd rather be bored for a while than roll my eyes in disbelief.

Forgot about him, sorry.

Because it's a really fucken long stretch to believe this cunt's son would

a) Hate his dad so much
and b) Hate the Starks so much
and c) Be such a turncloak after raising a Stark boy for 5-6 years.

No, seriously, was Rickon such a little shit all that time? Did he not eat his peas or something for them not to like him that much? Why not depose Ramsay and make him Lord of Winterfell? In fact, this is such a logical conclusion, people think the Umbers are le rusing and the direwolf head is a fake.

It's bad writing, and I'm not just saying this because Rickon's one of my favourite minor characters.

strawpoll.me/10177333

I doubt D&D would be interested in more work on ASOIAF stories, they're rushing to finish GoT as soon as possible. But some spin-off is very much possible (GRRM already said he would like it if HBO adapted some more of that universe), but in collaboration with Hill and Cogman, more likely. Take that as you will.

You are funny, user

That's a generous rating, so it was the best episode of S6 so far?
Such as? I loved the hangings at the end (one of the highlights of this season), but what else? Maisie did fantastic job in her blind role, wasn't it a bit rushed though? She just got beaten up with a stick for 7 minutes and very little besides that.
Any Maisienews :)?

Seems like everywhere now is getting taken over with parent issues

Why does everyone have daddy issues come to think of it?

Was it not? The first episode had blah blah blah and disappearing dogs. The second episode had the death of "important" characters and FRESH MEAT, with an underwhelming resurrection.

This one had: Blindrya Jedi training, High Sparrow vs Tommen mindfuck contest, and the hangings/justice, etc.

this is the problem though. characters now just explain shit to resolve the particular scene they're in, but nothing they say has any connection to the world outside of that scene.

it's shitty, plot driven writing where everyone and everything is subject to retroactive changes to accommodate the newest ebin tweest.

"Mindfuck contest" is generous as a description for Tommen being pissed and the High Sparrow telling him that he loves his mommy.

Sure it is, but wasn't that a great performance by Jonathan Pryce?

Nice try but that mantis disguise wont work on stannis the mantis

I'd take it over Sam and Gilly any day.

Is it so hard to imagine Umber Jr. could have radically different political opinions than his father? The hatred wasn't explained, but at least it was brought up to add some flavour to character. However
Never thought of that, it makes perfect sense. Won't work though, because we know Ramsay shoots Rickon before Bastardbowl.

See Sir Phantasmagoric's theory →
That's what happens when the world outiside becomes too expansive to capture with enough depth in 10x52 mins per season (and much less than that for S7 and 8).

Jon and the eyesight comming back feels like bullshit because of the shit writing by D&D. In the book Arya being blind led to her finding out she could warg and jon getting stabbed to death was for a whole other reason and melisandre is nowhere near castle black.

Okay fine, he has radically different views.

I'm gonna need more of an explanation than 'my father was a coont'. Greatjon Umber from what characterisation we've had of him seems like a good man, and he also died honourably. Fuck, it would've made more fucking sense for Smalljon to say he was bitter at the Starks for killing his old man at the Red Wedding indirectly.

But no, 'my father was a coont'.

Remember the cardinal rule of creative writing: show don't tell.

Im convinced that scene was written as some kind of meta scene showing how flat and uninteresting those two characters are.

Are you the one who screencap these threads?

Good for you, do you want a cookie, a hug?

Do you have High Hopes on Young Griff?

Wasn't it the essence of Ep3? Varys and the prostitute, Tyrion and Misandry/Grey Worm, Qyburn and the kids, Dany and the crones come to mind immediately. Those 20 or so minutes added very little to characters, I understand why checking up on Sam and Gilly is important, but what did we learn in their dialogue, except their destination? The Tower of Joy fight had more potential too, especially when they made him dual wield. That micro freeze frame with CGI blood when one of Ned's guys gets stabbed reminded me of the sh*tty Spartacus series. S4 (wildlings attacking the Wall, Jon vs. The Legend, Jon vs. Thenn) and S5 (Hardhome) had far superior choreography.

