Daily News Thread 9/27

US Homeland Security will soon collect all immigrants' social media information, search history

The new provision would also affect green card holders and naturalised citizens as well.
ibtimes.co.uk/us-homeland-security-will-soon-collect-all-immigrants-social-media-information-search-history-1640994

Mattis arrives in Afghanistan as rockets hit Kabul airport

U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visited Kabul on Wednesday to pledge support for the government of President Ashraf Ghani, with the precarious security in the Afghan capital underlined by a rocket attack on the airport hours after he touched down.
reuters.com/article/us-afghanistan-security-mattis/mattis-arrives-in-afghanistan-as-rockets-hit-kabul-airport-idUSKCN1C20RI

Iraqi Kurds Choose Independence in the Face of Regional Backlash

Iraqi Kurds voted overwhelmingly in favor of independence, risking retaliation from neighbors as well as the government in Baghdad who have pledged to do whatever it takes to prevent secession.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-27/iraqi-kurds-choose-independence-in-the-face-of-regional-backlash

Saudi King issues decree allowing women to drive

King Salman of Saudi Arabia has issued a decree ordering that women be allowed to drive, Saudi state media has reported. Under the conservative kingdom’s previous laws, women were banned from driving.
rt.com/news/404687-saudi-women-decree-drive/

Interpol Approves State of Palestine as a Member

The United States and Israel had both attempted to delay the vote, but their petitions were denied.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Interpol-Approves-State-of-Palestine-as-a-Member-20170927-0009.html

France's Macron Proposes Creating EU Military Force

Macron has suggested creating a EU military intervention force.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Frances-Macron-Proposes-Creating-EU-Military-Force-20170926-0025.html

Scuffles break out at anti-Macron demo as French president speaks at Sorbonne

Scuffles broke out between police and students outside the Sorbonne University in Paris where French President Emmanuel Macron was delivering a speech on the future of the EU.
rt.com/news/404689-france-macron-rally-scuffles/

National Action: Eleven alleged members of banned neo-Nazi group arrested on terror charges

Eleven men have been arrested across England and Wales as part of an investigation into the banned neo-Nazi terrorist group National Action, police said on Wednesday (27 September).
ibtimes.co.uk/national-action-eleven-alleged-members-banned-neo-nazi-group-arrested-terror-charges-1641028

Ukraine munitions blasts prompt mass evacuations

Some 20,000 people are being evacuated after a series of explosions at a massive arms depot in eastern Ukraine described by officials as sabotage.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-39363416

Regulatory loopholes make UK ‘hotspot’ for illegal arms trade – Amnesty

Legal gaps and government negligence make the UK a safe haven for companies involved in illicit arms deals, Amnesty International says, adding that one of the “largest” alleged illegal arms supplies to South Sudan was brokered by a UK-based firm.
rt.com/uk/404693-uk-arms-trade-amnesty/

Russia & US to create new space station in moon’s orbit

Russia and the US have agreed to build a new space station called Deep Space Gateway in the moon’s orbit, the head of Russia’s Roscosmos space agency said, adding that the first modules could be ready between 2024 and 2026.
rt.com/news/404733-russia-us-new-space-station/

Japan considers killing cash by launching own cryptocurrency

Authorities in Japan are considering starting a digital currency to be called the J-Coin. By doing so, Tokyo will reduce cash circulation in the country.
rt.com/business/404771-japan-digital-currency-cash/

Top US General Says China to be "Greatest Threat" by 2025

A top U.S. military official has said that the U.S. needs to increase its military budget, already the largest in the world, to keep an "advantage" over China.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Top-US-General-Says-China-to-be-Greatest-Threat-by-2025-20170927-0002.html

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.co.uk/too-much-facebook-causes-virtual-autism-claim-experts-1641051
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41409983
telesurtv.net/english/news/Fire-Chief-Forced-to-Resign-After-Saying-Steelers-Coach-Was-a-No-Good-Nr-20170927-0005.html
ibtimes.com/paul-horner-cause-death-fake-news-writer-found-dead-arizona-2594473
rt.com/usa/404735-utah-nurse-blood-patient-dies/
ibtimes.co.uk/china-must-stop-using-interpol-abuse-harass-its-citizens-1641013
telesurtv.net/english/opinion/Saudi-Arabia-Allows-Women-to-Drive-in-Very-Small-Concession-20170927-0013.html
newrepublic.com/article/145023/neo-yokio-satire-one-percent-loving-tribute
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/09/many-500-year-storms-will-people-endure-start-abandoning-coastal-cities.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking disgusting

this.

(cont.)

