USSR GENERAL THREAD FOR TANKIES AND HISTORYFAGS

So as someone that was always fascinated by the USSR, I am always welcoming more shit about it
Especially military related, army manuals, tactics, rare photos, but anything goes, help a brother out
Valeu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uSmNTZgs-QM
youtube.com/watch?v=ExHCAjRsZhA
youtube.com/watch?v=3jG0o9RJEbY
youtube.com/watch?v=k2VF-aIYBfE
youtu.be/AgX92v0VNWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump for interest

youtube.com/watch?v=uSmNTZgs-QM
Porky took this away from us

Was there really anything that could have been done to prevent the collapse? Was the inherent hysteria of trying to both cover up the past but also venerate it and self flog for Stalin.

The KGB being able to investigate party members so the party could be burped off liberals and nationalists
I misstyped purged' and my spell check's first suggestion was burped'' so I'm going to leave it like that

/Swole/

that's just asking to make the KGB a shadow government
how about giving the soviets some fucking power

youtube.com/watch?v=ExHCAjRsZhA

Pretty comfy for a degenerated workers' state

Thoughts on Pizza boy interview from 2011?
youtube.com/watch?v=3jG0o9RJEbY
Thoughts on Yelstin getting btfo?
youtube.com/watch?v=k2VF-aIYBfE
From the comments

You couldn't really feel the effects of revisionism yet in 1960. It was still pretty fucking neat.

youtu.be/AgX92v0VNWI

This is also very nice footage, this was only two years after the end of World War II.

bumping for interest, btw can anyone recommend books on the Russian Civil war from the bolshevik perspective? I don't want to read about "muh 400 gorillian"

>>>/marx/4702

i can recommend some books that happen to be available online, just not at the moment

They had some weird scifi.

Why even live

Where are the books user

So it can be someone elses childhood

What is a good book on the history of the USSR?

This is one of the best comments I've come across tbh

A couple months ago I bought a Communist Party of the Soviet Union membership booklet that somebody was selling for very cheap. It looked like it would make for an interesting historical document, so I figured why not? Anyway, it turns out that it belonged to a Ukrainian woman who had been a party member since 1950. She'd been using this particular booklet since the early '70s to record her membership fees and all that. I was surprised by how dedicated she was. She continued paying her dues from 1973 all the way up to December 1991. Often, the entries people (Ukrainians especially) make in these booklets tend to die off by the time you get to the mid-'80s. If you go past the page for 1991 you can see that she wrote down the years 1992, 1993, etc. on the following pages - all blank, of course. When she first started filling out this booklet back in the '70s it never even occurred to her that there would be no Soviet Union after 1991. I found that somewhat heartbreaking. Say what you like about the Soviet Union, but don't forget that it was home to many people and losing it could not have been easy for them.

I wish I had the actual pictures to show you guys, but my phone is being difficult right now.

song name?

Who here from Russia?
Ever since I started learning about politics and communism in specific I couldnt help but ask my parents about the "good ol days" but the answers have been so different that I dont know what to think.
When I asked my dad who would tell me that they would not get much variety of food to choose from and that everyone was poor and when I asked for good things he told me people didnt envy each other.
My mom story was very different she didnt actually tell me anything bad of the CCCP apart that apparently they killed intellectuals (lol), my guess she was reffering to the opposition block of trotsky. But she would tell me she enjoyed life in the soviet union and that back then they would never have to worry about things that in todays society is considered the most normal things. Im talking about things as worrying about getting fired becouse you would lose your house and starve.
When talking with more family members I discovered that none of them can actually can tell something bad about those days that has some solid basis. Sure people lived poor but that is becouse they are comparing the way they lived before with how they live today as immigrants in a first world country.

My mom moved to America from the CCCP in the 80s. I asked her about her time in Russia, but she doesn't want to talk about it. Probably because of a traumatic experience. Something bad happened to her brothers when they ran away from home and it messed her up. I can't even speak Russian around my Babuashka because my mom gets reminded of Russia.