What are some good Japanese or Chinese horror flicks...

What are some good Japanese or Chinese horror flicks? I have pretty much seen everything from America and Europe and figure I had better start looking towards foreign films. I know Hong Kong cinema is getting pretty god tier so I'm hoping they have some decent stuff to offer.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm1823283/?ref_=tt_ov_dr
midnighteye.com/reviews/pulse/
youtube.com/watch?v=wFNLiSk2lWI
youtube.com/watch?v=O4dHBXEmtWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's Ju-On, which is way better than the American shitfest version.

You should check Thai and Malay ghost movies too; they make pretty good scarefests.

Boku no Pico

Village of Eight Gravestones/Tombs

Not really horror but rather a spooky murder mystery. If you can find subtitles for it, let me know.

Horror is trash.

"over your dead body" is pretty good, if you can handle the special effects of Noroi that film is pretty good.

I really like a number of movies from Kôji Shiraishi

imdb.com/name/nm1823283/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Specifically, Noroi, Cult, and Occult

you can find some of these on YT by checking the japanese and english name of the movie's imdb page and searching it.

that's nice, dear.

J-Horror has almost nothing to do with "muh chainsaw" american stuff, it's often almost Lovecrafting in terms of a slow build

I want reddit to leave

Don't forget Marebito, its from the guy whom Directed Ju On the Grudge. but the screenwriter is from Texhnolyze and serial experiment lain plus other animes.

Go white knight RLM on Holla Forums some more.

fuck off dude.
J-horror is special because these films are either so fucked that you question how someone could come with it. Or its the same woooo ghost.

But some of them are really good.

OP asked for good movies, not turds.

I don't watch horror films, but I've heard from a few people that Hausu is supposed to be quite good.

Hausu is amazing.

Pulse (Kairo) was 2spooky.

midnighteye.com/reviews/pulse/

House is really strange. One of the strangest ever. It is horror but it's also a comedy and at times also melancholic, and everything is batshit weird.

It's also got a great soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=wFNLiSk2lWI
youtube.com/watch?v=O4dHBXEmtWE

"Untold Story" and "Ebola Syndrome" by Herman Lau

Not scary, but very entertaining for a low budget film.

How is that first picture related to horror, OP? That skeleton is just checking up on the samurai and his friend, worrying about them since one looks injured.

There where a Japanese horror movie that dealt with shinto hell if it was not Zen Buddhism hell.

I will try and find the name of the movie it was fascinating, it had the cult stuff with the hell suff, and it sent a message about why its bad to be in a cult, from hell.

Jigoku/ The Sinners of Hell 1960
a remake plus a 1999 remake also named Jigoku.

If you are into murder mysteries, OP, and don't mind anime, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It's a series of short murder mystery tales set in a small Japanese town, where the real answer is hidden among them.

It started out a visual novel, but I don't know which is better to enjoy.

I'd recommend the fuck out of Kwaidan.

It's more /film/ than Holla Forums though.

Rigor Mortis, but mostly because I like hopping vampire movies. The Mr. Vampire series are more comedy, but really fun, and it makes Rigor Mortis better knowing where the style comes from, I feel.

Try Gyo: fish attack, it is an anime but it is legit terrifying. The author does amazing body horror

here is Infection/kansen 2004

everything mentioned in this post is great

Here is the Marebito the full film.
Its eng subs, or I hope it is.

Noroi: the curse
full movie

Horror movies should use more parasitoids, these things are real and the way they work in nature is nothing short of a real life horror film.

The Japs would probably have done that before, if they have not done?
I've not seen Parasite Eve so, if it some parasite shit then maybe it will rock you socks off`? If not just read some Junji Ito, lets just say that dude is inventive in his horror, too bad that he is mainly a seinen manga artist so, almost no one will touch his work to do an anime or horror except for Uzumaki which was just a Manga teaser.

I fucking love that movie. Started reading the kinky ramblings of the paranoid schizophrenic Shaver because of it. It's hard to explain what's so good about it, it's just got a weird cozy isolated kinda feel as if it was made just to fuck with you, and you're the only one who's ever seen it.

Its a really good movie.

Its made to fuck with you, I mean literally it has allot of hints to what is really going on. But still the supernatural mystery is the hook of the film.

Also its a great cheap horror film. Hollyjew should learn a thing or two from the Japs and South Koreans.
I
will try and find more that's on jewtube and link em, if people find something it would be appreciated

Here is a South Korean one The Cat

Parasite Eve 1997

Neighbour No 13 2005

Full movie again, the quality is shit but the movie is really good. Its hard to come by this film on torrent sites for some reason.

It feels more like an adaption of a weird novel with a plot that's a metaphor for something more than horror. Great stuff.

Sounds like fun.

This has me interested. Are there any good horror kung fu movies?

here is the movie.

you are right it feels like a novel. At the same time its a novel with clues onto what is going on. A second watch will make you see more of the clues.

the first watch trough its just oddities with the whole mess of the movie.
The second watch trough the oddities gets clear, and the ending is still not satisfactory but again, I am not sure how they could have ended it without spilling the beans and told you.

I really like this movie since it does not think the audience is a bunch of retards that can't figure shit out.

I've not found a good copy of uzumaki, its also a weird and cool film but at this point its almost better to just read the manga.

Premonition 2004 by Tsuruta Norio
eng subs

bump

here is a hong kong action/horror film that I could think of.

Rigor Mortis 2014 directed by Juno Mak
Its the full movie.

the ring 1998 full movie with eng subs

also bump.

I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned this yet. Suicide Club is another alright watch. Hausu too if you like some fucktarded with your spooky.

Also, am I the only one who finds J-horror comfy viewing? Something about the contemplative pacing of these movies is very relaxing.

this

fuck you

I tried to find the full link movies to all of those films with eng subs.

But did not find any, also suicide club is haunting in a different way.

I read somewhere the pacing of Audition is intentionally slow. The director said he wanted it to be boring so the final scene shocks you that much more.

Yes, its slow one could mistake it with a romance drama if one would not know whom directed the movie.

takashi miike has a weird style with his films, some of them are super shock value with just semen and blood, the others are slow and then you have the black comedy that always wins my heart.

If you are in murica buy Over Your Dead Body, its really good. Its almost like he found his old identity again.
I'm not sure if "As the Gods Will (2014)" has come or not, but that's also a great movie.

CANIDDAAAAAAA