Too much Facebook causes 'virtual autism' claim experts

Spending too much time using Facebook could cause users to show signs of 'virtual autism' that has similar personality traits to those on the disorder spectrum, according to a study.
ibtimes.co.uk/too-much-facebook-causes-virtual-autism-claim-experts-1641051

Trump candidate Luther Strange loses Alabama primary to Roy Moore

US President Donald Trump's pick for Alabama's Senate race has lost the state's Republican primary to a firebrand Christian conservative.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41409983

Fire Chief Forced to Resign After Saying Steelers Coach Was a 'No Good N*r'

The team faced fiery opposition for remaining in the locker room while the U.S. anthem was being performed. Most notably, Paul Smith – a chief at Pennsylvania's Cecil Township Volunteer Fire Station – tersely scolding Coach Tomlin.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Fire-Chief-Forced-to-Resign-After-Saying-Steelers-Coach-Was-a-No-Good-Nr-20170927-0005.html

Paul Horner Cause Of Death: Fake News Writer Found Dead In Arizona

Popular fake news writer Paul Horner died at the age of 38 at his Laveen home in Arizona on Sept. 18, officials confirmed Tuesday. The cause of his death has not yet been ascertained but he may have died due to an accidental overdose of drugs, according to police.
ibtimes.com/paul-horner-cause-death-fake-news-writer-found-dead-arizona-2594473

Patient of nurse arrested in viral blood sample stand-off dies

The patient at the center of a blood sample furore in which a Utah nurse was arrested has died from his injuries. Salt Lake City police had tried to take a blood sample from the patient as he lay unconscious, but nurse Alex Wubbels refused to allow it.
rt.com/usa/404735-utah-nurse-blood-patient-dies/

China must stop using Interpol to abuse and harass its citizens

Xi Jinping can moan about Interpol's "double standards" all he likes, but not all legal systems are equal.
ibtimes.co.uk/china-must-stop-using-interpol-abuse-harass-its-citizens-1641013

Just wait till they find the chans

Homeland Security: I hope Donald J Trump, President of the United States of America, has a heart attack and dies from eating too much McDonald's.

I don't think it's just facebook

Don't be a pussy. Say you're gonna go out cooking Baron Trump in a vat of hot oil like a turkey.

OP/ED

Saudi Arabia Allows Women to Drive in Very Small Concession

Let’s not legitimize the tyranny of Al Saud by celebrating the scraps they distribute so that our collective anger is assuaged.
telesurtv.net/english/opinion/Saudi-Arabia-Allows-Women-to-Drive-in-Very-Small-Concession-20170927-0013.html

Is Neo Yokio a Satire of the One Percent? Or a Loving Tribute?

The new Netflix anime series walks a fine line between parody and homage, while hinting at the great show it could become.
newrepublic.com/article/145023/neo-yokio-satire-one-percent-loving-tribute

The Climate Change Land Rush: When Will People Start Leaving Coastal Cities?

Most of the world's biggest cities are coastal cities. What happens when people start realizing they are threatened?
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/09/many-500-year-storms-will-people-endure-start-abandoning-coastal-cities.html

Nightmare Nightmare Nightmare Nightmare

All these space projects are bullshit, I don't believe it. We've been proposing this bullshit since we thought of going to space.

Nice to know the US government is filled with cold warriors who want to continue the arms race.

so brogressive xdxdxdxd

Single Payer won't work, think of the billionaires over at Aetna losing their jobs, we can't afford it too.

Let's just put 50 million more dollars into the most terrifying force of destruction and chaos the world has ever known, and sacrifice our lives and health to protect the most terrifying force of destruction and chaos the world has ever known.

This sounds like a really good idea that won't backfire.

I'm sorry are we living in a superhero movie, what the fuck kind of a name is Luther Strange

haha totally, fellow comrade

If I was FBI I would have come up with a more boring death for Baron

wew, liberals will suck the dicks of christian wingnuts as long as they're running against trump-aligned republicans

His nickname is actually "Big Luther" since he's 6'9. Now that you point it out it is a lot like a comic book.

His full name is Luther Johnson Strange III. We are living in badly written fan fiction.

test

We tried to tell them. But they didn't listen.

Risk of WW3 steadily increasing.

Only about a century behind the civilized world. Truly our greatest allies.

This guy barely started and he's already a stereotype of Napoleon syndrome.

Called it.

I knew it sounded familiar.

Hey, that was a cool series. Wish it kept the tone of the first section, though.

Thats fucked
Really dont know what will happen with this, or how I should feel about it.
Well thats nice, I guess
Get fucked Zionists
That would be horrible, pls dont
Macron deserves only the guillotine
Good
Wonder 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧why🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 that is?
Neat
lol, ok then
Bullshit excuse to raise the military budget.

You don't understand, Trump is only going to get rid of the bad hombres.

GOP civil war imminent.

Everyday we get a little closer.

He's in the Religious Right/Civ. Nat. circles of the GOP, though, right? I'm pretty sure everyone in the Republican Party will be fine with him.

Uh, goodbye Holla Forums. Don't worry, I'll send you guys some souvenir from Guantanamo I promise.

Get a gun and bag some ICE bastards. They're worse than cops.

Half joking.

Take care user

imagine my shock

*test*

the only thing the GOP disagrees on is how best to starve the poor

Actually I meant warning people about social media being the surveillance State's spearhead. Is this the first open, large-scale operation of this type?

Against good hombres, I think so.