RIP video game movies?

rottentomatoes.com/m/ratchet_and_clank/
Will there ever be a well-received video game movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

flickfilosopher.com/2016/04/ratchet-clank-movie-review-wretched-and-junk.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What does this have to do with anything if the movie is shit for normies, just like the games it's based on?

>>>/oven/

There are. It just isn't made by Hollywood.

Sony forgot to pay the critics.

i feel like the upcoming WoW movie is gonna be received well despite how much lore rape and poorly done cgi mixing there will be

Does the movie have SJWism, a wise-cracking protagonist or fucktons of nostalgia? If no, them it will receive poor reviews.

I have a feeling the opposite will happen but for the same reasons. people won't see it because it actually sucks, but because they don't care about Warcraft anymore. or rather there's not much of a reason to pretend to care about it, not that the majority of them ever liked it to begin with.

They fucked up from the start. Nobody wants to see shitty kids movies with anthro animals except kids and furries.

The main difference is "le racism".

But how?

it's Disney.

So?

It gets even worse.

Much worse.

But Dheepan is so progressive :^)

MUCH
WORSE

Nigga I knew Rottentomatoes is corrupt but not to this point

The entire TV section reeks of shilling.

Are you implying Disney buys critics, user?

Disney is an expert at making people love its shit.

Who said that? Are they kidding? This Dreamworks garbage has nothing to do with the original Ratchet and Clank. I seriously doubt that Ratchet is an ass who just wants to get off his planet, shoot big guns, and get money and fame. Or that the humor is anything but complete trash instead of actually being funny.

Maybe there comparing to the "remake" that just came out, but that's stupid because that game is anything but faithful to the original.

Wonder what will happen to the Sly movie. Although that series has essentially been a cartoon in video game format since 2.

Ratchet & Clank jokes aren't funny at all.

How? I can see them paying critics and youtubers but how they "make" everyone else love their shit?

Their brand helps. Everyone expects something from Disney, such as their animated movies or maybe their marvel movies, to be good. Of course Disney cannot truly make people love them, but by a combination of getting bombarded by people who do and being surrounded by their products, people tend to like Disney.

RIP implies they were ever anything other than shit.

Oh and Postal. There's also some that are less faithful to the source materiel that didn't do horribly.

R&C games are great.

it has orcs

orcs are the niggers of fantasy, everyone knows this.

it also has a female orc, so that's like a jungle bunny.

guaranteed to be poc trash.

warcraft was never that good to begin with, the mmo was also complete ass and the only good thing to come out of it are the cinematics and soundtracks.

RT is the new IMDb

GOD DAMN IT SATAN, YOU DID IT AGAIN

postal only gets a pass because of how edgy it is

Based on trailers, it doesn't have Dwarves and humans ride Griffins, so take from that what you will.

Ratchet is (was) essentially a space redneck. Both the film and new videogame made the mistake of turning him into a teenager dreaming of adventures and stuff like that.

at least it has orcs who dindu nuffin

that oughta please the BLM crowd

Am I supposed to find this appealing?

Sounds ok.

No wonder people are rating it bad, it's SEXIST!
flickfilosopher.com/2016/04/ratchet-clank-movie-review-wretched-and-junk.html

Video game movies, however, are not and that's what the OP is saying 'RIP' to.

Neither the film or the game are good purely because of the edgyness though. Both are good because they have substance under that edge. Postal (the film) has a fair bit of satire of things like religion in there for example.

RT is just a review aggregator.

Wreck-it Ralph is the only good video game movie

No.

Also if this movie breaks records, it will show that critics are absolutely fucking shit and the audience was right. Everything Hollywood knew bout video game movies will be wrong and we were right. We defy the system!

Jewny Sony can burn in hell for all I care

nope

They basically changed his character's origins and motivation. He never wanted to be a hero or explore the galaxy, he was forced by the circumstances. He wanted revenge against Qwark for trying to kill him on Umbris and after that the events unfolded.

2002 Ratchet was a dick. It wasn't until he learned about Drek's Deplanetizer that he actually embraced Clank's cause to save the galaxy.

This.

Also pics-related.

Even in R&C2-4 Ratchet still wants to blow shit up and have fun. His opening scene of Going Commando is a great demonstration of this, as well as a great contrast to the events of the first game. Ratchet is eager to go around the galaxy destroying shit for Megacorp while Clank doesn't care because there isn't any real goal to accomplish and just would rather just relax.

LIFE IS MEANINGLESS

Maybe the writers wanted to give him better motivations than DUDE GUNS LMAO

Also Going Commando is boring.

>>>/suicide/

Lol. It's one of the worst. Your nostalgia is lying to you.

Up Your Arsenal and all PS3 games are better.

I hope this shit dies in its cradle. Last thing we need is this and capeshit happening at the same time.

lol are you implying I'm samefagging?

resident evil………….you're fucking joking right?

I enjoyed the first two very much actually. I'm not sure why you wouldn't like it, unless you saw it long after it came out after you'd already been jaded by a plethora of shit movies since then.

so did anyone watch it today.
cause I am going to watch it tomorrow

Best of goys right here.

well i don't wanna sit around the house on my birthday and the trailer seem to put the movie in a good light

Nigga that's the best one. All the first three are right up there with each other.

Although, I will say, it was always the gameplay that I loved about the series, not the characters or plots, even though they were perfectly fine and served the games well. I just doubt I'd have nearly as much fun just watching the cinematics.

i really liked the AA movie, see nothing wrong in it

It's hard to get worse than the Postal games, which are fucking garbage relying on shock value "humor"when the devs are so incompetent they make a "new game" on the same shitty build of Unreal Engine 2.

All the games are terrible faggots, they're childrens' games with edgy double entendre names made by furries.

Fuck Rotten Tomatoes. Fuck the critics.

Fuck Insomniac's shitty games.

I miss orcs being dirty slavs/chinks tbh fam

Yes, by doing the following:

What made Ratchet and Clank for me was that Ratchet and his arsenal had a very low tech look to it, to contrast the more high tech, yet still pre-digital/tangible lasers design of the sets and surroundings.

Seeing as the plot of the first game was about a rouge and a mal-formed enemy mook sabotaging the big bads scheme where the famous and glorious hero, Captain Qwark failed to, this contrast of low and hi-tech was a good fit.

It was a cain and abel story.

Also, I dont think R&C work as part of a bigger team. We saw this in R&C 3, and the two ended up doing most of the work, with the rest just being mission control, or incompetent, and moslt unfunny comic relief.

Having R&C work with compotent fighters 3 times their size, as they appear to in this film, make the the two protagonists seem redundant.

Tl;Dr
This movie looks like a shitty dreamworks/Pixar knockoff film made for the ps3 era R&C fags. It's plot and conflict appears weak, as does it's characters.

I unironically enjoy this movie. I think it's fucking great.

Because it's a 3d movie so it has to be made bland and shit. Just live every other 3d movie. As has just pointed out.

Fuck your shit taste. I bet you loved the Lara Croft movies.

This definitely.

Top wew, I take it you're a fan of games made for kids and furries. Which group are you?

Sure it relies heavily on the humour but there's a reasonably competent game underneath it, slightly wonky combat aside. Hilariously it's more interactive and open to player choice than many modern AAA rpgs…

funny how it seems like everyone who has touched the series doesn't seem to understand why his fucking name is Ratchet, but I guess I can't expect white-collar faggots who weigh less than their office desks to know anything about hand tools.