Fantastic, but I was too mad at Tommen to fully appreciate it, haha.

Final battle before the Battle for the Dawn will probably be him vs Dany, and Dany will win in a recreation of the last Blackfyre Rebellion…but with dragons.

Why so rude user, why demanding to stop "metaposting" by "metaposting" more?

That pic is scary

Okay, then tell me which was the best episode so far

Me on the right

I hope GRRM delivers. Also I wonder if Euron's Dragon Horn is going to be useful I want the horn to appear in the series, but I'm afraid D&D is going to get Euron killed by Reek

Haha

That's Sir Gifmaker →

Just correcting the guy who acused me of not being here, no further interest in that conversation.

May as well not even introduce Euron in that case; that's literally his whole intrigue.

Can't argue with that, honestly. Really looking forward Umber's >le ruse you proposed, hopefully it's true. If not, well, Umber Jr. is a c*nt himself, hardly a rare occurrence in Westeros.

And what would be wrong with that? Isn't avenging his sister who tried to rescue him a better conclusion to his arc than getting beheaded by Stannis, or whatever GRRM has in store for him?

That's why I posing the possibility that the season 5 Iron Islands saga is just Dorne 2, a filler.

That "correction" you made, sounds like you want a some sort of recognition for restraining yourself.

Season 6, my mistake

but that's my point, the lack of an intricate plot makes the show dull and predictable. here for example, you either take the Umber guy at face value and we get another few scenes with Ramsay fucking with his captives, or make the prediction that it's a "ruse", which just means Ramsay getting stabbed to death within the next 2 episodes.

that's bullshit and you know it

Man, I forgot how great the first season was when those hacks at least stuck to the book.

why are people posting Patcuck Stewart?

Didn't even notice a Maisie in the pic at first! Thanks :)

Wasn't Ep2 the best? It had the best pacing and character development, even if many people consider the crucial resurrection disappointing.
*chirp chirp*
*ooystleees*
*chirp*

I really think that they've forgotten how much benefit of the doubt they gave to showfags' intelligence. The show was more successful when they assumed show watchers were smart.

Now I feel like they insult our intelligence week to week. We can't have a Northern plot or scheme, people'd be too dumb to follow it. We can't have Euron have a secret dragon horn, that would be too 'fantasy', and Chad and Stacy don't like that.

Can I feed clams to that Maisiebird?

Underuse a good character. Euron is the reason the Iron Islands pose a threat to Daenerys and the Lannisters. The man is ruthless pirate and he has a tool to control the Dragons. In the Books he and Victarion are going to attack Meereen just when Daenerys is seemingly to have the control over the Free Cities.

If things are done well that would be the outcome towards the end of this season, and reek's revenge could happen later.

Why are people posting Hobgoblin Williams?

Doesnt Euron have a boatload of magic shit he picked up from all over the world?

at least she's in GoT

And he kidnapped the bald cancer patients from The House of the Undying to serve as his silent slaves, too.

But we know that's not happening, if it's a ruse, it fails.
It's not, S1 and AGOT had the most compact storytelling, fairly limited number of characters mostly interacting with each other and plotlines start to disperse only by the end of it. How exactly do you build up nuance and political faithfulness in thirteen places at once? That's why they could have afforded to stay more faithful in S1

What do you think GRRM told him?

I reckon GRRM told him Davos died and came back to life on the Blackwater.

I'm afraid it's more of a cuckle bird ;_;

Probably that's why the normies rejoiced when Jon Snow back to life.

I was thinking that one of the best ways D&D could make things interesting is to make Reek Euron's bitch just like he was Ramsay's.

Euron could trick him into giving him the "respect" Balon never gave him and put him in charge of the Iron Fleet, so Reek could fill the role that Victarion has in the books.

If Yara's death is not a public execution, Reek could not be aware that it was his uncle the responsible of his sister death.

