X-Meh: Apocalypse

Truly an APOCALYPSE

Wasn't expecting it to be this bad, usually even if it sucks, it's at least 60% or above.

inb4 Disney has been paying critics to shit on all capeshit except Marvel's

There's no way it could be worse than Last Stand or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Although, if it is as bad as they say it is I'm not surprised. Filming for this was catastrophic.

What is so bad about the movie? What specifically is bad about it?

Ratings are lower than the last stand but not as low as X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I meant what was specifically bad being said about the movie.

I saw those… I hope some spoilers could be leaked like when people said Superman died and Batman used guns in BvS

The way they treated Apocalypse and how they made Weinstein's cocksleav, the non-actor, the main driving force of the movie (again) was the final nail in the coffin. Bryan "Sings and Swallows" Singer is now part of the problem when people thought he would be able to save Xmen twice in a row.

Truly a flop of apocalyptic proportions.

i wonder if they buy them or the majority of them are employed by subsidiary of disney. they probably get a subtle memo and someone higher up gets the kickback. Why risk someone going rogue when you can pay off the boss and make sure they have no power.

As far as I can tell Disney don't really own much print media. They're not like Newscorp who, ironically, own all the papers.

well if they actually made fucking jlaw the main protagonist this movie deserves to flop.

say what you will about the past ones being Huge Jacked Man's one man shows, at least the guy's not an unlikable wooden cunt.

Isn't it very fitting of CURRENT YEAR that they're trying to make Jlaw the protagonist, emasculate the leader character, but drag Wolverine into the picture just in case it doesn't work?

I never quite understood this. Was it just to cash in with the Hunger Games sheep?

I suppose they figured that JLaw's pretty popular, might as well exploit her.

Of course, shit has changed since Hunger Games and an increasing number of people are starting to dislike her, and in any case she said she doesn't want to do more X-Men films so it's a one time deal.

Jlaw's rise to unwarranted stardom was no accident. She found the right mutilated cock to suck in hollywood.

fox and disney have equal shares in hulu

Hulu isn't print media.

But fox is news corp

If by 'right' you mean 'all of them' then yes. Yes she did.

as long as the copious amounts of current year memes they shove in their movies keeps ruining them and make them lose shekels, I'm fine with it. you can fool people with written propaganda, but seeing that shit acted out on the screen will creep the normalfags out too.

probably. when they started casting the reboot jlaw was the hottest shit around.

Don't worry, it's not the end of the world if critics give bad reviews.

How was this NOT expected? From the trailers alone, the CGI was awful, Apocalypse looked like a fucking joke, and Jennifer Lawrence was in every second shot. I called this sucking all the way back during last year.

Plus, Days of Future Fags sucked ass.

Actually back when X-Men: First Class released, she wasn't popular at all and her biggest claim to fame was Winter's Bone, for which she was nominated for an Oscar. Hunger Games and Silver Linings Playbook released the next year, which is when she really became famous.

She's just like us.

has anyone seen the movie yet and can confirm?

X-Men is still kicking? Were any of them even good? They're not memorable.

even worse, she was in every shot WITHOUT the makeup!

as if mystic was ever ashamed of beeing a mutant or something, thus completely ruining the character

that's like half a shoah.

They're trying to milk as much money from the cunt as they can since she's only signed for this last movie.

X-Men 2, First Class,Days of Future Past and Deadpool were pretty good. X-Men and The Wolverine were decent. All the others were pretty shit.

Nigga ain't nobody wanna see that

First Class and Day of Future Past had a relatively grounded feel to them, this one was promoted as 'the end to the second trilogy', but once again they shat the bed and made it CGI crapfest. What is it with third film always sucking?

is there any other reason needed?

Third films generally suck. The only third part to a trilogy I can name that didn't suck is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I liked Rocky 3. 1 was depressing and dull. 2 was anticlimactic. 3 was actually fun. Then 4 though was the best of the series and 5 and 6 should have never happened.

Friday the 13th part 3 was good as well. Introduced the mask, created the iconic Jason. Set the tone for the rest of the Friday the 13th movies.

Undisputed 3 fucken ruled if you're into watching beefy dudes kick eachother. Blew out 1 and 2.

