Daily News Thread 10/30

Ex-Trump aide Manafort charged with US tax fraud over Ukraine work

Donald Trump's former presidential campaign manager, Paul Manafort, has been charged with conspiring to defraud the US in his dealings with Ukraine.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41804740

Here's What's in the Indictment of Paul Manafort and Rick Gates

Paul Manafort and Rick Gates were charged in a 12-count indictment sought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. They are accused of acting for a decade as unregistered agents of the Ukrainian government, hiding tens of millions of dollars in income for that work from the U.S. government, and laundering the proceeds through scores of corporations, partnerships and bank accounts in the U.S. and abroad.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-30/here-s-what-s-in-the-indictment-of-paul-manafort-and-rick-gates

Rouhani says Iran will keep producing missiles, state TV reports

Iran will continue to produce missiles for its defense and does not consider that a violation of international accords, President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday in a speech broadcast on state television.
reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-missiles/rouhani-says-iran-will-keep-producing-missiles-state-tv-reports-idUSKBN1CY04S

After Vote Triggered by Scandal, Iceland's Future Is Unclear

Iceland’s weekend election has left the country with no clear political future as the arrival of several new parties in parliament spells drawn-out coalition talks and no obvious outcome.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-29/iceland-election-opens-path-to-power-for-charismatic-leftist

Egypt police are using Grindr to lure gay men to hotel rooms and arrest them

Police in Egypt are luring gay men to hotel rooms with dating app Grindr as part of an ongoing crackdown on homosexuality in the country, it has been claimed.
ibtimes.co.uk/egypt-police-are-using-grindr-lure-gay-men-hotel-rooms-arrest-them-1645095

‘Why would Washington punish us?’ Resigning Iraqi Kurdistan leader accuses US of betrayal

The US has failed to back the Kurds, who were their close allies in the fight against ISIS terrorists, and has allowed Baghdad to use American weapons in its attack on Kurdistan, Masoud Barzani, the Iraqi Kurdish President, has said after resigning his post.
rt.com/news/408166-kurdistan-president-resigns-iraq-us/

16M Communist Farmers in India Join Israel Boycott Movement to Support Palestine

The announcement comes in the wake of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s announcement of an upcoming trip to India.
telesurtv.net/english/news/16M-Communist-Farmers-in-India-Join-Israel-Boycott-Movement-to-Support-Palestine-20171028-0012.html

Puigdemont, Catalan ministers turn up in Brussels as Madrid sues them for rebellion

Former Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont has appeared in Brussels alongside other members of his cabinet as the Spanish Attorney General Jose Manuel Maza filed a lawsuit against the secessionist leaders over their push for independence.
rt.com/news/408228-puigdemont-brussels-madrid-lawsuit/

German parties resume coalition talks after 'change of atmosphere'

German conservatives, Greens and Free Democrats dove into fresh talks on a coalition on Monday after a high-level meeting with Chancellor Angela Merkel that participants said had cleared the air among potential partners.
reuters.com/article/us-germany-politics/german-parties-resume-coalition-talks-after-change-of-atmosphere-idUSKBN1CZ0XT

Philippines' Duterte says to deal with Trump in 'most righteous way'

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said on Sunday he would deal with U.S. President Donald Trump “in the most righteous way” when they meet next month to discuss regional security and Manila’s war on drugs.
reuters.com/article/us-philippines-usa/philippines-duterte-says-to-deal-with-trump-in-most-righteous-way-idUSKBN1CY0OR

'US Champion of Dirty Wars and Interventionism': Evo Morales on JFK Files

Following the release of the JFK files, Morales denounced the U.S. record of military interventions.
telesurtv.net/english/news/US-Champion-of-Dirty-Wars-and-Interventionism-Evo-Morales-on-JFK-Files-20171029-0013.html

Trump ally Roger Stone vows to sue Twitter over account ban

Former Trump adviser Roger Stone has vowed to file a “very strong” antitrust case against Twitter after being banned by the microblogging site. His account was suspended after he attacked CNN anchors in a series of tweets.
rt.com/usa/408196-roger-stone-twitter-case/

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-bodies-brokers/
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/10/look-behind-neoliberal-economists-youll-discover-rich-economic-theories-serve-big-business.html
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/gilles-deleuze-postscript-on-the-societies-of-control?v=1509221025
newrepublic.com/article/145549/force-fed-guantanamo-guards-now-worse
twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/924988111880417280
washingtonexaminer.com/tony-podesta-resigns-from-lobbying-firm-amid-mueller-investigation/article/2638986
cnbc.com/2017/05/17/boris-schlossberg-stock-market-already-assumes-a-trump-impeachment.html
fortune.com/2017/05/19/bridgewater-hedge-fund-impeachment-stock-market/
telesurtv.net/english/news/Worlds-First-Hydrogen-Powered-Tram-Up-and-Running-in-China-20171030-0006.html
lawfareblog.com/unpacking-uranium-one-hype-and-law
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TYBNA

Kek.

