Daily News Thread 11/30

White House Weighs Replacing Tillerson With CIA Chief

The White House is discussing whether to replace Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, two White House officials said.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-30/white-house-is-said-to-weigh-replacing-tillerson-with-cia-chief

North Korea: US urges all nations to cut ties

The US has urged all nations to cut diplomatic and trade ties with North Korea after the country's latest ballistic missile test.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-42176042

North Korea: Russia accuses US of goading Kim Jong-un

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has accused the US of seeking to provoke North Korea into stepping up its nuclear missile programme.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-42179221

EU says needs concrete evidence from Turkey to deem Gulen network as terrorist

The European Union does not share Turkey’s view that the network of U.S.-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen is a terrorist organization and would need to see “substantive” evidence to change its stance, the EU’s counter-terrorism coordinator said.
reuters.com/article/us-eu-turkey-security/eu-says-needs-concrete-evidence-from-turkey-to-deem-gulen-network-as-terrorist-idUSKBN1DU0DX

Turkish gold trader implicates Erdogan in Iran money laundering

A Turkish-Iranian gold trader on Thursday told jurors in a federal court in New York that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan personally authorized a transaction on behalf of Iran.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-turkey-zarrab/turkish-gold-trader-implicates-erdogan-in-iran-money-laundering-idUSKBN1DU23B

John McCain says he will support the GOP tax bill, giving the plan an enormous boost

Republican John McCain of Arizona said in a statement Thursday that he’s decided to support the Senate tax bill – helping GOP leaders get one step closer to passing their overhaul.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-30/republicans-grapple-over-trigger-provision-tax-debate-update

More Venezuelan Oil Company Officials Arrested for Corruption

The attorney general said that Interpol has placed the search and arrest of other executives complicit in the corruption and embezzlement ring on "red alert."
telesurtv.net/english/news/More-Venezuelan-Oil-Company-Officials-Arrested-for-Corruption-20171130-0006.html

Protesters barricade streets and clash with police in Honduras over disputed presidential election

Protesters have barricaded streets and clashed with police in Honduras following a presidential election that has produced no clear results after four days.
ibtimes.co.uk/protesters-barricade-streets-clash-police-honduras-over-disputed-presidential-election-1649675

Brit fighting Isis in Syria killed while clearing mines

Ollie Hall was killed in an explosion in Raqqa on Saturday (25 November), where he is believed to have been clearing mines with the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG).
ibtimes.co.uk/brit-fighting-isis-syria-killed-while-clearing-mines-1649578

American Air Accidentally Gave Too Many Pilots Christmas Off

American Airlines Group Inc. is rushing to resolve a scheduling fault that gave time off to too many pilots in December – a flaw that has left more than 15,000 flights without enough crew during the holiday rush, according to a union for the carrier’s pilots.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/american-air-lacks-pilots-for-some-december-flights-on-it-flaw

Study finds dogs are brainier than cats

There’s a new twist to the perennial argument about which is smarter, cats or dogs.
news.vanderbilt.edu/2017/11/29/grumpy-cat-study-dogs/

Other urls found in this thread:

counterpunch.org/2017/11/30/james-okeefe-versus-the-cardinal-rule-of-gotcha-journalism-2/
c4ss.org/content/50208
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/11/web-began-dying-2014-heres.html
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/11/life-after-coal.html
telesurtv.net/english/news/Trudeau-Apologizes-Canadian-Government-To-Pay-Gay-Purge-Victims-85m-20171129-0006.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God, Kim and Trunp need to stop blueballing me already and toss some missiles around.

Sorry, I mean Donald Turnip

zizek was finally vindicated

OP/ED

James O’Keefe versus the Cardinal Rule of “Gotcha” Journalism

counterpunch.org/2017/11/30/james-okeefe-versus-the-cardinal-rule-of-gotcha-journalism-2/

Campus Speech and Anti-Fascism

c4ss.org/content/50208

The Web Began Dying in 2014 – Here’s How

The Internet has changed considerably since 2014, and not in a good way.
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/11/web-began-dying-2014-heres.html

Life After Coal

In Germany’s Appalachia, the last coal mine is closing.
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/11/life-after-coal.html

This'll end well I'm sure

Remember when people were pushing Trump as the anti war candidate? I still cannot believe people were, just that fucking clueless and naive that he wouldn't dive head first into the military industrial complex's warm embrace. I mean I'm not saying Clinton was better, fuck her completely, but that people were saying "Trump wouldn't want a war" was just fucking ridiculous

Whoever those people were who posted here really need to feel embarrassed right about now

He's literally a member of the bourgeoisie, of course you wouldn't see it coming if you deliberately ignore class for ideological reasons.

Go to any Tump meme page on Spybook and they all find the prospect of killing millions hilarious and good.

Guess what's not going to happen.

tybna2.0

GODSPEED YOU! BLACK NEWSANON

Rest in power comrade

Dow closed at 24,000, the highest ever.
Hang onto your butts buckos, market correction incoming

I'm not sure what's worse, the white nationalists that ignore bourgeoisie interest or the pro-war rural proles that go along with bourgeoisie interest because they think it's in their own interest.

kek

I doubt it.

John just fucking die already you ghostly piece of shit made of ham

The overlap is large

I dunno, bitcoin's absurd pricing seems like a bubble gearing to burst

same with tech and housing

Well no shit, how did he come to that conclusion

Don't worry. I'm sure he's going to retire next year, along with a whole bunch of other Republican congressmen.

They're going to drop this bomb on us and bail.

The number of leftists who let themselves get duped by that very idea is embarrassing.

telesurtv.net/english/news/Trudeau-Apologizes-Canadian-Government-To-Pay-Gay-Purge-Victims-85m-20171129-0006.html

Canada is a fucking joke

Sure, Trump broke his promise and started a war. Okay, so I'm blind now because of the flash, and the radiation is making my skin slough off. Fine, it's not so great with the raiders and super mutants stealing my gasoline, raping my children, wife and myself, and tipping over my brahmin.

But at least I triggered the fuck out of those libcucks XDDD

I don't actually see what's wrong with this. Trudeau is a dumb piece of neoliberal shit but this is the correction of a specific wrong. People forget that dishonourable/medical discharge is tantamount to having a criminal record

Remember when people believed Trump would chose the best people for his staff?

God, please, why can't I just have my one fucking refuge from this capitalist shitheap life I live?

NO. THERE IS NO RESPITE FOR YOU. ONLY HORROR AND PAIN.