Not saying you're wrong tho.

-Continues the trend the entire series has had of completely ignoring the character's actual stories, appearance and characterization and instead just picked names from a list.
-The special effects make up continues to be insultingly bad.
-Added a stupid plot about Apocalypse causing Xavier to lose his hair.
-Jennifer Lawrence absolutely sunk the film. She's probably the single worst thing about it. For starters, she refused to wear the make up for her character. Whether it's the director's fault or hers, they made her character (Mystique) the leader of the X-Men. She rallies them and guides them in the final battle, and her acting is flat.
-Apparently a lot of the other actors give complete shit performances, notably Munn and the guy playing Apocalypse, and apparently Sophie Turner struggles a lot trying to pull off an American accent. Reviews claim the guy who plays Cyclops is a bright spot, but that's probably just because the character has been shat on in four different films already. They don't even give him the fucking visor, and they've still re-written his role as being the younger brother.
-At the end of the day the movie is still a fucking prequel. They try to build tension, but once you realize everything's leading to the events of the first X-Men film, you know who will likely live and die.

No surprise there

No surprise there either

The big selling point of these capeshit movies is that they use the budget to bring to life the comics into a realistic depiction in a way that we never were able to before (imaginations were greater than the budgets and technology were).

Now we can do it effortlessly with computers.

If they aren't even trying to replicate the comic book shit, I don't see the movie succeeding at all.

First Class was schlocky garbage, the plot of Days of Future Past was cringy and had plotholes you could walk through. The costumes sucked in that film as well, what the fuck was up with Sunspot's fag hair?

The trilogy rule typically comes down to studio interference. Perfect example of this is LotR, Peter Jackson filmed those movies back to back so the studio had basically no chance to interfere. Two Towers and Return of the King can effectively be counted together as the second film (hence RotK winning an Oscar for best picture.) Then he starts filming The Hobbit, and the studio execs clearly start rubbing their circumcised dicks all over it.

"Let's stretch out a short children's book into three movies." "Insufficient material? Throw in this stuff Tolkien never published!" "What we need is a love interest. Get that flat chick from Lost, she can play an empowered female Elf who falls in love with a handsome dwarf, the kids'll love it!" "Everything must be CG, greenscreen everything." "This is fantasy, right? Everyone liked Legolas skating down the stairs on a shield, why don't we have him run up falling rocks, and ride a bat to the top of a tower?"

See typically there's a law of diminishing returns. Each sequel after the second is expected to make less money, so the studio uses these projections to offer a much smaller budget. Then the director has to choose between making a much smaller film, or making concessions to the execs to get that extra money.

Terminator 3: "Let's make the film funnier." "Why can't we have a female Terminator? We could call her the Terminatrix, and she could be the strongest of them all!"

Robocop 3: "I think he should fight robot ninjas. And why can't we put a jet pack and machine gun hand on him? It'll be great."

Spider-Man 3: "God damn it, you're putting the Venom plot in this fucking movie whether you like it or not! We went half the film to be about Peter going dark and emo, and toss in that Gwen Stacy chick now in the third act, we need another love interest. Also, we need to sell more toys. We'll call him "New Goblin" and just put him on a snowboard with a facemask. The kids'll love it. Yes, yes you can have your Sandman plot as well. And remember, Kirstin Dunst is refusing to wear the breast enhancements again."

The Dark Knight Rises: "Can we just make one of these villains a commentary on terrorism? How about this Bane guy? He wears a mask, right? It's a luchador mask? Fuck it." "Let's toss in Catwoman, but Anne Hathaway is demanding she get to criticize the wealthy and that her Catwoman be part of the 99%. Also she has to save Batman in the end and deal the decisive blow." "Let's talk franchisizing, we need you to put in some plot leaving the possibility for a future Robin film open. I don't care how little sense it makes, just put it in there."

Mystique having no make-up was clearly just JLaw being a stuck up bitch.

Rebecca Romijn had to have twice as much make-up and had to have her make-up done for four times as long and she did it like a trooper.

All of these were Hackson's decisions. Hackson produced it.

Again, these were all Nolan's decisions. Nolan made the film that he wanted to, the problem was that he didn't particularly want to make the film.

