Why did M Night Shamalan stop making kinos?

Why did M Night Shamalan stop making kinos?

he started obsessing over casting the latest young cute tight little white actress in a leading role, instead of powerhouses that could carry his work like Willis, Gibson and Phoenix

latest example: he's now filming something staring the girl from The Witch

shyamalan was always a good formal director with very weak concepts. he lucked out with tss and unbreakable because the gimmick had (barely) enough depth to support a film

What's the problem?

Unbreakable is best capeshit.

what's a kino? I started seeing this word pop up a few months ago and I still haven't figured it out.

Russian for "movie", duh.

French for "movie", duh.

Taijik for "movie", duh.

German for "cinema", duh.

…great

Pig Latin for "3D virtual reality Vitaphone Vistavision talkie motion picture experience of 1928", duh.

Holla Forums meme.

go back to halfchan

In my native tongue ‘kino’ refers to the actual building (cinema, theatre) you go to see films.

What is this kino meme I keep seeking?

It's from half

It's English for "MUUUAAAH THE FRENCH", duh.

All me.

Slav?

Kino has dream, kino has music. No form of art goes beyond ordinary consciousness as kino does, straight to our emotions, deep into the twilight room of the soul. A little twitch in our optic nerve, a shock effect: twenty-four illuminated frames in a second, darkness in between, the optic nerve incapable of registering darkness. At the editing table, when I run the trip of film through, frame by frame, I still feel that dizzy sense of magic of my childhood: in the darkness of the wardrobe, I slowly wind one frame after another, see almost imperceptible changes, wind faster — a movement.