I really, really want Euron to mention his mulatto bastards being 'no more important to him than the contents of his chamberpot' in the show.

Just to rile up the SJWs.

It doesn't actually. If you were a Stark loyalist you wouldn't give Rickon to the Boltons. It's totally retarded.

Even if Ramsay weren't a murderous sadist and were a jovial Ned Stark type, it would still work against you because you gave him your liege lord as a hostage.

But posting posting pictures of her partying or modeling and writing about how much do you love her is a "/GoT/ related discussion"

probably GRRM told him to squeal like a piggy

That and Yara's death because of her being a Pyke's dyke would be things to look forward.

Huh, that's interesting. Not likely to happen on the show, still a good idea.

Not if the liege lord is aware of the scheme (fake direwolf's head). That would be just a rehash of Sansa's S5 plot though.

So now that Mais- I mean, Arya, can see again, where do you think she goes from here? Predictions for the rest of her Braavos storyline?

Her contract is on Walder Frey, by another Frey.

She goes with the acting troupe to Westeros. When there, she intersects with the Brotherhood by coincidence who want him dead, and the Lannisters, who would prefer him alive. They all clash, and Nymeria's pack also rears up and joins the battle.

Arya kills her target and uses the opportunity to go rogue. Season ends.

She goes on assasination missions. Underwater, where she has to kill a big fish, and in a theater, where she has to kill the merhcant of venice. And also she kills the Waif, because she is a bully

What good is that? There's no gain from being in Winterfell with the Boltons and immense risk.

Yes, it's bullshit, you showfag apologist cancer.
Season 1 has to even do the job of introcuding all of the characters in a new universe for the viewer and does so with a greater variety of named characters than later seasons. Just look at how many named Northern characters are introduced in rapid succession with namedrops and actor representation. Or just look at how King's Landing fared with character population throughout the seasons and you'd come to the conclusion of how you're pulling it out of your ass. Stop making excuses for hack writing.

I can bet you that the amount of characters per storyline per season since S1 has either stagnated or dwindled.

LEL

As I said, this Iron Islands sage is just a filler just like Dorne was in season 5. They still can do it well, but they won't.

Do you even know what a fucking hostage is for? He would be the very last male of the line, you don't just give the pretender that kind of physical control over your rallying call. Dunce.

I wonder what shape her nipples are

probably round

but that's simply not true. in earlier seasons D&D already pruned the shit out of the books, got rid of filler and redesigned plot threads in order to make the story fit the show's format.

the problem is not the expansive world, it's D&D's inability to understand and work with that world and create non-shit OC. they end up with a disjointed story and isolated plotlines because they have no vision.

according to the spoilers, arya will go full sheev after learning everything from the faceless men and she's going to kill the waif (or Jaqen being the waif) and returns to westeros.

underrated post

But why kill either of them? For actually training her to be capable of finishing her list? For giving her shelter and a safe home?

Arya is a psycho. You want her to show gratitude?

My guess is she will become disillusioned with the death cult when they ask her to do something that goes against her code.

And you know, her fucking list has changed a thousand or so times. Melisandre was on it once. Now it's just Gregor Clegane, Cersei, and Walder Frey.

This is the third time D&D would hire you if they were here, haha!

That's in accordance with all the leaked info we had, except killing the Waif →
Does she do that just before her departure, or why else would Jaqen give her the contract?
Based

why live?

I think her killing the Waif is a test, not her going rogue. Or, she kills the Waif and does the contract anyways.

Truly horrible, Captain…

Ye lewd

Checked

Could be, I dont think the waif is entirely human anyway.

Theon should have stolen one of Ramsey's dogs, he'd rule the islands in a day.

So why did LF do it back in S5? **It's a trick question, no one knows that, haha*

Any source for this claim? Even if so, it only makes sense that season 1 would have more characters than the next ones, sticking to some and killing some. They don't want to do the same mistakes GRRM did with his characters.
That's because of the dispersion I mentioned earlier. Some of the characters orginally introduced in KL either died or left (LF, Gendry). Why keep introducing new pointless people just for the sake of it?

