Looking for Reading Recommendations

I've been reading a lot of Marx lately, and frankly I've gotten fatigue. What else should I be reading? I want to read some 20th century philosophers like Lukacs and maybe the Frankfurt School, but I'm not really sure where to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/reference/archive/althusser/1970/ideology.htm
kokkinogati.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/philosophy-of-the-encounter.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

READ.
POL.
POT.

Fuck that google bookchin

Read Gaddafi

read chomsky

Google Bookchin

Read Laclau and Mouffe.

Reading more theory wont help the fatigue

read motorcycle diaries, or my disillusionment in russia, or just straight fiction or fantasy until you have evergy again

Odd that Shakespeare never gets mentioned here.

His theory is a mess.

Shit that could be read on a future date:

Lukács
Adorno
Georges Bataille (one of my favourites)
Nikos Poulantzas (he's an Althusserian with some decent essays on social class and stuff)
Cornelius Castoriadis (not a fan but whatevs)
Negri
Badiou

Read Li Tso-p'eng and Lin Biao

Read revolution betrayed

Imagine something that can be taken in more than one way, something that isn't the literary equivalent of a stick figure drawing, messy, yikes..

Idealist bullshit.

The idea that the world can be captured in clean, one-dimensional axioms is idealism, since it works from the assumption that there is no lacking in our language and ideas.

Read Stalin

Read Baudrillard and Althusser. For the Frankfurt School I've heard Dialectic of Enlightenment is the definitive work. All this might be fatigue producing though. Perhaps a light read like Zizek's Violence is more what you'd want.

Read The Ignorant Schoolmaster. It's an easy read, an intellectual adventure, it will refresh you but you will also learn important lessons.

Read anything what you want, but not the frankfurt school.

t. Jazz musician

Jazz is working class and always has been.

If you're sick of theory read for fun, general learning. I got sick of trying to understand Hegel so I'm reading the Canterbury Tales. has the right idea. But when you want to get back in to theory read Lacan.

War is a Racket.

Read Althusser.

Read Althusser
marxists.org/reference/archive/althusser/1970/ideology.htm
kokkinogati.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/philosophy-of-the-encounter.pdf

Google Kierkegaard

Start with the greeks.

heh, nice try.

Expand your horizons? Marx is good, but a lot of people expanded out of his thought pretty nicely. Some that I quite enjoy if you want diversity. Adorno's "Aethetic Theory" is good if you like art, Debord's "Society of the Spectacle" is arguably what started my shift to communism, and Lenin's "The State and Revolution" was pretty good, even if I disagree with him. From my own little corner, if you care to try it, Bordiga's "The Doctrine of the Body Possessed By the Devil" and Pannekoek's "Workers' Councils".