Is the "free market of ideas" meme finally over?

Is the "free market of ideas" meme finally over?

youtube.com/watch?v=ptfQF425dws

Imagine being the Koch brothers and actually paying money for this

jesus christ. what a pathetic, limp-wristed post this was.

wtf I love Koch propaganda now

My name is Dave Joshua Rubin, centrist of centrists:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the center
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

fucking gay

Isn't that basically dialectical idealism? You see that dying any moment now?

Im not even impressed that it turned out to be shit fest of both of them trowing insults at each other.

Goddamn, Dave.

Just Koch my shit up

tbh that is what they are tho

She was way hotter like this than she is now with her post-op suburban preppy girl look.

Chaser please go.

Zero scrutiny, criticism, or moderation is what Dave Rubin considers 'free speech'. This is the fruit of your freeze peach.

Red Pill Black

who is this semen demon

There is nothing inherently wrong with debating someone even if they have ridiculous ideas, but that doesn't mean you should bother with everyone because some people really do have ridiculous ideas that anyone can see is bullshit.

I see someone else here lurks /lgbt/?

Blaire White pre hormones

People talking to each other without a moderator, how scary.

Yeah. There was such a diverse range of opinions on that episode. Good thing Rubin was there to ask the tough questions.

It was a free marketplace where the best ideas rose to the top.

Lol. I fell asleep listening to podcasts yesterday, and woke up later in the middle of this argument.

I kind of feel like a dumbass for giving Rubin credit when he first started and I was slowly beginning to drift more authentically Left. At first I thought it might be an interesting platform to hear more viewpoints from non-traditional media figures but it was just one right-wing shithead/skeptic after another with an occasional center-left/center Lib in there to keep the illusion that he wasn't playing to a very particular market.

Chomsky should go on to BTFO this faggot. This "freedom of speech" circle jerk and the whole "lets listen to both sides" which ends up being between the right and the center, with actual leftist never appearing is a perfect example of what he talks about in manufacturing consent