This is the most ridiculous shit. In a country where children starve to death and mass terrorism is rampant, the government decides to dedicate their (limited) resources on this shit because it offends their sensibilities.

This is what we (americans) give our tax money to: A failed state that can't feed or employ it's people but can devote millions because "MUH DEGENEERAAAACY REEEEEEEE"

Muslims are the worst idpolers of all.

Not exactly news but apparently this was too disgusting even for Reuters:
reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-bodies-brokers/

GODSPEED YOU! BASED NEWSANON

this seems like it would be a pretty unstable coalition. looking forward to the pirates making swedish privacy laws look weak

pretty shitty
fuck to al-sisi

the salt keeps flowing

I can see the current government not giving a shit but doing it as a way to appeal to conservative muslims (since they're fighting a salafist insurgency)
yeah we shouldn't be giving them anything though

TYBNewsAnon2.0

otherizing and removing gay men from the economic sphere frees up limited market space for "majority" groups. it's the same shtick the nazis pulled with the jews/gypsies/communists, or the americans with their blacks/gays/latinos/etc. the government gets points for oppressing the evil Other, generates income by the seizure of assets or addition of prison labor, and diminishes social tension by freeing up whatever that gay guy's job for another "law abiding" citizen. in reality i doubt it has much at all to do with the sensibilities of the government or the people in it, especially considering allocating police power to capture, prosecute, and imprison otherwise benign homosexuals would be a massive waste of time and resources for everyone involved

ahahhahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahaha

This is shocking. I'm absolutely shocked. Shocked!

Oh definitely. The egyptian government is doing it to strengthen their regime by claiming to be "doing God's work by enforcing traditional values" and the people eat that shit up.
What a sad situation for the people whose lives are ruined to prop up a government built on pillars of sand.

While it's highly possible that it's just "muh sodomy", I must point out that gays = radical liberals = political opponents in the minds of secret services in repressive countries. They identify and round up gays as a way of identifying and rounding up dissidents because they are automatically assumed to be conspiring with foreign governments, meddlesome NGOs or shit similar to the Open Society Foundation. More generally they are malcontents and more likely to be politicized than average, and disliked by the general population. It's win-win for them.

n-nothing burger

Holy shit, I didn't realize how much this has in common with ICE raids on latino communities. In 50 years we'll view them just like we view the enforcers who arrested runaway slaves.

Roger Stone could always open a tumblr, lol

OP/ED

If You Look Behind Neoliberal Economists, You’ll Discover the Rich: How Economic Theories Serve Big Business

nakedcapitalism.com/2017/10/look-behind-neoliberal-economists-youll-discover-rich-economic-theories-serve-big-business.html

Postscript on the Societies of Control

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/gilles-deleuze-postscript-on-the-societies-of-control?v=1509221025

I Was Force-Fed at Guantanamo. What Guards Are Doing Now Is Worse.

The military prison camp is reportedly allowing hunger strikers to waste away for longer times between feedings. It is a cruel, sadistic approach.
newrepublic.com/article/145549/force-fed-guantanamo-guards-now-worse

where ya been? I posted all 3 parts as they came out. Totally fucked though. I highly recommend reading this to anyone who hasn't.

Please kill him Duerte. I know you can do it.

Duterte is pathetic, whenever he deals with the Chinese he basically rolls over and instantly presents belly because he knows the chinese are fully able and willing to steamroll over the philippines

If he kills Trump all is forgiven

I know we don't really care much about the Mueller investigation here, but the Papadopoulos revelation is big. Him and Flynn have most definitely flipped.

This dude explains it pretty well:
twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/924988111880417280

If this turns out to be true, it's going to be bigger than Watergate.

Naw, he's playing smart
He's playing sides but unofficially letting the Chinese know that he's ultimately going to side with them.

yeah, Trump is probably fucked, the next round is going to nab people closer to him, probably Kushner and one of his kids. Likely for money laundering of some sort, you don't play ball at the levels they do without being covered with dirty money

That based quote from Saint-Just comes to mind:

No man rules innocently.

Tony Podesta resigns from lobbying firm amid Robert Mueller investigation

Tony Podesta, founder of the Podesta Group and brother to former Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, will resign from his lobbying company in response to an investigation of the firm by special counsel Robert Mueller.
washingtonexaminer.com/tony-podesta-resigns-from-lobbying-firm-amid-mueller-investigation/article/2638986

No shit, if you were to follow the book you could probably find a perfectly legal reason to execute every member of congress or at least jail them for life. It's just no one is really interested in doing so.

What a nothingburger that was.
Oy vey, they were the real nazi's all along. Shoulda known, what with the swastika's and all.
Zou hij ook naar het Maximiliaanpark trekken?

