Why even work?

Give me one reason why I should take part in a corrupt system, and one reason why I shouldn't indulge in ethical hedonism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-employment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please end my existence

because you'll starve

If you don't have to you shouldn't.

I can leech off my parents. I also volunteer at various non-profits, I just don't believe in working for shitty corporations or getting a degree, I fail to see the point when the society in which I live is so sick.

I hope your parents beat you

Why should I spend my time on soulless corporations that just want to profit, when I can instead give my labor to causes I believe in? If my parents ever stopped supporting me, I could just live at one of the sites that I volunteer at.

Yeah dude, if you can get by without working then go for it. Use the time to study and develop your faculties, and to promote leftisim and ultimately the revolution.

Don't if can get away with not doing it, I even say this as a tankie

I'd probably work even if I could leech from my parents because the social pressure and the stigma of being a lazy bum would be too much. I'm such a dipshit

What's unethical about living in a house paid for by capitalist cogs and eating their food?

You're not leeching, you're just living with them.

rent

well you'll be a useful in the revolution won't you

Why the fuck should I go into debt and get a piece of paper from a capitalist institution in order to be useful to the revolution? I don't need to pay thousands of dollars to read books at the library.

Do you hate your parents or something?

there you go.

Fair enough. If you can handle being a polyglot then I have no quibble with you.

Out of honest curiosity what are you studying currently and what resources do you find useful to test your knowledge?

hypothetically you could minimize your consumption and just go the the park/library, that'd be the most ethical existence possible

you sound 14 tbh

living a life of idleness will make you soft and weak. you won't be of any use to the revolution. sorry but you'll probably die in a GULAG with your parents.

rip in peace ethical kid.

Beep beep larper alert

You sound kind of spooked

The places I volunteer at have me doing physical labor. I'll gladly beat you to death with a shovel, you larping faggot.

Degree cuck detected

Farming. I volunteer at animal sanctuaries and organic farms mainly. I've been researching the best way to produce crops without having to exploit animals. I've been playing around with making manure from cow and pig shit.

That's admirable, and I do appreciate that you seek to reduce cruelty to animals. However, I would posit that it would be the most beneficial to a revolutionary state to produce the most nutrition for acre. I realize that this usually ends up on the side of vegetarianism, but the aim of agriculture, it would seem to me, should be to build a strong proleteriat.

nigga i work a mothafuckin high paying job to support myself and contribute to the cause what the fuck you got to show

It seems to me that the most important thing you can do is promote leftist ideas. This can be done with money, but it's at least as effective just to have interactions with people, either in meatspace or online.

Money is more effective than a mouth in modern society.

I'm really not sure about that. How are do you use your money to "contribute to the cause" anyway?

…although to be fair that only works if the "less evil" side of the argument is actually less evil than the other side, hence why I elected to donate to the local homeless shelter I'm affiliated with rather than Hillary

Real leftists wanted Trump to win because he means an accelerated downfall of America, and what's bad for America is bad for capitalism which is good for communism.

To pursue power in society, and acquire resources, and autonomy for yourself.

You will forever be their bitchboi, who doesn't even have the right to choose what he eats. There is a reason young people try to separate from parents as fast as possible. You cannot pursue your desires or ambitions of any sort, it's for your parents to decide, whether to grant or deny them.

You will have no real friendships/romances. A friendship requires material commitment to your friend, more so to your love interest, and you are incapable of that.

Your position in life is extremely insecure. No matter what are your parents' plans regarding you, you have ruined them all. Thus, they may, at some point, terminate their investment and support in some way. If, for any reason, the support for your parents ends, you are in for the world of hurt, because you are hooked on freebies, and forgot how to be autonomous.

…says the guy engaged in hobbyism while living on his parent's dime. lmao.

let's just see how well that works out

I donate enough to the local homeless shelter I volunteer at enough that they leave me the fuck alone when I occasionally go on tangents to the kids I tutor

I also donate a maximum of 10k to politicians I think will foster class consciousness in my local area.

That's false because I have both a girlfriend and two good buddies.
You're a sick person.

This is only really true in America, and I think it's mostly a vestige of frontier culture where there was endless land to colonize. The reality is that living in little nuclear families is super inefficient and not mentally healthy.

You will never not be a larping fagot.

Liberal detected.

Fuck you buddy, I don't see how making things worse makes things better.

I'm not an accelerationist. Trump makes things better for most people because he has significantly diminished America's influence.

kill yourself.

Holla Forums detected, bullshit harder

You are not understanding my claim. I'm saying that from a global perspective it's better to have Trump as the US President because he weaken's America which opens up room for leftism around the world, and frankly here in America too.

That sounds like accelerationism, tbh.

How?

You're mixing up users, but you're a fag for not caring about animals. They live on this planet too.

I never had any friends or a GF back when I wasn't a NEET.

"It's a good thing that the far-right candidate won because it will encourage more people to embrace leftism."

Isn't that, like, the definition of accelerationism?

