HALF IN THE BAG

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

sage

I just wanted to beat that RLM autist to it before he goes on here being butthurt over them again.

sage

AIDSMoby is a marketing genious

sage

same

sauce

only if you sage

The end

never

Rich confirmed as RLM shill.

Impossible. Beardfat is the RLM shill.

Thank you user.

Was the bald guy just some guy or is he meant to be someone famous?

Probably just some guy. They used to bring in amateur local actors in early HitB episodes so this guy is probably just some dude.

wait that wasn't aids moby?

all bald guys look the same to me

The best part of the review was watching Jay getting beaten up.

not rich getting shot several times?

It's the only episode I watch because there they don't have to bother shilling for shit.

Notice they never made a 2016 FUCK YOU ITS JANUARY? They were so caught up with the TFA backlash that it made them forget.

How much is Disney paying RLM to not shit on TFA?

Hard to do a fuck you it's January when until February every theater was showing Star wars on 7 screens in a 6 screen show house.

Star wars was so over the top it fucked up Christmas and didn't stop until mid February.

You know, I'm kinda wondering if Disney would even be able to DO anything if RLM did tear into TFA for being a steaming pile of shit.

They can cut off their funding, sure, but at that point it's clear RLM doesn't give a fuck anymore, and they can't take them to court either, because then they'd have to publicly fess up to paying off reviewers.

I think you underestimate the influence and power that Disney wields. They could probably make the entire RLM cast unemployable without any effort at all and fuck them over in a great number of ways if they decide to start being too critical of TFA.

I highly doubt Disney would bother with e-celebs like RLM. What's more likely is that RLM knew how much hype this overrated movie would bring and how many potential subscribers it would mean for them. Hence their reason for giving a very out of character review to satisfy the masses while also throwing a rather uncommon political joke into their mix despite that not being a usual thing for them.

Do people still watch this?
I got hooked by the Plinkett reviews (like most people) but gave up shortly after; they only review mainstream shit that I'd never see anyway. Even Plinkett became shit, did you see the Neo Trek review? "Star Trek needed to become boring normalfag action movies, so this movie is good". Yeah, no, fuck that.
Don't even get me started on BOTW. Why would I watch that shit when MST3K and rifftrax exist? They mostly just sit around awkwardly, not even making jokes about the movie.

I'm guessing that the SW Ep. VII review will be the same thing: a few decent jokes but with "actually this is the right direction for Star Wars!" and "actually this movie was pretty good" thrown in several times.

You'd be surprised. If they got a nobody like JonTron to shill for them I think they would also like to have the somewhat more famous creator of the Plinkett reviews shill the new movie too. It's not like there was a directive from the top kike that RLM had to review it favourably but that someone in a marketing company that is on Disney's payroll thought it would be a good idea. I mean they have forum poster shills ffs, it's not inconceivable that they also bought the RLM review.

See these days they can't just bribe movie reviewers since the Internet has allowed for consumers to make up their own minds without having to rely on critics. You're much more inclined to trust a friend or just another consumer than you are to trust more professional outlets. So companies hire people to influence the consumers more directly, with things such as fake user reviews, hired forum posters and so on. That includes controlling amateur reviewers.

RLM has just over one tenth the amount of subscribers Jontron has. Not to mention that Jontron works for Polaris, which is owned by Disney.

They got Jontron to shill because they have direct control over his youtube sponsor group, Polaris. I'm not sure how similar this situations are.

I can't believe I most agreed with Jay. I think Civil War is either the best or second best of the Marvel movies, I put it neck and neck with Winter Soldier. Yeah, there were problems with the film, but few worth complaining about.

What I found funny was that Mike and Rich both disliked it for the exact opposite reasons. Mike (correctly) thought it was stupid people would be blaming the superheroes for these tragedies. There would be far more destruction of these heroes didn't stop it, and if they had to go through bureaucracy the world would have ended. Not to mention the governments were ready to nuke the fucking city. The Avengers didn't summon those aliens, the only tragedy they were partially responsible for was Sokovia and only in so much as Stark created Ultron.

Rich meanwhile felt Iron Man's position was the only logical one, as if anyone with exceptional abilities should be forced to work for the government, obey their commands and give them all their personal information. And they can't even claim "maybe this agency is good" because the one in charge of it is Thunderbolt Ross. Granted, he hasn't become the Red Hulk yet in the films, but it was already established in his last appearance through his interactions with The Hulk that he's incompetent and his chief interest is gaining control of that power for himself. Clearly the guy responsible for Abomination existing shouldn't be given complete control of the world's superheroes.