Still killing the waif is one of the few D&D good ideas. That cunt is annoying as fuck

Needs the dogs and 20 good men

What camouflage tactics is she going to use on her missions?

I would

Man you quickly let go of your retarded stance of hurr Hack&Hack have to streamline because of the huge expansion of characters/locations over the seasons and pretend to never have said anything. How about you try to substantiate your own retarded claims first before asking me to do the work for you when telling you you're wrong.

Nevermind, how about you just stop posting all together? Your posts are 100% unadulterated, ignoramus kikeapologetics cancer. Even ignoring your infatuation with quasimodo.

How exactly did I abandon my stance? The points regarding locations, main characters interacting with each other and later unevitable dispersion (if they want to follow ASOIAF at least a bit) still stand, just went along with the number of characters point you raised because you couldn't disprove the other arguments. They introduced main characters in S1 and most of them took their own paths after that, you can't expect every location to be as detailed as it was in S1, where you basically had Westeros (Wall, KL) and Dany, later Tyrion's separate storyline.

She will disguise herself as a vehicle because that's an easy disguise!

See

Why should I substantiate my own claim when you never did so yourself?
You are still just as full of shit, and I can point you towards both the Greatjon embeds as examples of how many named characters are present in those scenes and compare that to the shitshow that is S6 for yourself.

Or just do this board a favour and stop posting all together. These last couple of threads were so pleasant when stewartsperg intimidated you enough to lay low for that blissful time. Your taste in malformed humanoids is equivalent to your intelligence: horrendous

Oh shit

How does that even work? Explain! :o

Oh user

I don't have time to read all the books or watch all the movies.
Can one of you gays just tell me how it ends?

We will never see Maisie spanked on television since they cut those scenes from the show.

Handsome manlet becomes Aragorn, SJW queen with dragons stops ice zombie invasion.

Jon Snow and Daenerys kill the Others, get married and rule happily ever after

I wish I was kidding

Handsome manlet becomes Aragorn, SJW queen with dragons stops ice zombie invasion. The other main characters are cute little assassin girl and a witty midget. There's incest and mammoths too.

We had a few nice threads I guess

Titles for Game of Thrones episodes 606 and 607 revealed
watchersonthewall.com/titles-game-thrones-episodes-606-607-revealed/

Can the HYPE get any more intensive?

The entire fucking point of Theon's arc is that the Starks are his real family but he was torn between his conflicting loyalties and it ended up costing him everything.

It makes no fucking sense that the first chance he gets he IMMEDIATELY goes back to chimp out with the squid-niggers. Even when he came back to them as their prince, they treated him like utter shit for no goddamn reason and then later left him to die.

Even if he went with Sansa to find Jon, he could have at least atoned for his sins and died an honorable death. It's not like he would be too opposed to death at this point and Sansa could still talk Jon out of it anyway.

>give all of their material to Tyrion
>Tyrion ends up sitting around talking about how there's nothing to talk about because D&D gutted Meereen
Am I the only person who literally got a headache during that scene?
I've never ground my teeth in my life before, but I was channeling Stannis for a good 5 minutes there.

It sounds like the story of a generation. How are they going to make it believable for a manlet to be good at something though?

I misread that as Angron and had a great image in my head of Jon Snow going Super Saiyan and going on a murderspree with axes.

She can transform from sweet small actor girl into substance abusing slag

Jesus christ, imagine waking up next to that.

Not sure if this is a bad thing, user

Too bad that will never happen

It would be very nice, though the heavy coughing would bother me

Because he's emotionally torn and damaged™, that gives you superpowers in best-selling fantasy fiction apparently. He's quite buff too >implying gains aren't super easy when you're 5'5''

Lucky for you, she's into ugly older men.

What are the chances they will do the >le subverting tropes meme and make Gregor win?

