2017 Szechuan Sauce riots

You, an elitist petit-bourgeois snob: Revolution can't happen today in America

Me, an organic intellectual connected with the masses:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_HboVYEkWw
twitter.com/ianjsikes/status/916809543618719744/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=Msoe0UAap0g
palmbeachpost.com/news/local/new-customers-get-saucy-police-called-wellington-mcdonald/cuySG4WEFuhGPJQk0fP69J/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are Rick and Morty fans the new revolutionary subject?

These Rick and Morty fans are really hurting my enjoyment of the show.

Yes

Trully a future revolutionary

Pics or gtfo

Holy shit, they've actually done it. R&M fans have become cringier than bronies at their peak.

Everybody needs something to make them feel like part of a tribe.

I just wouldn't have staked my pole on top of a mediocre cartoon.

I just can't understand the thought process that allows people to get seriously invested into a completely forced meme created by corporations. I mean what the fuck, who cares. Memes are stupid to begin with but at least ones on here are somewhat organic.

youtube.com/watch?v=7_HboVYEkWw
twitter.com/ianjsikes/status/916809543618719744/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=Msoe0UAap0g

if rick and morty to tell their fans to overthrow capitalism you think they'd do it?

This. Anyone possessing even an ounce of skepticism could tell that "Szechuan sauce" was stealth advertising.

It would be painful.

not only is it a pretty ridiculous instance of a company manipulating supply to jack up prices, what's even worse is that you could probably recreate the same texture and flavor at home considering it's just a soy-based teriyaki dip

1 rt = 1 prayer

What is the final solution to the redditor question Holla Forums?

Have we reached peak burger level?

It is revolutionary, they are accelerating the fall of capitalism.

I think it was just a dumb joke like the Nintendo DS bit they did a while back, the fans are just being ridiculous. I think it's a funny show and I download it but damn, why are they even eating at McDonalds? Fucking awful behavior from these people, but they have nothing else to latch onto as capitalism dies, I pity them.

people won't stop until they run this show into the ground

I think it could be either way tbh, either they're straight getting paid, or they think that humor is referencing some old corporate bullshit that people remember fondly (see also the crystal pepsi hysteria a while back). I think both are pretty sad. And they're certainly getting paid out now.

You wouldn't understand, you need to have a very high Autism Level to understand the appeal of a corporate-sponsored limited edition dipping sauce.

you just don't get it, it's ironic. they ironically queued for 12 hours outside mcdonalds

I don't think anyone remembered that sauce at all let alone with fondness, it only got into the spotlight because of the show. It's not even nostalgia, it's… simulated nostalgia?

palmbeachpost.com/news/local/new-customers-get-saucy-police-called-wellington-mcdonald/cuySG4WEFuhGPJQk0fP69J/

I live around here anons. Home of Trump's Mar a Lago and golf course and Porky's Polo club. Porky/spooked 'middle class' enclave. There is no redemption for burgerland.

This is not commodity fetishism you imbecile.

contain your autism, sometimes it's humorous to stretch a definition for comedic purposes

To the creators it was just a joke (Rick distracted a govt agent by pretending to be obsessed with sauce), the vocal minority of dumbass fans are doing the rest. People can get hysterical about literally anything and put it on ebay.
Nintendo never payed them to mention the DS, I doubt anyone can prove they got paid to mention a 20-year-old sauce.

That's strange, though. Aren't mentioning those things on a show likely to get you sued for copyright infringement?

kys

Even if you want to argue that there was no involvement to begin with, like I said, I could go either way on that, they're definitely getting paid now seeing as there's Rick and Morty's branded sauce getting sold.

Everything about this thread is cancer and is making me take a huge step towards primitivism: The fact that burgerlards riot over fast food. The fact that it probably has to do with a cartoon. The fact that adults watch cartoons. The fact that people are mad other adults watch the wrong kind of cartoons. Just end it all.

Nobody is getting "mad" over other people's pastimes, the Rick & Morty fandom is just notorious for being obnoxiously self-important and these Szechuan Sauce riots are the straws that broke the camel's back.

People who hate on good shit like R&M because "some fans are annoying" are the worst kind of people.

I'm not saying I hate it personally, but it's not only the fans, the show itself has a very smug, psuedointellectual nihilistic tone.

Really gets the hamster wheel moving.

This totally unique opinion has become vastly more popular since it was spoonfed to everyone by an image from Holla Forums. The having a moan about pseudointellectual nihilism on imageboards is the biggest giveaway.

I mean is it really a shock that something getting super popular will make people look at it more critically. I kinda had that feeling from a lot of episodes, haven't seen season 3 but the love potion one, the Abraham linkler one and I don't even really remember many of the others, I know that Rick is supposed to be a sociopath but he's still basically the hero in the shows narrative

Why are people surprised that the reactionary labor aristocracy will only riot when their petty demands aren't met?