JUST

Jackson has admitted in interviews subsequently he had no idea what he was doing with the films, and from everything that came out it's pretty clear the studio was holding the budget ransom. del Toro quit the production because the studio kept them in limbo for years. Jackson didn't want to stretch it into three films, that was the studio. He did choose that silmarillillilippion(sp?) stuff as what he would pad the film out with though. The love interest was also the studio.

Because he took over from Del Toro at such short notice.

MGM was pretty much bankrupt at the time. That's the reason they didn't make another Bond film until Skyfall after Quantum of Solace.

He'd always planned for it to be two films, regardless.

Had Kevin Bacon been brought back for this I'd have not only watched the movie, but I'd have enjoyed it to.

Why you goy… I mean user are so antisemitic suggesting Disney buys the movie critics? Oy vey! It's like the shoah all over again!

Return of the King was the second best Lord of the Rings film

they threw away this
for that

I know Rebbecah Romain looked so good in just blue paint and decals. Her ass jiggled like crazy when she cartwheeled if I remember correctly. Instant boner.

romjin-mystique is best myistique in every way possible

JLAW is a stuck up whore

She was married to John Stamos. How could she not be perfect?

But…WAS it a trilogy?

To be fair, it made sense to recast for First Class because it was a prequel.

Her prominence in the later two films was clearly down to her newfound 'popularity' though.

BRAVO SINGER

Jessica Lawrence has zero sex appeal

its like a robot pretending to be human and not understanding anything about human physical interaction

its actually extremely painful to watch

I just can't get over her face

They at least own ad-space, thats all they seem to need.

Just going on their stances alone, Romain on the right looks way more appealing and actually interesting then the stone cold, rigid lawrence on the left.

Jlaw looks like a blue ghost her posture/look screaming 'save me from this tortured existence, mortal'

I'm sure the audience rating will be much higher. Seems like critics hate anything not Marvel Universe.

To be fair, I think Lawrence's picture might actually be from the movie itself, whereas Romijn's is from a publicity still.

Not just the sex appeal, but she's wooden, it's obvious she's an actor playing a character instead of the character brought to life, and that's not how you make movies. I bet all the time, for all the movies she's done, she's thinking "this character is stupid" (understandable, all modern fiction is fucking stupid), "I don't want to be here", "This make up makes me itchy" and the all-time classic "my feet hurt". She looks like she's thinking that, that she's playing the character "ironically", in a way, and it's fucking annoying.

Its Rebbeca's posture that is more alluring and showing her curves more prominently.

wow, pay no mind to the shit redaction please. I'm stupid.

come on her cheeks aren't THAT chubby

her promo shoots are equally lifeless

yes they are and its disgusting

I think you mean adorable as fuck

go back to >>>/furry/ with your silly hamster fetish

Calling JLaw a hamster is an insult to hamsters.

JUST

FUCK

b-b-b-b-but user! if they put color and fancy costumes and more than just blue and orange then nobody will take our artsy film seriously!!

Damn, she's getting chubby.

Wooden acting, lifeless posture, soulless woman.

Well the rating has gotten better.

I hope they fixed the CGI at least since the trailers. Ironman's armor with Tony's head out of it still looked like shit in the actual movie

This has a chance of being more well-received than BvS… Not that actually means much

I've got something chubby for her cheeks if you know what I mean.

You guys are forgetting that tolkien's kids are stuck-up shits and were fighting to keep the hobbit movies from being made in the first place.

for good reason too seeing their heritage raped

Given the end result I don't blame them.

Plus you could believe she really could fuck shit up with otherworldly martial art shit

JLaw looks hydrocephalic

for example

Kill yourself.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

bunch of faggoty goys in this thread

I thought the son cared enough to finish the last book?

You could start with that talentless reject Olivia Munn.

First Class was cringeworthy trash.

magneto's killing spree made the movie

Xavier and Magneto's bromance was pretty fun

Emma Frost was trash though

I liked it, X-Men by it's nature is cringe. If you aren't cringing at the X-Men Apocalypse trailer you're doing it wrong.

Vaugn sexed it up and added youthful energy, I prefer his take on X-Men over Singer's camp Matrix rip off.

Aww she looks cute

no