Gay leftypol, what do you think about the use of the word fag or faggot IRL...

Gay leftypol, what do you think about the use of the word fag or faggot IRL? How much would you be pissed off would you be, if at all, If your friend said it causally to describe, for example a member of the alt right, said something like "did you see that baked Alaska video where the woman smashed his phone and he cried about it, man that guy is such a fucking fag"

1-10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1woWLOvj1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

0, but bi

4 I guess.

Depends on the friend. If it was a close friend I banter with, I wouldn't mind it, but some random guy calling me a fag would piss me off.
I have a friend that calls me fag and I call him chink/slant and it's okay.

Unironically fag here
I'd not care at all

I'd care a bit more if you did it on repeat

How come it doesn't piss you off on here? Or does it?

It shouldn't matter to anyone, because being gay is a choice

I came here for information not autism fuck off

I know that on Holla Forums it's almost never with a bad nature, while on Holla Forums, they say it because they genuinely hate me. As I said, it really depends on the person and the way they say it.

Sounds like you need some experimenting senpai

I mean as long as the slur isn't ugly sounding. Like bulldyke. If you call anyone a bulldyke you have some fucking issues and I won't respect you.

Never even heard someone say bulldyke before that's a new one

It's 👏 all 👏 about 👏 context 👏

I'm bi and on a night out a while ago three guys started shouting shit at me from across the road. One of them decided to call me a faggot over and over so I decided to cross the road. They suddenly turned silent, I asked who was calling me a faggot. One of them took full accountability, whose voice is not the one I heard. Another told me I should just go home.

I could not in full conscience hit a guy under those circumstances.

Mixed feelings.

I used to jam with a black metal band, and the main guy was big on Nazi stuff and had issues with a bunch of drugs and just life in general. There were one or two conversations where someone would describe someone else as a "faggot" and you know none of them knew 'bout me and this was out in the middle of nowhere with unstable people with far right tendencies. It was genuinely a bit uncomfortable.

The term in general, irl, really is kind of jarring. I don't realize it all the time, but besides the above there are certain other contexts which highlight this. In particular, the "taking it back" thing. You know, somebody will describe themselves out loud as a "fag" or a "faggot" or describe me as that, and even though we're both gay on some level my internal reaction registers it as a kind of insult and I start to wonder if I'm supposed to affirm them by repeating the word in some context. It's more noticeable when it contrasts their sentiment.

Honestly, it's not very tasteful in general, either, though. It's just not something I'd generally say in conversation. But then I don't swear much IRL anyway. I kind of agree with the close friend line.

Also, are you here Gunn? I'm still coming to the FALGSC discord. I fyou want I can come to your main room. :'[[

Always funny to watch gobshites melt.

I would be fucking offended if a guy that I consider a friend is such a pussy to not use cartain words

No offence pal but you are kind of a pussy

i'd say 5
it's less casual than in america here

I'm gay and my response to that would be
"Lmao that faggot got cucked"

Of course on the other hand, if someone is using fag as a direct insult to someone being gay, and not just a glib meaningless insult, then yeah I'd be rather peeved at it.

I don't use it because I'm not 12 but I also think that "faggot" has become so totally overused over the past few decades that it's basically meaningless and anyone who is particularly upset about it is probably the kind of person that enjoys feeling righteous indignation.

0 in part because I used to say it all the time as a kid and also because I've basically grown up on imageboards where fag has usually different connotations. If someone called me a fag I'd probably tell them come over and suck my dick or something.

Zero. Me and my boyfriend call each other faggots all the time.

I'm bisexual. The use of fag/faggot has referred to a lot of things other than non-hetero people. It's also a good swear. The sound of it is appropriate for a swear, and using it to mean things other than "queer" dilutes that meaning and re-appropriates it as a general insult.

What the being bisexuals means? you tried and liked both or you just don't know how to decide?

Completely Impartial to it.
A lot I would be extremely furious because I always expect to be respected by my loved ones.

The first one.

10i
Let people use the words they want and suffer whatever happens.

Bi, don't care.

What ideology gay Holla Forumsers adhere to?

Then I'm completely fine with it.
I only get angry if it's used against me because I'm not gay.

ancom

The one(s) that haven't put gays to death.

Gay, entirely depends on context

this

that's fucking hot

Lmao

nt

youtube.com/watch?v=r1woWLOvj1E

IMO, it's all about context. In that context, it would be perfectly fine. Using it as just a general insult is fine. Using it to intentionally demoralize a gay person/gay people in general, ("I can't wait for all these faggots to burn in hell") is not okay.

Context and intent are really all that matters. Some highschool dudes calling each other fags bugs me a little because I know they're calling each other gay as an insult as an unironic insult and most likely dislike gay people. But someone calling someone a fag for being an asshole/douchebag/whiner doesn't bug me at all.