Beyond that all their complaints were about the tone shifts. Did they want moody, edgy portrayals of Spider-Man and Ant-Man? You can't fucking have everything. If they don't pull in every super hero they're aware of people complain "But where was X?" "Why didn't he just call The Avengers?" So that's what they did here. It makes sense Ant-Man would come along because his movie established his relationship with Falcon. Besides that, without him the fight would have been incredibly one-sided.

Their motivations were clear and made sense the whole way through, particularly the ending fight. How could Tony not want to kill him right after watching his parents murdered?

every time

YMS did a review that redditors are getting mad about.

Yes, but in terms of SW RLM is much more prominent. I'm not sure how many SW fans watch JonTron but the Plinkett reviews put RLM on the map for many SW fans which made them an excellent target for astroturfing or whatever they call it these days.
Naturally, he makes video game videos so they just forced him to make a series about SW games. It probably didn't cost them anything at all. If Disney did indeed influence RLM's review their marketers must have specifically targeted them.

I don't know, chances that RLM are bought TFA shills are about 50/50. It's hard to say if they have atrociously bad taste, wanted to pander to their reddit subscribers or if Disney was behind it.

They make a ton of money on Patreon, they don't need to shill.

People like JonTron don't need to shill either but they're contracted to do it.

I thought you were exaggerating then I watched the first five minutes.

We know it's you, you admitted you shill on Holla Forums. You got at least one free view out of me though.

I agree with most of what you said, except I didn't think Iron Man was an asshole. He basically has surviror's guilt. Also Scarlet Witch fucked with his head and gave him a vision of everyone being dead and it being his fault. That's why he retired from being a super hero to begin with.

The bit that didn't make sense was him dragging Spider-Man along with him. I think I get that he wants to mentor him because he sees a lot of himself in him what with Peter being a genius and all. So I totally get him saying "Let me design a better suit for you to keep you safer" but I don't get "Let me drag you to a foreign country to fight super-people."

Can you make a webm next time you dog fucking cancuck? Comes off as less shilly.

People on Reddit still love them because of Rich Evans laugh.

Cancerous streamers and Youtubers will frequently quote their reviews as infallible dogma that cannot ever be wrong or stupid.

In short, retarded fanboys still watch their garbage.

The only value any of their videos have at all is the off chance that their Best of the Worst videos alerts you to a movie you'd enjoy but might not otherwise have heard of.

People should have realized that they were shit long ago, especially after their horrendous Space Cop movie but apparently their fanboys loved it because it was bad because it was meant to be bad. But they also love their reviews where they shit on movies intending to be bad because it's not good if it tries to be bad. Everything about RLM has become a complete clusterfuck of contradictions.

At least it's not as bad as Pre_Rec.

This has been known for ages though, he frequently says and does incredibly stupid shit on Pre_Rec streams. Most notably he hates any console game because of bad graphics and bad controls but at the same time loves Bioware games and enjoys terrible hipster games with abysmal controls because they're meant to be bad.

They were bought.

Hey guys, sometimes I watch RLM videos for personal enjoyment / entertainment reasons.

I don't care about movies, reviews, politics, opinions, or faggy secret club imageboards or reddit. It's fucking amazing for a solid 10 minutes, but then I have to go back to perusing actual fulfilling things in my life.

Please respond if you consume high amounts of xenoestrogen, do nothing but play video games all day, and are balding in your 20s and talk like a monotone fag.

i liked it

There's no point arguing with fanboys like that.

These are the same types of people who argue along the lines of "Why would boxers take a dive for some quick easy money instead of earning it over a period of years of destroying their brains?" There is simply no reasoning with them, the denial is deep and strong.

RLMIDF fanboy spotted.

Because making videos for the internet is the same as taking punches to the face for a living.

How are you this stupid?

Rich is such a hipster.

This logic: Major billion-dollar globalist coporations make a ton of money, they don't need to shill.

stop shilling your shit here on tv

you are an autist, and while i have found you agreeable, i dont want to watch some autistic breakdown of quatranary lore for 20 minutes. thats why i come here.

So how long do you think it will be until RLM starts doing some lolcow stuff in a desperate attempt to remain relevant? What do you think is the movie/review/whatever they will finally sperg out on? I can't imagine their regular jobs pulling in as much money as RLM and all related Internet productions. They'll be wanting to ride the Internet gravy train as much as possible, even if it's into the ground. Just like every other e-celeb in existence.

People wanted them to do just Plinkett vids but they did HITB instead. Then people wanted them to just do HITB and they did BOTW instead.

There is a pattern.

Does Pre Rec fit into the pattern? Are they trying to slowly disengage from their initial success and fade themselves out so they can return to their old boring lives? Or is it the opposite and they're disengaging from being critics to paid shills?

