Am I the only one that actually kinda enjoyed this movie?

Am I the only one that actually kinda enjoyed this movie?

I usually hate reboots and shit like that, but I think it's kind of neat that we get to know how the first movies happened.

Not to mention the series was already plagued with schlock since after the third (?) original movie, so it's not like it's ruining some important lore.

Is it just me?

you're not the only one who enjoyed it but you're probably the only one who held out hope for a reboot of the franchise

planet of the apes was so toxic even charleton heston, legendary slut for money, passed

I wasn't really hoping for a reboot, I just think it's neat that it happened

The first one was shit, still haven't seen this one. Heard it wasn't all that and nothing I've seen gives me any incentive to check it out myself.

The first one was okay at best.

I think you shoould give this one a shot, there's not much you need to know from the first one, as it basically explains how one ape becomes smarter and teaches others.

There's a few concepts that show that they cared at least a little bit, like the apes speaking sign language for most of the movie and forcing the audience to understand what they're saying by context since they decided not to have subtitles.

That's actually interesting. A big blockbuster that isn't pandering to the lowest common?

It's by no means high brow, but I'd say it's better than the usual shit

It was an okay planet of the apes film, not the best, not the worst.

But christ was it a solid hour too long.

Apes in forest on one side of golden gate, humans in ghetto on the other, tensions rise as they are forced to interact and bigots on either side start a war. That doesnt need half your afternoon to explain.

This franchise makes no sense, we already live on the planet of the apes. Why wasn't it planet of the lizards or something if they wanted the shock value.

First one:

A lab is working on a serum to cure alzheimer's. A scientist is personally motivated because his elderly father is a sufferer. They experiment on chimps, making them more intelligent. When the tests are discontinued, he takes a chimp home and continues the experiment in private.

The chimp is protective of his father. When he walks out and crashes a car into the neighbor's, the neighbor starts screaming at him, resulting in the chimp rushing out and biting off one of the neighbor's fingers. The chimp (Caesar) is put into a primate sanctuary which turns out to be crooked and slightly abusive of the apes. The top ape bullies and picks on Caesar. From there it becomes a really fun prison break movie, Caesar gradually earns the respect of the other apes, first befriending an Orangutan who used to work in a circus, then a gorilla. The gorilla was never allowed out of it's cage, Caesar frees it from it's captivity, and subsequently it becomes his friend. With the gorilla at his side, Caesar is quickly able to take control of all the other apes. He sneaks out, travels to the lab and acquires more of the serum that made him smarter and releases it on all the apes. Unfortunately, the serum also releases a deadly flu virus fatal to something like 93% of the human population.

The humans catch him as they're about to escape, when it swings to hit him, Caesar catches his baton and for the first time in the film speaks, saying simply "NOOOOOO!" which freaks the fuck out of the guy.

The army of apes has an armed conflict with police, but escape over the golden gate bridge into a forest to build their their own kingdom.

The second film is about an armed conflict between the apes and one of the last surviving human colonies. Neither side is all food or all bad, and the "villain" of the apes is sympathetic as he's covered with scars which he points out were all given to him by humans. The action is pretty entertaining, and the apes are just beautifully animated.

I thought I'd hate both films, but I didn't.

I wasn't asking for a summary you nigger and was talking about the franchise a s whole. Homo sapiens is a great ape, Earth is planet of the apes as it is.

First of all the original films supposed to end when they nuked the planet the apes were in, since it also killed the astronaut in the process, the 3rd and fourth is a really unnecessary (and probably cash-grab as well :DDD) addition to the franchise

Second it is a good movie, I mostly despise reboots (I'm looking at you Tim Burton reboot) but the second one is top notch and able to exceed the first film in everything, and it ends in a decent cliffhanger of what's to come the upcoming species war between the remaining humans and the intelligent apes

Pretty good sum up.

Eh, I never liked any of the Apes movies. Not the original, not the MarkyMark one, not the Gay Franko one. I don't get the appeal. I mean if I want to watch apes chimpout, I'll just observe the black community. If I want to watch apes pretend to be advanced, I'll just watch Hollywood depictions of black people.

Original was best.

GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME, YOU DAMN, DIRTY APE!

mandela effect strikes again

people held out for a reboot? i went into the theater seeing the reboots, expecting them to be dogshit, but was pleasantly surprised.

also, best fucking theater experience ever when i saw dotpota

obvious jewish anti-white propaganda, sage

Yes, you are alone.

It was fun. The CGI and performance capture were really good. It's too bad they picked a franchise literally nobody cares about to test it on.

it really pisses me off when people post on Holla Forums who are against fun

there is nothing wrong with these movies, they are just fun ways to waste a few hours in the middle of a hot summer day

Holla Forums needs a fucking enema

wrong webm

Best part of the movie IMO, everyone was speechless