What are some good war movies

what are some good war movies

stuff like jarhead and generation kill

stuff thats not like saving private ryan where its just the "war is hell" type shit

but stuff that shows some funny stuff and the more real side of war complete with all the stupid fuck ups and bad officers and stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

defensemedianetwork.com/stories/women-with-guns-the-red-army-female-snipers-of-world-war-ii/
haaretz.com/wwwMobileSite/israel-news/.premium-1.656935?v=7E959EB84082A6929F3CB5EA0A4131A3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Check out Over There.

Sharpe is pretty good if you don't mind it being set in the Napoleonic War

nty

Mg sides have been blown like a IED

They have obligatory military service for women in Israel & Norway - I think there is at least one other country as well.

Also, Lyudmila Pavlichenko had 309 kills in WWII - Chris Kyle 'only' had 160 confirmed kills.

I wouldn't send women to the frontline, but I think they work just fine in border patrol, as pilots, service personnel, snipers, drone pilots, etc.

fuck you

they consistently score so much lower on physicals that they need a whole new category just to have a few pass

women do not belong in combat

yeah? well Simo Häyhä killed 505 Russians, so fuck you

Obligatory.

fucking christ. i realize this has to be a bullshit propaganda video but ffs, she cant even climb the wall

the military should not consist of tokens, ever

this is the most retarded shit i've ever heard of, and i grew up on the campus of west point

You really are naive.

Yes, I know that, but I don't see how that detracts from Lyudmila accomplishments. The point I wask making is that she was a good sniper, one of the best of all time.

You do realize that the "Brave Soviet Sniper Womyn" is complete propaganda?

Stop putting her on the pedestal.

And as a someone who actually had to serve with women, I can safely say that there are no good ones.

Oh, boy! ‘it is all propaganda’, and a personal anecdote? Say no more, user - faced with such irrefutable evidence I am convinced. I have seen the light, brother! Hallelujah!

Hogan's Heroes :^)

you're lucky to not

all your snark will not pull you out of a ditch, and neither will a woman who passed a third of the physical requirements you did

Can't go wrong with this classic!

Just head over to /k/ and ask them about women in the service.
The tl;dr version is something like this:
People who argue against this have never been near any military women.

Major Payne

biodome, encino man
pretty much anything with the weasel

best theme tune

Das Boot.

Wew you don't know anything about the military huh? Snipers are required to be able to move and survive on their own, making it harder than regular infantry. Because snipers train to more endurance than a regular soldier, be alone, and carry their own weight.

A lot of the stories about rape in the military are such bullshit too. They're asking for dick so much that the soldiers actually have to tell them no until it's convenient not to. Then they get pregnant and go on maternity leave, in the fucking military.

Apparently you know nothing about the Red Army and their sniper women:

defensemedianetwork.com/stories/women-with-guns-the-red-army-female-snipers-of-world-war-ii/

>Hero of the Soviet Union Maj. Lyudmila M. Pavlichenko was the top-scoring woman sniper of all time, with 309 confirmed kills, of which 36 were enemy snipers.

Palindrome dubs checked

GK is a miniseried, not a movie.

Also, hamburger hill and apocalypse now redux.

*miniseries

Fucking phone typos

Kelly's Heroes
The Dirty Dozen

One of the best.

1944. It's an Estonian double movie, featuring both sides of the combat lines. See webm related.

Letters from Iwo Jima. Shamefur dispray.

The Dark Knight Rises

I've heard good things about this one - not seen it myself yet.

excellent film, user.

stop this fucking kino meme, it's retarded.

you only encourage him every time you acknowledge it.

i'm sorry user, but the fact that it still gets posted means i'm not doing enough.

one of the most valuable lessons you can learn in life is that most things are beyond your control.

do you really think telling the attention seeker to cease doing the activities that give him attention would ever work?

well, tracking him down and cutting his balls off would more than likely do that trick, but i don't have the finances to make such things happen, or i would.

I gotta agree. What a wonderful movie. I'm dying to know how Nolan pulled that movie off.

Then why arnt they snipers now?
haaretz.com/wwwMobileSite/israel-news/.premium-1.656935?v=7E959EB84082A6929F3CB5EA0A4131A3

goddamn it.

i'd be having so much fun running that course.

and that cunt has to go and fuck it up.

watching this is worse than the army ranger who used her rifle as a crutch.

I really like Three Kangs. Couldn't explicitly tell you what's great about it, but I found it funny. Thought it was cast well. Wish the slo-mo was done with a high-speed camera. Liked the cinematography and the characters.

WE

The next best thing is ignoring him though, so maybe you should just do that while you have your edgy fantasies about castrating autists.

Johnny Got His Gun

She is really out of shape. Something tells me this is from one of those shitty shows like Jerry Springer where they send delinquents to boot camp and tape them.

sorry, there's a lot of people that i'd simply like to erase, or cut off their means of production.

WEW

I assume you've got some evidence that discredits her kill score then?

the world is becoming engulfed in "truth"

Does she really count as the norm? Soviets were all crazy fucks.

I'll start taking you serious when you start acting serious. Implying that the Soviet Union's claims should be given the benefit of the doubt isn't serious. It is hilarious that you would demand that proof be supplied to falsify 70 year old soviet propaganda that was never independently sourced and has no proof outside of the Soviet state's claim.

the beast

he probably doesn't think they shot their own fleeing troops either