More like than not it's a scheme to extort money, and everyone who can't pay will get fucked over.

Muller wants Manafort to flip and give him info.

Man, we might actually see Trump resign. That's fucking crazy. I was expecting two terms out of this guy.

It doesn't really change anything, It'll just put Pence in charge and for all practical purposes he'll be an empty suit just rubberstamping whatever congress wants. Maybe some saber rattling against Lebanon and Iran

but realistically removing Trump doesn't do a whole lot, he failed in his big promises to MIC/Finance/Health Care so his political backers are going to throw him to the dogs
It should be pretty funny to watch at least

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't expect his removal to change anything at all. The only actual benefit I can imagine is less sabre rattling with North Korea and Holla Forums's utter humiliation. Both of which I'd welcome, honestly.

If there were anything they would have it by now. Trump will not resign, and nothing will come up that will make the Republicans want to impeach.

Well Trump wouldn't resign because people are being mean to him, you know. He would resign if he got in actual trouble so that Pence can pardon him.

Not sure if Pence would though. The guy obviously can't stand working under Trump.

I don't know, I think this investigation has gone exactly as fast as should be expected given the circumstances.

His ego won't allow it. He'll make a it a bloody battle.

It will guarantee a Democratic take over in 2018 and a Democrat Presidency in 2020.

Pardoning criminal presidents has always worked great in the past.

Pretty sure there aren't enough seats up to really make that happen
I can totally see a Dem president in '20 though, depending on a number of factors

nah, these investigations typically take forever, watergate was 2ish years long

Right, the democrats don't even have a leader or any real candidates.

Bernie is too old and disliked by the establishment, Hillary is dying, Warren doesn't want the position, Kamala Harris is a meme 'le empowered black woman president' neolib without experience and realistically nobody would vote for the Zucc even if democrats supported him, which they don't.

I'm a brainlet who doesn't get it.
So Trump was pro-Russia all along? Is that all?

So knowing what we know, what would you do if you were Trump? I'd try to put all of my energy into the tax cut then resigning right before Christmas, claiming I made America great again, etc. Then I'd either retire or use my influence to get even richer; get somebody to write some eponymous book. Call the investigation fake news, and leave with my dignity intact among my supporters.

It's going to be a Biden ticket with Warren or Harris as VP. He's already expressed several times that he regretted not running, and he's probably the only viable big name aside from Bernie.

That's the question on everybody's mind. I don't' think there's any real doubt at this point as to whether or not he colluded;
Looking more like Trump saw Russia as a means to power, which should surprise nobody. Donnie's a living embodiment of the spectacle.

I'm sure they can dig up someone like Obama again in a pinch.

Interestingly, if the tax cuts fail to pass and impeachment becomes likely the market should crash pretty damn hard.

That's basically what Kamala Harris is, she's been proped up as a possible candidate ever since Trump won only because she's a young black woman from California.

that's clearly not going to happen, from all reports it's a massive shit show, almost as bad as the health care reform was.

There's also external factors to consider
I wouldn't be surprised if the US has a major economic crisis in the next few years or a new foreign adventure, probably in Lebanon since that's what the Israelis are pushing for

If I wanted to keep power rather than enrich myself, I would autistically screech about the cultural marxist establishment wanting to coup me for wanting to Make America Great Again, invent some fake news about either:
A) North Korea wanting to nuke the USA, start the second pacific war and declare Martial Law and/or
B) A plot by the democrats to bring 10 billion islamic communist terrorist refugees
And from there mobilize my supporters against the libs.

Realistically, Trump is just a retard interested in his fortune and not a power hungry maniac.

Is this surprising? Both parties have business interests in Russia, so I don't see the big deal in Trump making it more explicit.

>Masoud Barzani, the Iraqi Kurdish President, has said after resigning his post.
Oh god finally.

Who knows. One porky says that the market "already assumes" Trump's impeachment, and won't react too radically:
cnbc.com/2017/05/17/boris-schlossberg-stock-market-already-assumes-a-trump-impeachment.html

Although Bridgewater claims otherwise:
fortune.com/2017/05/19/bridgewater-hedge-fund-impeachment-stock-market/

Pence is still a porky's wetdream, so I don't know if it'd significantly hasten the incoming crash. The market may just be volatile for a couple days/weeks and that's it.

Both of those options require a lot more planning and footwork than Trump is able to actually commit. If Trump were smart he'd already be full fash by now. Although a power grab or resignation are his best moves, he's just going to keep bumbling instead.

telesurtv.net/english/news/Worlds-First-Hydrogen-Powered-Tram-Up-and-Running-in-China-20171030-0006.html
World's First Hydrogen-Powered Tram Up and Running in China

literally what the fuck is this shit? did this faggot type up an actual article or does he really sperg like this trying to convey information? why not just fucking type it all up and post a picture?

