Robocop wasn't so bad

robocop wasn't so bad
not as good as the original, but I've seen much worse

the issue with all these shitty reboots is that even the camp ones are so hyped that you can't even enjoy them ironically.

Better than Chappie at least.

how does one enjoy a film ironically?

I'm not going to explain this to you if you can't even use the proper nomenclature.

youre right, excuse me
sgsere sergtwhyrgbfvcrfevc nb ,kol.h ?

h,tgri eusxec yeoru me
? rerwyrsfcvgbhcgftve sergse bn h,.olk

Maybe, but it wasn't needed. Just like all these unnecessary reboots of great films. Why make less than great remakes of what were already great films?

Okay, this scene is pretty badass, I'm gonna give the movie a try.

The movie was leading to Robocop dying at the end and that would have worked perfectly but instead they kept him alive for sequels that will never happen.

Also gratuitous Samuel L Jackson usage.

It was better than I expected it be.

That said, it was still mediocre shit.

Chappie is a comedy about "What happens if we give an AI to niggers". It's a good comedy

I like it better than the original. It was self aware enough to get away with being a reboot. The original is mostly remembered for it's memes and just isn't as great as people remember.

I also like the Evil Dead remake a lot. It's VERY different film from the original but far from a bad one.

Do us a favor for and kill yourself.

They were white trash, Holla Forumstard.

The original ending of Robocop made a lot more sense. The directive was removed when Dick Jones was fired from his job, allowing RC to shoot him.

In the remake he overcomes the directive WIT DA POWAH OF LUV. There's never a more cliched cop out.

The remake of Dredd was better than the original.

I've never seen the original.

this is legitimately the only decent part of the film

the rest is pure shit

chappie wasn't a cashgrab remake, at least. for that alone it's better than dubstepcop.

is this really happening right now? the original film is fucking perfection you uber faggot, kill yourself this nanosecond.

the original isn't bad, it just has forced rob schneider, dredd removing his helmet because studios wanting people to recognize stallone's face (even though he himself was fine with keeping it on) and bad use of the comic dialogue. visually it's a lot closer to the comics than the 2012 film, which simply puts it into a more realistic world. a friend of mine made an edit that tones down on the camp and gives it a more serious vibe, a much better version imo.

I watched the remake with zero expectations and it was so generic and underwhelming that I forgot I watched a movie ten minutes after it was over. I can't remember more than two scenes vaguely so if it was that bad I guess that's a good thing.

At this point I don't even give a heck if they make another remake. If they do they shouldn't make it without all the contemporary edge and just go full retard with it instead of trying so fucking hard.

: ^ )

: )

smh fam, Judge Minty is superior to both.

Stallone Dredd is great, very quotable.

I NEVER BROKE THE LAW
I AM THE LAW

The Robocop reboot had some nice ideas, but they kept the gore level so low that it was hard to care that much.

They should have had more human/machine hybrids present, and Murphy should have lost his humanity from the get go and then worked his way towards being conscious. That he's shown as being just a man in a machine suit kind fucks with the whole concept of losing his humanity which the movie is about (or at least the original was about).

I nearly forgot about Chappie existing. I still don't get why they decided to just make everyone into robots at the end rather than keep it was a Short Circuit ripoff. I suppose trying to keep things upbeat by having the protagonists not really die?

Your nostalgia goggles are showing goy.

Most people saying this shit can't even tell you the plot of robocop, they just say it's "I'd buy dat for a dollar!" and maybe mention the baby food.

The Violence was the worst part of the new Robocop. The lack of gore wasn't a bad thing because we're not dealing with 80's slasher flicks any more. It would of been a shit load of CGI blood and looked fucking awful.

Doesn't stop it from being an annoying garbage movie with no redeeming value unless you're a cuck who worships yolandi's AIDS infested blacked cunt. I enjoyed Robocop more.

Chappie isn't a remake though you retard. It's a very different story to fucking Johnny five.

The remake was actually kind of interesting for the first hour or so when they were setting it up, but then they just rushed through everything else once Murphy was actually Robocop and they realized that they only had another hour to wrap this whole thing up.

The trips speak truth.

I didn't say that it's a remake you imbecile,.

you are legitimately the only person who thinks that about the original film.

It wasn't bad. The difference between it and the original i guess was the globalization, rules of engagement, AI ethics sub-plot. Politics in action movies always feel forced and preachy.

By putting "wasn't a cashgrab remake" in greentext, you implied the opposite

Are you the special kind of retarded that thinks the movie is filmed in real time and sequentially?
Because that's not how it works.

It would make a decent HBO series, but only if they restored the camp elements. Without the over-the-top satire its just more science fiction with cgi. The novelty is gone.
With the exaggerated social satire of the original it could be fun to watch and still have an edge to cut yourself on.

Now its just another forgettable remake by an industry choking on its own detritus.

LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Samuel L Jackson IS the over top satire. That was his purpose.

Are you the special kind of retarded that blurts out the first stupid thing that comes to his mind?

Because that's not how you argue.

Why is that bad?

:^)

Out of all the things to keep why the lungs, one of the easiest organs to replicate and improve on?

No, SLJ was a paid OCP shill. His appearance was just ridiculous, and they fucked up by having his cuss rage censored out.