ITT: Kino that were too good for this pleb world

smh fam why even breathe the same air as film critics lmao

Unlike comedies that came before and after them, 90's comedies are full of experimental jokes, bizzare pacing, and less emphasis on the story. They have so much memorable things that make you giggle, even though you don't really understand the reason why. These things only work in motion picture format, and nowhere else.

Try to watch Freddy Got Fingered, The Pest, Enchino Man, Biodome, and Dude Where's My Car. They're devoid of obvious and intellectual jokes, but there is something else that makes the audience laugh. Some says that they're stoner comedies that are only funny when you're under marijuana influence, but truth says the otherwise.

There is an aspect of 90's comedies that really touches the audience's inner emotions, and it can't be articulated by words. 90's comedies are pure Kinographe and 90's was the best era for comedies. They're self referential motion pictures. Literally Tarkovsky and Bresson in comedy format.

that movie where michael cera plays an awkward teenager

I think I know what you mean by this.

My brother and I watched this recently (well, tried to} and while it's fucking terrible, the first minute or so where it's playing the credits and showing some of the character dancing on galaxies or some shit is so utterly bizarre we were both laughing for like 5 minutes straight. Something about the bad late 90's pop music, weird early digital effects and editing, and obsession with being "cool" was mind-blowingly hilarious, in a way that encapsulated the ugly, trashy culture of the late 90's and early 2000's.

so that they can't breathe it?

if you've already breathed all the air, then film critics won't be able to breathe it

Only movies with the Kino classic approved logo are true kino.

This. So much this.

Film critics are nothing but paid advertisers now.

You mean every movie he's ever been in?

kino?

those were never funny smh tbhq fam

Ouch

Kill yourself.

no, I mean that movie where he plays an awkward teenager

(red text)DADDY WOULD U LIKE SOME SAUSAGE?????(/red txet)

thas my fav film fam (green text)XD(/green text)

================
FAGGOT

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've never redtexted before instead of just being fresh of the boat from reddit or some shit.

Search your feelings, faggots, you know it to be true.

=test=

What a faggot

Cable Guy really was ahead of its time, even though parts of it don't work. Still, when I first saw it 2007, I couldn't believe how so many people blasted it as one of the worst movies ever.

The soundtrack also was pretty excellent.

Fixed.

Some do it for free if there are enough liberal good boy points involved.

ayy i remember this

We literally have a board for that, god damn.
>>>/test/

10/10 post.

what the fuck is a kino

It's Cantonese for "zoetrope", duh.