The image will be still welcome, user

Why is he so alpha?

Why would they do that?

Pick 1.

Oh you

You think /young/ GRRM did a lot of drugs?

What's the bet he used that as a dildo?

Yeah, yeah I think so.

Needs a Brazzers logo.

There's a Cersei prophecy in novels (like the one regarding the death of her children) where "younger brother" will come and cause her death. Now, she believes it's Tyrion and she hates him and wants him to die all the more because of it, show didn't include this. But guess what, who else is a younger brother? Maybe participating in fight deciding Cersei's fate?
HYPE

nah, he was too much of a pussy to buy drugs

Literally an acid trip, that's how you do magic properly, instead we get this

Chapter most ruined in the show for me.

you mean all 4 of them? the only places where anything of importance can go down are the Wall, Winterfell, King's Landing and Meereen at the moment. plus there's a few other completely irrelevant subplots that aren't really going anywhere. you even have most of the important characters gathered in one of the 4 locations I mentioned.

You're forgetting about Oldtown, m8, unless that's "irrelevant".
But since they're even doing it in the show, it's probably going to be really important. I cannot wait for Dany to blow King's Landing into a crater.

I can't imagine him visiting a dealer either, haha.

it's like they sent Varys and Tyrion to fucking purgatory

how relevant can it be? have we seen any characters anywhere near Oldtown yet?

Irrelevant or not, some of them will intersect eventually, but as things stand in S6, we have following storylines:
Probably even forgot one or two. Do you expect every single one of these, with their respective locations, characters, backgrounds etc. to be as detailed as S1? If anything is suffering, it's the gradual buildup of tension, not the number of characters. That's the case (even worse) in ASOIAF as well, but D&D did little to improve it. It's not enough to cut all the silly stuff and filler (and they've done a good job at that) when their OC isn't working at times.

Sam, the Horn of Joramund, the Hightowers who got a strangely expansive entry in ADWD's appendix despite barely being in the book, Euron, and the Faceless Man who killed Balon and is currently undercover as a novice maester.

:)
youtu.be/mJYx2UtPTWc?t=35s

what a fucking bitch

All book only, ill be surprised if Sam even manages to reach Oldtown in the show

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the books.

if this was S1 and D&D could write for shit, the storylines would look something like

see, it's already cut in half by grouping relevant subplots together.

that's my point, they did a good job pruning fatman's word salad but they can't write OC to save their lives. you're implying it's a question of fitting the story into a 10 episode TV show format, but if that was the case we wouldn't have all this boring filler.

m8 we're talking about the show where nothing you just said is relevant.

Im not that guy, just pointing out it will likely get downplayed A LOT in the show even though its the library of alexandria of westeros

I disagree, everything in the show is irrelevant.

Would it hurt them to show naked children??

It was a common sight back then and still is now if you go to India or many Asian countries in rural areas

Not asking for much. Just like them passing by a stable and a few hungry orphans beg for food and walk out completely naked

Genitals and bare ass in plain sight

Thats all i want. Arya is an old hag now and she was my only hope for years

Then the whole child slave thing for sex but we didnt even get to see lovely female bare chest at all

This fucking show is going south real quick. we need child nudity to spice it up

t. /hebe/

You forgot your picture.

wew lad

They did in season one.

They won't do it anymore because the show has hit mainstream and doesn't need to be so edgy/real anymore. It would hurt them now.

What I'd have done as a GoT showrunner is to make even more drastical changes to source material, perhaps something very similiar to what you've proposed and trying to keep the number of separate storylines to a minimum and mantain just a few "groups" of main characters. Again, what you've proposed. Because the current concept of 5 min episodes dedicated to each character inevitably leads to shortcuts, such as the quick Umber betrayal discussed earlier. It's hard to reason against complaints regarding superficial characterisation such as that, but bookfriends need to realize there's not much to do at this point. These storytelling decisions were made a long time ago, perhaps dating all the way back to beginning of S2.
tl;dr: D&D should have had more balls and adjust ASOIAF for screen more

For you it's the "real" story for me now

They should have axed the entire Dany story arc, the only thing she's good for is hebe fanservice and they didn't follow the books with that.

