Amazon Gear

So they just put this up on Amazon.

How badly will BBC miss the mark with Cuckgear?

Other urls found in this thread:

standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/top-gear-trailer-slammed-by-viewers-a3219306.html
archive.is/JcYAm
change.org/p/jeff-bezos-amazon-fire-transphobic-jeremy-clarkson
web.archive.org/web/20160414115807/http://www.theweek.co.uk/jeremy-clarkson/62887/jeremy-clarkson-ex-top-gear-host-to-spearhead-amazons-pay-tv-attack
archive.is/gCaPL
archive.is/rg8ZU
youtu.be/V9AJi_FcfE0?t=65
archive.is/x7Den
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anybody who looks for something remotely like Top Gear from cuckgear is going to be extremely disappointed, so I'd say they're going to miss the mark as much as humanly possible

kek

Cuckgear doesn't stand a chance.

if amazon goes with just 3 british blokes on road with weird/used cars they will crush the cuckgear

like I dont give a fuck about supercars I like Topgear for that banter and comedy adventures

Hard to think of the last time I was so giddy about the coming of a TV show.

>standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/top-gear-trailer-slammed-by-viewers-a3219306.html
Going by the article, they've already missed the mark by 38,000 dislikes

This.

I don't give a fuck how much of it is scripted. You can usually tell the parts that aren't from the parts that are anyway.

I'm not a fan of wrestling, but I imagine it's the same sort of thing there. Yes, I do know a lot of it is fake, and no, I don't care.

I miss the lads. I'm genuinely looking forward to this.

Meanwhile amazon gear already has 10,000 likes and only 50 dislikes.

They should name the Amazon show "Top Kek"

René Magritte is that you?

They would need to have a separate name for Turkey then.

Top Kebab?

Some more news about JUST Gear. Apparently the BBC signed a deal with Netflex to combat the show with no name on Amazon.

archive.is/JcYAm

Oh and James May suggested that Cuck Evans is creating controversy so people will get interested in their trainwreck.

Current Gear?

JUST

FUCK

Sounds a lot like CURRENT YEAR

MY GEAR

If they hired him, why did they get Evans? Just make it about a retarded American doing American things to Brits. Don't even call it Top Gear. This would have succeeded.

UP

There is a petition to remove Clarkson from Amazon Gear. Who the fuck would be sad enough and pathetic enough to do this? Oh wait Reddit

change.org/p/jeff-bezos-amazon-fire-transphobic-jeremy-clarkson

It gets better.

The BBC have been losing tens of thousands of licenese fee payers over their shoddy and poorly researched reporting, SJW/lefty bias, cowardice (won't go against the government or established) and London-centric content. They've desperately tried to claim it's just people using Netflix/iplayer instead but that's crap and everyone knows it.

This is relevant to TG because TG earns them millions worldwide. Without it they're fucked and they're already shutting down a tv channel to save some cash.

Unsurprisingly people like to watch silly British men acting like children in their former colonies but you have to be able to sincerely pull of 'I'm offensive because I'm a little bit thick' to sell that. The beeb can only see Clarkson as some sort of super-racist old white man who uses only shock value (why else would people want an old white man?) so they've been pushing that with their new show.

I've been considering dumping Netflix anyway and now that they're cracking down on VPNs I see no reason not to.

Is Amazon any better or should I just go back to pirating? I'm willing to pay a fair price for a good library (as Netflix used to be) but if companies won't give me that they don't deserve any of my money.

Amazon actually are trying to aggressively push their service and crash pay-tv with no survivors, so it may become a good deal.

web.archive.org/web/20160414115807/http://www.theweek.co.uk/jeremy-clarkson/62887/jeremy-clarkson-ex-top-gear-host-to-spearhead-amazons-pay-tv-attack

no archive.is cause it's fucked for me at the moment

Because that's a sensible idea and the BBC don't have those.

Its alright. Has some films Netflix doesn't. I remember there being a lot of Bergmann films on there for instance.

It is a good deal if you online shop a lot as Prime gets you discounts and such.

For me though, it wasn't really worth it.

Fact is their business model is incredibly outdated. It might have made sense back when we only had three/four channels on terrestrial TV but now that people don't have to watch the BBC if they don't want to, it seems ridiculous to force people to pay for it.

I thought you had to pay those fees otherwise jail time or something

I think they're easing up on jail time as punishment for not paying your TV licence. In theory they can jail you but they often don't.

It's extortion either way.

Only if you watch colour broadcast TV connected to an aerial, radio is exempt also though it is funded by the same money. Live TV from iplayer (their website) also counts but not if watched after broadcast though they're trying to change that law.

They also have no powers to enforce it unless you're dumb enough to let them inside your house while your TV is on if they knock on your door. They are not allowed to force entry.

I'm reasonably sure it's only a fine too. Certainly it's only a civil offence not a criminal one and they aren't technically a government organisation.

There is, in essence, no way to enforce it. Before TV went digital they could try and use scanners to see if people's aerials were active but again that's circumstantial evidence at best if you don't let them inside.