Go vegan and volunteer at an animal sanctuary. You'll get a cute vegan NEET girlfriend within a month, not even joking. Half the people who volunteer at the one I go to are NEETs, and they're all girls except for me.

That's not what I said. I said that because Trump's election has weakened America, most people will be better off, as it is America that violently forces countries to adopt "free markets" around the world where American corporations can exploit the people.

How are you "contributing to the cause" you're doing what everyone else is doing.

hoo wow yes i am that was meant for

my alcoholism is the only excessive habit that has hold of me

fuck me running

was meant for

fuck me i'm done

What point are you even trying to make?

He's drunk, he probably doesn't even know

Well if you're going to sit around all day, you might as well pick up a gun and practice your aim, get to the gym and/or pick up some useful skills.

who /self employed/ here?

I don't pay any taxes, don't have to obey parents or bosses, and can do whatever I want

That sounds nice, what do you do?

I think the pic is implying that she's a prostitute.

Oh, I guess that can be self-employed. Average men can't really do that, though.

I am an english teacher

I am a he, and I wish I could be a prostitute dude, hell have you seen how much money findoms make?

Explain yourself.

wat? Like a tutor?

How is that being self-employed?

nice hivemind

I work with a commerce chamber that wanted to introduce english courses to their members. like a tutor but with several groups

k

An English teacher that doesn't know what words mean. Incredible.

I would love to do English tutoring myself. Do you think it's possible without a college degree? I'm a very good writer and nearly aced the SAT verbal section, and I like kids.

Yes, I realize I forgot a comma. Derp.

ah yes, the classic "An internet user that thinks he knows what he is talking about"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-employment

so yeah faggot, I am self employed

yeah, I do not have a degree in either english or education, I just have a language certificate. you just need to find a place to use as a classroom. the guys I work with are known for working in consulting and market research, so this whole "english for business" shit I do kinda fits.

good source of income because parents want their kids to learn, but it's though, I prefer working with teens and adults

Dude, just tell your mom to buy you tendies.
More seriously, "choosing what to eat" is not a right at all, it's consumerism. In traditional societies you ate whatever was growing that season or whatever you preserved for the next, whatever the hunters/gatherers/fishers brought, whatever was cheap on the market, whatever was slaughtered last night, whatever was in the rations, whatever was in the communal pot, whatever was gifted to you, whatever was in surplus (within the options afforded by your cultural taboos.) Even for celebrations and banquets you rarely had the choice of what to eat because you were expected to eat whatever people traditionally eat for festivities in your culture (which also depended on local availability.) It was like being "forced" eat turkey on Thanksgiving, except 365 days a year for as many meals as you get in a day.
Even in capitalist societies that haven't been completely consumed by lifestylism, the men come home to eat whatever their wives have cooked, usually based on what was on sale at the grocery store. "What, [food I don't really like] again?" is the stereotypical grumbling of the husband. It's not progressive, but it's reality. And the most common regret among people who left home ages ago is that they don't get to taste mom's cooking anymore. The second most common is that they didn't spend more time with their parents.
So stop applying the individualistic oppressor discourse to your fucking parents you obnoxious sperg. Urging children to leave their parents to become autonomous is like urging people to leave their spouse/partner.

i liek this post, here's a cute piggo mama and child

Why work when you can be a 0/10 trans roastie and still get beta orbiters?

To me, it looks like he's done the opposite.

I should add that the general attitude of getting outraged at other people for having any power over your consumption choices is deeply antisocial and reeks of late capitalism. Yes, when you stay at someone's house you eat whatever the household is cooking. That's what happens in your parents' home and that's what happens in a married couple's home and that's what happens in your friends' home and that's what happens anywhere you get to eat. You can make suggestions or otherwise influence the offer if it's polite to do so but otherwise you need to deal with it. That's what it means to exist in society. It's not like eating at a restaurant or ordering from a delivery service.
You don't like your parents deciding what you get to eat all the time? You feel you need to learn how to cook? Cook for them, duh.

I might seem obsessed with eating habits but it was just the first example and what I've said generally applies to all the rest too. If you truly need to leave your home and live alone because you can't stand living with other people and you feel it's holding you back, I need to point out that you would be considered mentally ill, evil or otherwise defective in pretty much any society other than the Silicon Valley, globalized metropolises and some other emerging cultures built by rootless cosmopolitans. But I doubt you're that allergic to other people, so exorcise that spook and try to understand what your issue with living at your parents' house actually is so you can address it.

That's actually what I did as a neet after I couldn't stand eating the same terrible food anymore. My dad's idea of a dinner is a pack of hotdogs chopped up in a can of beans. I taught myself how to cook and now make restaurant quality food for us most nights.

Unless you love your work, or have people in your life you want to take care of, is the only legitimate reason.

I take part in the system because I grew up poor and want to take care of my parents when they retire, I also love math and physics and computers.

I am confused user. I though commerce chambers where business oriented lobbying groups.