This is like when the LAPD had to intervene because of a man who tried to set fire to a store because couldn't get his $3000 jacket from a Louis Vuitton x Supreme collaboration, since all the other people had lined up a day before to buy $3000 jackets.

You first worlders sure have it easy.

literally gamergate

My problem with the back and forth going on is that it's largely pseuds pseuding pseuds. Most of the jokes the smart guy redditors are explaining are obvious as fuck and the people who are claiming a lot of it is stupid are in fact as stupid as the redditors are making out, but this is making the redditors feel more intelligent than they actually are. It's bordering on Kafkaesque because even explaining this I'm edging dangerously close to "the tattoo is for the ladies only" territory, which I'm 99% certain was written to mock both sides.
The love potion episode is one of the best ones there is but only when watched after the other episodes because of how it subverts the formula already set up previously and the way it completely blindsides the viewer. If you've been told to watch that episode first by one of the fans to sell you on the series then they've basically spoiled it by knowing the episode is good but not understanding what made them think that to begin with.

To be fair, you have to have a very high Autism Level to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 Autism Level points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

All the Rick and Morty hate/shitposting seems to vastly outnumber the cringy dedicated fans tbqhfam.

Ok but I haven't driven 6 hours, queued 12, then jumped over a Maccy D's counter because I'm ambivalent about the show.

I guarantee that 90% of these people reeeeeeeeing over the lack of sauce are /r/latestagecapitalism posters.

Fucking commies don't know he jewed they are.

LADS

sick projection m8

I'm going to bid on this just to piss off all the shrieking autists ITT

Good, I'll take shitposters over retards rioting over a fucking dipping sauce any day of the week.

execution

a bubble of a fucking fast-food restaurant sauce

The show was literally started as an attempt to copyright troll the owners of the Back To The Future movie

Somebody should report all the sauce bids for selling food on ebay, which is against the rules.

These people are going to McDonald's over a little something called Szechuan Sauce… you know, THE Szechuan sauce, the one from Rick and Morty? It's kind of a big deal. It's actually something worth fighting for, for once in your life. And yet you are here on Holla Forums acting like a smug little bug. My post is like a fine Szechuan sauce in a plastic container while yours is only worthy to be nowhere but the dumpster behind McDonalds. People gag at posts like yours. Please. Never ever return to this website and go watch some Family Guy like some mindless consumerist sheeple.

The diversity of the crowd is fucking frightening, this must be some high level propaganda to be effecting sipcs, nogs, asians, and whites all the same….

What in the ever living fuck did they do to these people?

xtra funny because rick and morty is anything but nihilist, it has a heart. so you know anyone spouting the "its' nihilist!" meme doesn't know shit about dicks.

one ep had rick + another alien declare that capitalism was just "slavery with extra steps", twice.

To be fair, you have to have a very high Autism Level to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 Autism Level points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

This is the greatest gift to communism ever.

Hue.

Epic post Holla Forumsro! Real redpilled *channers (yes that's slang for people who browse chans) watch Pewdiepie and "funny viking man" to really stick it to the establishment

Stop making fun of Varg

t. butthurt redditor

Stop being a soyboy.

back to r/the_cuckold, also fuck reddit and memey

I think its time for a serious investigation of whatever psychological marketing tricks this show is undoubtedly employing.

Very advanced ones, like

Animators are the true vanguard of the revolution.

Yeah sure, but that certainly wasnt how this shows faggy fanbase came about in the first place, nor did it create the brony-level radicalism that leads to some niggerfaggot literally robbing a store to get his grubby little hands on a packet of endocrine dissrupting estrogen mimmicker

I bet 95% of the Reddit & Reddity fanbase wasn't even alive in 1998.

I remember something similar happening back in my reddit days. Sometime in 2015, everyone suddenly starting being "nostalgic" for "Surge" soda. This wasn't over the course of years, there was a definite starting point, and it was only Surge, no other defunct sodas. Six months later, Surge is relaunched everywhere. I think it's absolutely an astroturf marketing campaign.

It's a garbage cartoon for pretentious autists with Dunning Kruger syndrome.

Black Mirror is one of the few only good television shows left.

The truth is each race has some VERY stupid people in it. Also this is a burger thing and burgers are very racially diverse.

Stop being a christian

Why do mods hate fun?

Resellers are making a killing, all the lemmings that are paying thousands of dollar for a packet will feel retarded when McDonald's gives every location a huge supply of the sauce.

what a gift to maoism/Thirld Worldism. There's no hope for America