I think Mike had enough sense to put together HitB than keep churning out uninspired Plinkett reviews. Originally making more and more Plinkett reviews seemed to be the plan before the realization that Plinkett reviews take too much preparation and planning to be feasible. HitB allowed them to do more with less planning and I think BotW came about as a way of letting them discuss movies that weren't new releases, but in a particular format.

The same reason why the Star Wars (and Star Trek) reviews were so well put together is also the reason why we rarely ever see them; each of those movies were personally important to Mike, and maybe Rich. Star Trek and especially tearing apart the Star Wars prequels was a passion project so that's why Mike devoted so much attention to them and formulating reviews in a way that they could be read out almost like a research paper but intermixed with banter. Recapturing the effectiveness and entertainment of those reviews means finding a movie or series of movies that yields a similar reaction. When you look at it that way you can tell why they haven't gone ahead with making The Matrix trilogy series of reviews or other notorious movies.

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Holla Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

holy shit, the world is really fucked, isn't it? the internet is not in its death throes, it's already been destroyed by ads and media subversion.

Textbook projection, but the real shame is the energy wasted typing that out.

it's a growing pain, just like when you're a toddler and you fall down repeatedly because you're wearing baby shoes

this in no way signals the end of civilization - just the end of twitter and facebook as means of relation

Sounds pretty spot on.

This is the worst RLM defense I've heard so far.

This is what happens when you don't have jesus

Pretty much.

its too bad populism is winning because you are absolutely right

Fun Fact: It's the same defense used by BCS faggots as well. Is there a correlation?

fuck off shill

I have Jesus, user.

We can all have Jesus.

Wew lad

This post comes off as just a more opulently-worded version of all the shitposters who actually believe them to be corporate shills, but I found this line interesting :

I find it funny how for all their love of movies, they do seem far too insecure to really attempt to make real art, or at least create something of their own that isn't just disguised in irony and self-awareness. I haven't seen Space Cop but if it's anything like their other short films, it just sounds like another "ironically bad" piece of shit, another lazily-made non-movie that tries to capture the humor of B-movies without the sincere stupidity that makes those kind of movies enjoyable.

I'd like to contrast them with MillionDollarExtreme, who, while a comedy group first and foremost, create short films that at least try to have an artistic quality to them, and don't lay the irony on thick as an easy failsafe against any criticism.. Look at video related. While it's main intention is as comedy, there are some more technical aspects to it that make it interesting to watch, and the oddball form of humor makes it stand out . MDE has actually created a form of comedy that stands on its own, instead of just riffing on genre conventions, which had been done to death long before RLM was even around.

It's just disappointing that, for all they have to say about film, RLM doesn't seem capable of doing much beyond discussing it.

You retarded niggers do know that the post is copypasta as old as time, right?

Clearly, the words still hold some power.

No.

I rarely go on this board, anyway, seeing as it is often both gay and retarded in unique and powerful ways.

MMMMUUUAAAAAHHHHAAHHHH THE FRENCH

that champagne nigga its real

Fuck you can't escape its fucking everywhere. Burrowing into everything.

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…..

Because some of them are actually true, even if the intention is to shitpost.

Go back to aaaaaaa/a/

DORITOS IN FUCKING RAMEN

you know if you weren't pretentious weaboos and actually jap you might enjoy the triviality of doritos in ramen.

I dunno man I've found some good non mainstream shit from their show like Blue Ruin and recently Green Room.

Their praise of Neo Trek and TFA show how shallow they are, I enjoy what they put out but I don't trust them at all as reviewers.

Space Cop was terrible because of how non committal it was. It worked as a 3 minute Youtube clip that would never exist because that's the limit of "so ironic XD" humor.

Space Cop was utter shit.

Space Cop was godawful. It's not impossible to make good self aware low budget movies, just look at Deathstalker 2. I'm not sure how they managed to make something so terrible, it's like they treated it as a school project that nobody involved wanted to do but they did it anyway and it came out like you would expect.

cuck detected

what's BCS

Better Cuck Saul

why live tbh

I enjoyed Mike's reviews on the Star Wars and Star Trek TNG films. I like the production design/ tech aspects of HitB but otherwise it's pretty boring—maybe if i previously saw the movie under review but otherwise Mike & Jay just lack the charisma to do a Siskel & Ebert at the Movies style review show. S&EATM would review every major film that week in a 22-min program. Mike & Jay often require somewhere between 30 min and 1 hour to do 1–2 movies plus variety programming such as skits and pseudo-celebrity interviews such as Milwaukee area personalities. I would like to know HitB's balance sheet… does it make them money, on balance? Or is it just advertising for their paid stuff?

can we just use this thread for the new video?

do we really need another thread for the new video?

god dammit

Come on be a sport.

What the hell…

sauce plz