River Monsters

Hey Holla Forums, Anyone here watch river monsters?

I just watched the Death Down under episode and being an Australian i lost my shit

I thought they were joking when they said tourists and foreigners kept getting killed by the wildlife

Take from what i saw in This episode

Now he tries to catch a groper

He then Starts playing with Stonefish
>almost get lethally poisoned in the worst place except its not because your face isn't your dick

Then He goes and does it again

Are all you faggots overseas this retarded?
also do you like the series?

posting because it has the word river in it
Also happens to coincide with what australian rivers look like when freshly visited by tourists
Reposting this from 4cuck thread because couldn't make threads here before
My browser was being a cunt

You faggots started this retard arms race.

The actual fishing parts are pretty cool, but the whole fake "investigation" shtick is annoying. And it takes most of the show.

I've only seen one or two episodes, decided it was shit when he foul-hooked the channel catfish in vietnam and decided to fuck with it anyway (a foul hooked fish can die easily from lactic acid buildup after a long fight, dicking around with it for the camera after landing it is a death sentence)

This
I absolutely hate the episodes like Deadly superstitions
I much prefer him having a single target rather than gathering old footage and mixing it together

Wasn't suicidal, that stingray was out for blood
How was anyone supposed to know it had heart seeking targeting

He does that alot
Although to be fair that was just his ignorance
There was that time he pissed off an entire african tribe by nit giving him his fish (i believe it was a sting ray)
I would have been worried about being clubbed in the back of the head if i was him

by not giving them his fish
fuck me

There was another episode where he caught a Goliath tiger fish, but it was dying, so he gave it to an African tribe for food.

Jeremy Wade's pretty badass. He sort of nonchalantly describes "I'm in a bit of danger here." And then goes to catch his fish anyway

Its literally about a man being both suicidal and retarded whilst trying to catch fish

>>>/oven/

What was that monstrosity he caught that they even put it on the news?

Dunno mate
but there was that time he caught a new subspecies of arrihyma thats not how you spell it

Ok it was actually arapaima
Not sure if thats the one you're referring to, due to it not being the largest thing hes caught although it was huge

Could you be referring to an alligator gar, that massive goonch, that bullshark or that goliath tiger fish its not the goliath Tiger fish because african tribes cant into the printing press

there were also the giant cat fishes he caught like the one in mekong or that shitty indian river one

I don't remember already, but it was something hideous and toothy

does it look like the fish in Op pick

Me and a cunt have a running joke that every episode is cat fish

My family and I have that too, because typically it is some form of catfish

Oh no a fish died

You must be joking cunt, straya is known for that everything is out to kill you

Jeremy Wade is badass. Guy speaks like 20 different languages, and sure as hell is a good angler

I liked the show until they turned up the drama a bit too much.

This user has it right, Jeremy is a legend.

I think he pretty much deserves the title.

Can he play the new James Bond?

Nah, he's too white. He'll play the first Bond villain in history who can legitimately say he's got killer catfish and man-eating electric stingrays ready to kill him with.

Here's another Englishman who's survived a plane crash.

feels bad

I kinda wanna see this, especially given how they're throwing common sense to the wind and going down the Austin Powers route anyway.

fuck you man stingrays are not violent they're actually really cool and nice once you get to know them

stingrays would never attack someone unprovoked

Did you even watch River Monsters, half the stingrays he finds are aggressive as fuck and the other half are covered in poison
Not to mention they all had venomous spines except for the shockpedo
The shock-ray is a man killer that attacks unprovoked all the time

also pic shown is the fish that he had to give up or the entire village would have been out for his blood

Alse i would like to mention that he would've rather let the possible man-eating fish go than give to the starving africans
It took him so long to decide that the fish ended up dying from asphyxiation while he was holding it
Thats why he gave it to the africans

That indecision on his face was so god damn hilarious

He literally states, "I want to take the fish back to the village…., buuuut i want to let it go even more"

then he lets it go to see if its still alive it wasnt

The fish died because it hurt itself in the fight.

That happens all the time with large fish on light tackle, it's why I don't like this show very much. Everything this man catches he brings to the edge of death and nobody but poor starving africans would eat a 300 pound catfish, the meat is way too tough. It's a waste of a breeding animal that is showcased on the show for the very reason that they are so rare

No, I don't watch whatever dumbass TV show full of apperantly third world niggers you're watching, but I do actually go scuba diving on a fairly frequent basis.

Sting Rays are about the least threatening sea creatures out there.

no it doesn't you faggot

I've never, ever, ever seen one act even remotely aggressively, nor do I know anybody that has. Looking it up, sting rays just about never kill anybody with the one notable exception. They're as dangerous as a fucking housecat, though even that's probably killed more people.

ignore the troll in

but rays are a bit more agressive on the beach, to be sure. they are the only animal i have seen beach themselves attempting to attack an ankle.

jellyfish get washed ashore in droves sometimes due to tides, but rays are pretty aggressive in the shallows.

It really depends on what kind of stingray you are dealing with, the one that killed steve was an agressive species. The fact he died was because he was misinformed as to what kind of stingray he would be diving with.

That sounds exactly like something a ray would say…

pisses me off, as an actual fisherman. this guy has a fucking doctorate in biology why is he such a retarded anti-conservationist cunt

Lampreys are fucking scary the first time you find them attached to your skin, though.

Biology barely makes it into the hard sciences

it doesnt even matter, when viewed from the perspective of a sportsman he's a douchebag too

this fucking guy. he fishes for the biggest freshwater fish alive using the lightest tackle possible. he is in essence killing every goddamned thing he catches. is that the action of a sportsman? no

is that the action of a philanthropist?
no

he is literally destroying the breeding beds of the fish he wants to film

he's a fucking cunt

Perhaps the fish like to be caught using the lightest tackle possible?

theres another guy, not robson green that has an extreme fishing show where he jumped out of a helicopter onto a marlin and wrestled it

i realize you're going for funny but it kills the crab

i pay almost 1000 dollars a year to various orgs not just for the right to hunt but for the right to watch nature unfold. this guy is a fucking idiot, dismantling all of that shit for a fish he wont even eat because he's not a poor nigger starving for protein

Is this real life?
How did they get the camera man next to a sword fish in order to catch it in time?
Marlins move extremely fast, i dont know how they can catch it on camera just at the right moment the gun jumped and landed on it
Although it might be possible if they had set bait up before hand…

"OK"

fucking douchebags all of them

movie magic

Sounds like a fun game.

this is, no joke, me, dad and my brother

Same here
Just tried to count them
~37 episodes he has caught a catfish, out of 54
However that doesn't count how many catfish he catches per episode, which in some he's caught more than 4

he's even had a special all about fucking catfishes

LEAVE IRWIN ALONE!

get the 2007 version the 2010 version is shit.

Who gives a shit you dirty hippie cunt

Serve it up on the grill.

6/10

Does that mean that if you play as a girl, 4 out of 5 times, you're gonna get raped?

He did his best tho

large fish like wade goes for are epic breeding stock, losing one is a huge loss to the actual species.

if you were a sportsman you would know that.

half the time he's catching bullsharks or catfish
not prime breeding stock

What were the odds of him getting pierced by it as he jumped?

HOL UP
R U SAYIN
STINGGAYS DINDU NUFFIN?

[LIP SMACKING INTENSIFIES]

Just stop being such a whiny faggot