Historical Materialism

how can you believe there is some dialectic force in history that makes society evolve or progress in a certain way? isn't this kind of silly like believing in god or magic?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.de/books?id=hK3uBgAAQBAJ&pg=PA76&lpg=PA76&dq=Dialektik Wasser Hitze&source=bl&ots=OsAxKCZJtE&sig=iLQtwoh2P7fixj-1z8Az_ddNfbM&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO5tOR2OnWAhVENhoKHbjSCSAQ6AEIRDAD#v=onepage&q=Dialektik Wasser Hitze&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're missing the point if you think it's some metaphysical substance that directs things in certain ways

Materialism is also metaphysics, dummy.

metaphysics as in the nature of reality, not a substance or force that "makes" society progress (like God or magic).

So when I boil water and it turns into gas, this isn't physics, it's some "dialectical force"? Get fucked.

really made me think

That's not what I said. I said dialectics is just an observation of the universe, it isn't a force in itself. The example I used is from Engels, actually. Water is the thesis, heat is the anti-thesis, steam is the synthesis. Projecting that onto history, we can draw some conclusions how things worked out in the grand scheme of things and maybe make some predictions for the future.

That doesn't mean communism is inevitable. It might as well be barbarism.

No, it's based on empirical observation of how slave society made place for feudalism and feudalism for capitalism.

Every single fucking time, tankies are fucking pseuds.

Your beef is with Engels then, not with me.

Engels was a known tankie

I don't have a problem with this statement. It was merely a simplification for a pamphlet for noobs like OP, stop being so triggered.

It's an obvious simplification, have an actual argument?

What you just posted was Fichte's dialectic and has nothing to do with Hegel, Marx or Engels. You're a fucking pseud who just copies other tankies who sperg about "dialectics".

kys

It's not my problem that you don't read:
books.google.de/books?id=hK3uBgAAQBAJ&pg=PA76&lpg=PA76&dq=Dialektik Wasser Hitze&source=bl&ots=OsAxKCZJtE&sig=iLQtwoh2P7fixj-1z8Az_ddNfbM&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO5tOR2OnWAhVENhoKHbjSCSAQ6AEIRDAD#v=onepage&q=Dialektik Wasser Hitze&f=false

For fuck's sake. Dialectics are just a way of examining a system to find its conflicting forces or contradictions and to postulate possible outcomes. There isn't a "dialectic force". The principle behind dialectics is simply that when there are internal conflicts in a system (which is pretty much guaranteed) that don't go unresolved (which is pretty much guaranteed) they will compound until eventually the system can't sustain itself and it will transform. Ultimately some of the elements of the original will remain but it will have changed into something else because the conflicts got resolved in some way so things had to get restructured. "Sublation" is the process where the original has part of it preserved but is also changed in a way so that the conflicts are resolved and in total the thing has become something new. This basic concept is really not that fucking hard.

Apparently it is fucking hard because you have it wrong.

Sublation does only one thing: makes the contradiction noncontradictory by removing the absolute status of the moments. It does NOT transform fucking anything below it in any manner other than situating the relation in its proper limitation and context. Commodities are resolved by value equalization, which is resolved by relative and then universal exchange rates. Does anything transform below it? No. Comoddities are still commodities, they still exchange with commodities, they just exchange with a universal one to determine and meaure their value against itself and all others.

For fucka sake, learn your terms you pseuds.

dialectic force

lel wat? Then what are revolutions?
No they aren't.

Didn't you also say Marx never said anything about inevitability in Capital?
CAPITAL I PREFACE TO 1st GERMAN EDITION

you are an embarrassment to this board