The original idea was not really to fund the channels as much as keep the BBC independent of the government who can't, on paper, directly cut funding to them or force them to say certain things/hire certain people. This changed after the Iraq War/Gulf War 2 when the BBC pointed out the lies and politically motivated assassinations of the government who called a biased inquiry (Hutton Inquiry, look it up) and fired anyone who had the bollocks to think freely or speak up. They also worked out they could freeze the license fee (goes up with inflation) and control their budget that way.

Technically they're supposed to provide quality programming for all parts of society too but they focus only on what sells to plebs (their history/educational content is a joke) mostly sports and reality tv. Radio 4 is maybe the one thing the BBC does that isn't wall-to-wall shit while things like Top Gear were actually outsourced to a production company that wasn't incompetent. The BBC Charter covers the obligations of the BBC and it's basically toilet paper nowadays.

Now on top of all this firing/excluding free-thinkers has led to the BBC being run by SJWs, left Gruniad types (in American speak 'Liberals') as, obviously, they will happily follow the establishment line while thinking they're some sort of edgy activist. It also resulted in a distinct bias towards London/the South East and the three mainstream political parties.

Those on both sides of the Scottish referendum saw their sheer incompetence and Scotland, at least, has seen widespread abandonment of the license fee. England is doing the same thing as a result of their coverage of UKIP and the EU.

A final result of all this is that the BBC is funded directly by the EU and, suspiciously, is highly biased towards it despite this again being a direct contradiction of the Charter. This funding was hidden as 'money for the arts' or similar but you can find out about it if you go dig around.

tl;dr people were happy to fund the original idea of an indepdent broadcaster, they aren't happy at a hidden tax for government propaganda, incompetent journalism and SJW pandering.

Sorry for the rant by the way but they've also done things like Question Time which is notorious for filling the audiences up with only people that will ask the 'right' questions.

They have even shipped in audiences from London to places like Yorkshire and Scotland instead of locals. One notable incident had them have a labour councillor ask a labour politician a question for fucks sake.

I was also unfair to claim Radio 4 is their only worthwhile program as Daily Politics is pretty good largely because of Andrew Neil. It's worth watching it for the entertainment of politicians trying to debate with facts rather than emotion if nothing else.

Thanks anons.

This triggers me. It's fine if you don't want to hear from the lower-class racist peasant whites but don't act like you do.

kek, how did that go down? Did anyone say "hang on a second" or did nobody care?

Only the 'radicals' reported it so it was ignored. Hell even Holla Forums has been taught to hate Scottish and Welsh nationalism despite both really hating WM rather then English people. It's pushed as England v Scotland rather than Britain v London as it really is.

It's only applicable if you own a television. A monitor or projector doesn't count. Even then, it's bollocks, because the TV rule is from the analogue days where anyone with a CRT could stick a coat hanger into the back and watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel4.
Nowadays, broadcasts are digital, so if I buy an LCD television with the intent of only using streaming services/blu-rays, or hooking it up to my PC, paying a licence fee for something I literally have no way to watch is a nonsense.

Real raifu coming through.

Get your shit together user.

For a second I thought they were actually going to call it Car Shit.

Fake FAL

I don't see no Rhodesian's man cum on it! or your's for that matter!

Rhodesians never die

Not my photo user just grabbed it from google.

Only real men would fight communism in shorts.

I feel bad for Matt. He seems like the only genuine one there.

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

poor little white goys

You mean "people", right?

ay lmao normies

So I am having to pay a tv tax to the BBCuck for them to sell a show I want to watch to Netflex and for me to buy a Netflex subscription on top of that?

It's like they are trying everything they can to promote Amazon Gear.

TOXIC MASCULINITY IS KEEPING TRANSGENDER WOMEN OUT OF CAR CULTURE

Sad that old TopGear was the last bastion of old BBC out there?

Cause it started before Labour cucked the BBC for calling them out for being liars about the Iraq war, they didn't end up replaced as they were too big to replace. So you end up with ironically Clarkson, May and Hammond being the last of the true BBC yet to go who were fully prepared to call the Government out and were also for the most part actually very unbiased.

Do you think their first special will be on Amazon river? Seems very Clarkson.

Niggers, I'm in a classroom, stop making chuckle.

Did that autist finally give up?

capeshit guy also left

The truth always makes people laugh.

Torrent that shit nigger
or just watchseries dot to if you don't have the HD space.

archive.is/gCaPL

Is nothing sacred?

Sounds about right

When's amazon gear out?

August I think.

Jackson should move to Yankland and make a Top Gun show to be frank.

Who's Jackson?

This guy, obviously

So wonder if they are going to replace the entire Top Gear cast with the cast of Friends?

BBC is finished

Or perhaps he's referring to this BAMF from The Professionals

i dunno

they know their audience.

He's dead, though

archive.is/rg8ZU

This is getting pathetic. They're trying to play up all of Clarkson's perceived negative traits like that's why people cared about the show.

To be fair Chris Evans ego is THAT big.

youtu.be/V9AJi_FcfE0?t=65

archive.is/x7Den

Even the Telegraph is lampooning Evans at this point.

Why is this such a wonderful comparison?

wew

"So called Islamic State"

The BBC makes no such qualification for anyone else. Imagine them saying "the so called Conservative/Liberal/Labour Party" or "so called fundamentalist Christians/Hindu nationalists"