Lincoln

I've seen this movie at least 30 times, my ex made sure of that. I respect and admire Daniel Day Lewis very much - "There Will Be Blood" and "Gangs of New York" are among my absolute favorite movies so is There Will Be Blood

What I don't understand is how such a singular performance leads to so many nominations for best picture, etc. There is no doubt tht the american audience adores Lewis, but thats not the point in a historical documentary.

Where the fuck are all the detractors?

Meh, he wasn't even all that in it - tried too hard, seemed fake. In every scene all you notice is "Hey, look at DDL trying to encompass like 450 notes he had from the director".

i hated that movie after watching it fifty times in two weeks, so much, i fucking broke her dvd version in front of her face

that doesnt explain why she left me if she was really a student of history

You should have broken her face :^)

No. Most Americans have no idea who this effete Hollywood faggot is. And this movie is propaganda horseshit made by a Jew. Lincoln was an evil dictator who attacked Americans. John Wilkes Booth did nothing wrong.

Linken was black you whitey scum. DAS RIIITE.

well ok let me tell you then

he did excellently in 'there will be blood', he was fucking damned near unimpeachable in that role.

then there was 'gangs of new york' in which he was also pretty goddamned good when compared to chief obrien from star trek tng

he's a really good actor just accept it and shut up, i have a point to make

Did he dindu nuffin?

Bullshit, his performance in There Will Be Blood was some kind of ridiculous cartoon character. It might as well have been a Johnny Depp performance.

my point being that why doesnt anyone ever subject him to actual criticism? he's a great actor yeah i get it, so is robert downey jr in ironman 17

that was the role. he had no choice in that any more than the faggot from little miss sunshine had a choice.

they had to act as the writers told them to

You are a retard who doesn't understand how acting works.

then explain to me oh great and powerfl wizard, how is it that daniel day lewis consistently chooses award winning roles while his supporting staff contantly get shafted?

Fuck off, feddie. Preserving the union was neccessary and we let you keep hating nogs.

Jew tokens for good goys.

Here's a gold star 4u. You're a winner and everything you do is important and superior now.

So we can be a pozzed world empire servile to globalist Jews? Kill yourself my man.

Never gets old.

Rich coming from someone whose side was banking on frogs and britfags bailing their asses out.

never cared about watching this, same with Gatsby

murican culture is shit

come on for real the actual american revolution also depended on frogs being supportive

that's not what im asking about on Holla Forums

im asking why this bitch gets a free pass to stardom while ALL of his supporting actors get an appointment

And how's your Northern Puritan culture of forcing your morality on everyone else like a fussy middle aged woman who's husband stopped dicking her turned out? You like mandatory celebration of butt sex don't you? Now go back to your Obama altar and repent of your white privilege. You know Obama's favorite president is Lincoln.

We weren't banking on anything other than digging our heels in. Whatever help would come was accepted if it would.

Not surprised you've never read a book, bubba. You're shit side was losing bad with their trash equipment and soldiers so they wanted daddy Britain who loved that sweet cotton to bail them out. Surprise surprise, you started getting thrashed because you're shit and the brits and frogs left you to hang in your own noose.

I would not have said that quite so bluntly

Dog bless America. I'm so glad the North won. The world is a better place now.

panicky retards are exactly what the GOP needs right now

i am thoroughly enjoying this election cycle

if you think your quarter bernie meme is going to have any affect on the election, iwant you to tweet that shit

Don't feel so bad Jimbo. When the Happening goes down we can still use you guys as bulletcatchers and expendable fodder. You have already proven your aptitude at that. Just leave the the planning to your betters.

How's it feel to know that literally everything wrong with America and American culture comes from your half? It's not coincidental that all the kikes are in the north.

Northwest actually. Whitest part of the country by far. I fear all the mixing you lot have done with the niggers has enfeebled your already questionable mental faculties. The kike doesn't bother with you because there just anything worth subverting. The nogs will breed you into a complete mulatto state soon enough at this rate.

It's not coincidental all the nogs are in the south either. Plantation owners were the ones breeding with them. Northerners never bothered with that.

the word you are looking for is geography. geology is the study of rocks.

excuse me sir, I am currently under the influence of the liquid jew. I meant geographical.

The Civil War was totally over slavery guise xd

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it"
t. Lincoln

DDL is a shit actor. If you gotta go off and learn how to make shoes to get into your character, you are a shit actor.

Another example of an adaptation that completely misses the point of the source material. The book is a political fable about Lincoln and his former campaign rivals having to operate as a coherent government during a time of political and social upheaval and unrest.

The film is "muh slavery: the movie", guest starring guaranteed Oscar man.