Welcome to Twitter.

…during the Obama/Clinton years

Dems are definitely gonna push Harris/Booker and fail miserably. Unless there's some curveball candidate coming, I can only see an independent Zucc being the only real possible challenge to the repub stronghold. I think you REALLY underestimate americans if you think they wouldn't come out and vote for zucc.

Calm down Holla Forums, it's just how twitter works. The dude's also a law professor and isn't very hip to condensing information.

Why don't we have cool shit like this in the USA?
Even in New York, the heart of capitalism, the aiports are disgusting and falling apart and the metro looks like it hasn't been renovated since the 70s. Even developing countries like Thailand, Vietnam and Brazil have better infrastructure than anything the US does now.

I thought capitalism was all about productivity.

wow, groundbreaking work here.

It's a big deal, especially given that this is the first actual insight we've gotten into the investigation.

It's due to a lack of investment and pressure from the auto industry. IIRC, when cars first started getting big, a lot of street car and other "public" got bought out and torn up in order to make sure people were buying cars

Plus in the US public transit is associated with being poor so nobody wants to take it

Whatever government will be formed, it wont last 4 years. Can wait to vote again in like two years and I cant wait for people to still vote for the right wingers.

Click Here To Find Out About The One Amazing Way Hillary Clinton Can Still become President

What is this image suppost to convey? That the Russians wanted to meet with Trump and he was too busy? You know it's not illegal to meet with Russians, right? The US has many consulates and an embassy in Russia. Hillary has met with Putin in person. What is this supposed to expose?

good joke user.

am i the only one worried that these indictments will put wind back into the neolib sails and hurt progressive causes?

the "muh russhuns stole da elecshuns" narrative is already ramping back up

Not really. Nothing so far implicates Trump nor election tampering. Most of the charges seem to revolve around crimes committed by Manifort during the Obama administration, and there is speculation (for what that's worth) it's tied to the Uranium One deals with the Clintons. This might backfire against the neolibs big time. Either way, they will get a few more weeks of screaming Russia and pushing bizarre consipracies, but in the long term I don't think the neolibs will gain anything but a black eye over this whole meme.

Biden will be 80 by the time of the next election. Dems desperately want to keep Warren in the Senate and Harris won't be considered experienced enough to be on the ticket with someone that old.

The Neolibs will continue to be deaf dumb and blind as always. Even if and when they win 2020, we'll just get a more professional Trump by 2024. Who knows though.

The Uranium meme will fizzle out and is only aimed at further undermining journalistic credibility. It's just another pizzagate type shit.

lawfareblog.com/unpacking-uranium-one-hype-and-law

It's interesting you mention pizza. pic related

Yes, I saw that a little while ago and it's interesting to say the least. I'll never know why Holla Forumsyps have to construct ridiculous, almost farcical, conspiracies around pizza parlors, child sex rings, and god knows what else when simply money, power, and capitalism are enough to explain just about every conspiracy ever.

Ever since the WikiLeaks releases in 2016, Holla Forums really fancies itself an intelligence lel agency. They started seeing faces in clouds and had so much fun they just never stopped the game i guess. Plus, 90% of the time they look into a conspiracy, it involves at least one jew and that's enough for them. Once they find a jew, they stop looking because obviously it was da joos once again

It's honestly one of the scarier developments Holla Forums has made of late. At least with stormfront the conspiracies were left pretty self-contained and never actually breached the public realm except to be mocked. Now you've got Google citing Holla Forums as a top result whenever big events happen; conspiracy theories are okay to harbor again. There has to be a good theory out there about the cyclic nature of conspiracy theories, what conditions need to be met for people to accept them and so on.

Yeah nah. Ever since one of Trump's guys got nabbed he's been naming names

IMO there was something to pizzagate before the soul-eating and international pedophile cabal shit completely strangled any kind of rational examination. There were enough coincidences and strange relationships and other miscellaneous bits of info that pointed to something going on. But instead of doing any actual investigating they gradually dumped more and more energy into chasing after kaballistic jew satanist magic bullshit to actually find out anything of substance.

Told you guys agrarian socialism was a good idea.

Blame the likes of google, apple, facebook, twitter etc, that right-wingers somehow despise, even though they owe them so much… Something really sinister is going on.

You feeling it now you fucking cuck?
I'm glad barzani ate shit at least once

I don't even have words for how repulsed I am by this

This is the best news item and no one is talking about it. That's real internationalism right there

lel this is like when Gary Johnson joined Jill Stein to sue the Commission on Presidential Debates for effectively holding a monopoly on debates. How's that free market working out for ya?

Protip: they're all neoliberals. Learn the origin of this term already, it's not like neoconservative is to conservative. Republicans and Democrats both have been drinking the kool-aide of neoliberalism for the past 40 years.