Recent Cinema Experiences

So I just got back from seeing Captain America: Civil War which as you know only just premiered in clapistan. Now I know there's a thread up on the movie, but it's not the film I want to discuss (though for the record, I thought it was meh until Spidey's first scene, and from then on the tone felt much lighter and more fun. The opening had some dialog that felt stupid, and I was annoyed they took Captain America's speech from the Civil War comic and made it a feminist eulogy instead of a speech Cap gave. Overall 9/10) I want to discuss my -admittedly spergy and spaghetti-filled experience.

A faggot's about to enter the thread, sage and say:

They always manage to post first whenever the OP so much as mentions a superhero movie.

Care to make a summary friend?

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

In all my years of going to the movie, nobody has ever fucking clapped. Not once. There's no one to appreciate the clapping and nobody in their right mind would do that. Please, kill this shit meme about clapping in theaters.

Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's false. I've seen it happen when I saw the last Harry Potter movie and people were clapping during multiple scenes but not at the ending oddly.

the only time i've ever seen it was the premiere of the phantom menace, everyone clapped when the previews were over and the movie actually started. only time it ever happened to me in any cinema, even when i saw rocky horror picture show which had actual performers

Hollywood sure must be pissed

I used to think it never really happened, until a few years back I got dragged to a showing of God's Not Dead. Then I told myself "Okay, so it's just religious people that do that." Since then though, I've noticed it with every major release if the audience liked it.

why did they stop clapping? you need to commit to a bit, or don't do it at all. what a sad story.

OP here, if it's any consolation to you as we were leaving the theater I saw the same six boys sitting on the front steps to the theater still clapping.

Clapistan is real. At least in the midwest. It can happen at any moment. The title screen, the appearance of a character, after particular scenes, when the credits roll. It seems to be more prevalent with major releases on opening weekends. Usually just over excited dimwits expressing their glee in the most embarrassing way possible.

everytime i go to a capeshit movie with my friends who love to hate movies the normies always clap
it only happens with capeshit
i've been to a good amount of different theaters and they always clap

I've lived in Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas my whole life.

I have never, ever, ever, ever, once, even sort of heard or seen anyone clap at a movie theater. Ever.

I *have* however, heard niggers cheering and screaming and hooting and hollering at the screen before at a movie theater. I've never seen clapping, and I never really hear cheering except from blacks.

I also am not a child, so I do not go to see superhero movies. Can't speak for those.

not hard to imagine really, two tickets to an imax 3d premiere is easily $30-40 then add a $5 soda, 10$ popcorn, and $15 for two of any nachos, hot dog, soft pretzel, and candy

i refuse to stay in a theater with unruly assholes like that. i have walked out, complained to mananement, and gotten refunds every time within the first ten minutes

Growing up in my little corner of the world, no one ever clapped or talked in the movies. Occasionally there were crying babies or cellphones, but that was it. But ever since 2012, every fucking time, its nothing but shrieking bats, clappers or chatter boxes who can't keep quiet for the movie. I stopped going to the movies 2 years ago. Last time I went was when I snuck in to see SWVII (only Star Wars movie I refused to pay for). The mess in the theater was truly real. Screaming banshees, popcorn flying, cellphones a ringing, people just howling and speaking loudly throughout the whole thing, and the occasional "YEAH! THAT'S MY BOY SOLO!" or some other similar crap. Fuck what a degrading time this is.

that's why i pirate literally everything unless someone is paying for tickets
then i buy candy from dollar tree and sneak it in
do people really spend that much on the theater? or is this a meemee

i think i got pretty lucky
there's this theater in an abandoned mall near where i live, tickets are 5 bucks and they show new movies
nobody ever goes there either, so for 5 dollars i see numerous movies and get a whole day's worth of entertainment

The two movie tickets cost 21 bucks.
The snacks at the theater were two hot dogs, two drinks and a large popcorn and this added up to 30 bucks.
Prior to this we'd stopped by wal-mart, where she asked if I'd get her some chocolate with almonds in it which were a 3.50 tube of hershey's almond clusters and a bag of almond M&MS, some strawberry cupcakes and a burrito. I got myself a 2 dollar bag of unwrapped starburst figuring I'd probably not have more than a handful and an extra bottle of water for when my soda ran out, I've had a sore throat. Not sure how this added up to 29 bucks, but there you go. She snuck her snacks in in her purse, I was wearing cargo pants.

Both her birthday and mother's day are this month, on the same day. I offered to treat her with everything, and I'm generally such a tightwad with my money I decided not to hold anything back.

What, you'd rather just steal shit because [insert false justifications here]?

Nigger the DVD or Bluray doesn't cost that much, what the fuck are you doing?

you're a good son but damn this enabling behavior allows for the shitty movie theater industry to thrive

dvd and blueray dont play on a 30 foot screen in my living room

Living in third world is great

In Argentina for the latest capeshit it was real too
There were many moments where people laughed out loud and it was annoying. In the end they clapped too.

The only time I recall this happening was for the last Harry Potter, it was opening weekend so of course it was a bunch of dressed up kids and faggots that clapped for every character's first appearance and especially at the end with the final battle it was fucking unbearable

But overrall, the "clapping at everything" seems like a forced meme. It only occurs at franchise films-Star Wars, HP, or Marvel-that have a large and retarded fanbase

you're a good son but damn this enabling behavior allows for the shitty movie theater industry to thrive>>326020
was it any good?

nice try, newfag

Which is to say, movies for children that grown men should not be watching in the first place and should expect to see children at when you do.

If you were to go to a performance of Sesame Street On Ice, you'd be a goddamn retard to get pissed off when the kids in the audience start cheering and acting like kids.

You get what you expect to get.

I've yet to encounter clapping in theaters
I have heard niggers screeching and hooting and generally nigging during movies
But my mom says that she witnessed clappers at the end of Ghostbusters premiere way back in the day