The show is just a watered down version of the books, so discussion about the show is inherently more simplistic, and it's getting increasingly simplistic to the point where I'm debating dropping the show just because of how boring it is.
But then I couldn't bitch about it with you guys

They even had Dareon for one episode in S1 and namedropped him in S3, but no mention of him since.
Poor guy

Is that Maisie's dildo?

:o It's bigger than her! It belongs to CIA, he calls it "Big Guy

Do you think they had to put a lof of makeup on Rickon?

Doesn't mean she doesn't use it. Perhaps CIA is presenting her a gift? And is saying in that pic "Maisie this is a gift for you"

I'm only watching it because I want to know how it ends. Season 7 better be the last one.

Yeah, I really don't see the point of any of it since it practically never intersects with the other stuff.

According to some polls Tyrion or Arya could be the most popular characters too, but Dany has the most fanatical fanbase. I don't like her either

Dragons, bro.

I genuinely wonder what it would be like to reread/rewatch a version of the story with all of the Dany chapters/scenes taken out. Like, you can even keep the other Essosi POVs like Tyrion and Barristan, but you never see Dany without them.

Sydow is a great actor but this looked better.

but that's what they used to do in earlier seasons. the reason they managed so many characters so well was because all the different plotlines would converge toward the 3 or 4 ebin resolutions in the last 2 episodes of each season. they could do this because they had the books to guide them.

the reason it doesn't work anymore is not because of too many characters with too many plotlines, but because D&D are hacks who can't write a good enough overarching story to work with.

why do you think we're here?

I already dropped it once in S4 but came back to watch it with /got/ and shitpost in live threads

As far as I know some fan project already did it, you only hear some news about her every now and then. Which is how it should have been in the books/show

If I had to guess, the effects were a) more expensive and b) Sydow told them "I'm not putting fucking prosthetics on."

Do you remember what it was called so I can look for it?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. It'd be exactly the same but without some of the filler.

showfags, not even once

Sorry man, it was so long ago I forgot. Closest thing I could find was reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/43fl5f/spoilers_all_imagine_a_scenario_where_we_do_not/

He's walking out of this shit show.

At least the fight choreography this episode wasn't completely terrible for once.

maybe it would've been a good idea not to waste an entire book on a pointless Dany plot that ended in setting her back to square one. jesus christ gurm is so fucking dumb.

It's not a big deal for me since I like development more than plot

I think I'm done with this show now. This season has too many strong wymen, not enough boobs and I just don't give a fuck about any of the story lines. I just watched the last episode and don't even remember what happened because I was playing on my phone the whole time.

GRRM had a whole rant about this, and how Tolkien said Aragorn 'ruled wisely' and how that was so dumb and fake and he was going to show somebody ruling and what they did.

Which he failed at miserably. And GRRM was wrong because Tolkien never said Aragorn 'ruled wisely.'

[GRINDING INTENSIFIES]

I don't because whenever there's a set timeframe for a story but the writer wastes most of it fucking around with red herrings, making characters go in circles and generally avoiding plot development for maximum teasing it turns into a shitshow at the end because of everything having to be resolved at the last moment.

which only makes the Meereen plotline that much more redundant since we already have King's Landing.

also, why in the fuck is it important to show how Dany rules? we'll never see her rule Westeros.

They've really toned down the sex in later seasons, why did they do that?

I dunno, I feel like showing how shitty of a ruler she is helps justify that jump to the conqueror mentality she has at the end of ADWD. She tried her hardest and she just sucks shit at it, so it's time to burn, burn, burn.

twitter

They've actually been fairly consistent with the show's timeline, especially compared to Gurm's clusterfuck of spergatry, which makes it even more distracting.

but all that could've been resolved way earlier if it was only ever gonna be a setup for her invasion. she just gives up on ruling, sets her dragons free and burns Slaver's bay down and the book ends with her preparing to invade Westeros.

Her and what army? 8000 Unsullied, two disgraced knights, a fat pit fighter, and a translator?

(Me)
better yet, we could've had the ADWD epilogue about a random unnamed POV running around in King's Landing and spotting a dragon flying over the city.

she could've sacked King's Landing with 8000 unsullied, 3 dragons, and whatever force she could gather after wrecking Slaver's Bay.

But then when does she kill Aegon?

Drive by dragon strike

But then how does she blow up King's Landing?

By sitting on it with her fat ass

The thing I hate most about GoT is that they go to all these beautiful locations like Dubrovnik and Warzazat, they get all these fucking gorgeous setpieces, and then they squander it all on MUH FEMINISM and shitty writing.

Like fuck, these niggers have the opportunity to do a great low fantasy series and they just throw it away.

who cares, the point is gurm obviously wants her to win, otherwise he wouldn't have wasted all this time on setting her up. he spent too long fucking around with Dany, and the more she was kept out of the main story the more ridiculous her plot armor became. not to mention he can't let her fail in Westeros now, not after all this teasing, which only makes her more ridiculous since it's been established that no one fighting for the Iron Throne is ever safe. gurm basically wrote himself into a corner.

>implying it matters when he'll die before ADOS comes out and Dany will never ever get to Westeros

It's just leading up to some eventual confrontation between the White Walkers and the Dragons. The Song of Ice and Fire.

She's just spent six seasons dicking around in Essos, and now:

1) She's being held captive by the khalasar
2) Her entire navy was burned

Her plotline should hurry up and become relevant to Westeros already.

So how are the white walkers going to get past the wall? And why are there gates in the wall? Wouldn't it just be easier to shut them and guard the top?

I've only watched the show, I haven't got a clue what that is.

Come on, we know this is where it is going.

It's a device that calls forth Ronald Reagan from the warp who then proceeds to tear down the wall.

I wanna nut inside this Daenerys.

She's 14, you sick fuck.

She's 20 something in the show, played by a fat little cave troll LARPing as an attractive actress.

where the fuck are they going with this story arc?

I thought that Dorne would play a part in the overall plot by allying with the Targs again when Dany finally makes it to Westeros.

Now, I'm starting to wonder if the Sand Sneks intend to take Dorne to war against the Lannisters and get themselves killed.

Someone /got/ found a poster more cancerous than the maisiefags - the legit faggot posting Patrick Stewart.

What makes you think it's one person, user?

I don't want to believe there are more than you, you fucking sperg.

Im a pedo but even I know 14 year oldgiels want to fuck most if not all guys they meet because they are so horny and spontaneously get wet

ever live in the same house as a teen? They fucking masturbate more than guys the same age

topkek

No, I haven't, but that can't be true.

struggling to bellieve this 2bh

its true. teenagers are horny as fuck

most of them are related to you. you need to be the better man

14 is sexually mature, you know. You can have children at 14.

yeah but you probably shouldnt have an army of losers jerking off to your 14 year old daughter.

What are you talking about? King Aerys was dead. Besides, if Rhaella died and he survived, he probably would have married her at 13 anyway.

its still gross.

It wasn't a very good one, tbh.

So Sydow is a shit actor then. First Daario now the Three Eyed Raven, D & D just don't care at all. This show is such shit.

Sydow is about 100 years old.

No way when I'm that old I'm sitting in a chair for 3 hours getting prosthetics attached to my melting skin.

Why does Dany keep threatening everyone even though she is lower than a slave at this point? Does she want to get murdered?

The guy playing Daario left on his own though

Why does Dany threaten the Dothraki when she lived among them for over a year and acclimated to their culture?

Nobody cares about your fee-fees, faggot.

Cause she's a stupid bitch, the end?

Yup

VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
strawpoll.me/10185093

Believe it.

Trips do not lie