Has Holla Forums read this book...

Has Holla Forums read this book? Is it worth reading if not for just debating with right libertarians who point to this book as a bible?

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1b5b/8351b8e74885b976ae75ad605709b61b6ecb.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it was one of the first books I read before I was a leftist, it's literally >DUDE FREE MARKET LMAO

Do you have PDF?

Not really. It doesn't have any new theories you probably haven't heard from conservatives before. Like its basically: "free market is always better, any government regulation whatsoever backfires". It has the same problems libertarian arguments always have. There really isn't that much historical precedence for free markets, in a strict sense, existing and economics doesn't really work in the way the theory tells you.It has a few comical parts where he talks about the USSR's economy, but even there, there isn't really any value in it for a leftist.

Not yet, but I'm prolly gonna get round to one day just to get a feel for what the opps think. You've gotta do as much research into what they think as you do reading Marxist theory or else you'll look like them when they leave the comfort of their right-wing circle jerk and talk politics/economics with a left-winger that ain't purple-haired, hysterical, low-hanging SJW fruit.

Isn't it upsetting that he's definitely the most well known black economist?

Does anyone of the pdf?

Not to be all PC, but his race really didn't cross my mind till now.

Not anymore

I guess this?
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1b5b/8351b8e74885b976ae75ad605709b61b6ecb.pdf

Either way still not black

Reminds me of this

I'm sure it's longer than 40 pages

Well, I'd say understanding the current economic paradigm is preferable in order to articulate a more effective critique of the latter.

I've actually just finished reading it and was thinking to make a thread myself. It's really a good introduction to economics. The things he presents there are pretty much fundamental and he provides actual examples how policies pan out and what you have to take into consideration.

Can you actually provide a serious argument? It's not 600 pages (4th edition for me) of "DUDE FREE MARKET LOL" written again and again. He makes his points, he brings evidence, and frankly it's quite compelling. Is there a SINGLE economic principle that you can point in the book and say is wrong?

I haven't read it. I'm still trying to read capital.

Not him but just to keep things interesting

It focuses on exchange instead of production.

isn't it better to start with basic economics before progressing to advanced economics?

Probally.

No one gives a shit if you say you have read some "basic economics" books.

Only Holla Forumsyps read basic economics

Remember that ideology is always a trap. And the Kulaks deserved it.

Capital is elementary, you don't need to know anything about economics to understand it.

Yes, in the sense that it's probably a good idea to read Smith and Ricardo before Marx. Modern neoliberal economics have little to do with what Marx is talking about and focus on consumption and an imaginary free market world which allows for all kinds of easy graphs.

I was just referencing a silly joke but thanks anyway. I tried Wealth of Nations but I ended up never finishing it, perhaps I should give it another chance and/or read Ricardo.

How the fuck is Capital elementary?

How is it not?

Wage Labour and Capital is elementary, VPP is elementary. Grundrisse and Capital are Marx's most extensive and complicated works.

Capital is elementary because it builds up the whole from the most basic concepts without needing any previous knowledge on the topic. Its extensiveness and complexity are irrelevant.

Thanks!

Can you recommend where to start with Ricardo?

"The free market will fix it"
Saved you all the reading.

Stop listening to these people. Just read Marx.

Sowell is huge joke honestly. I think we should develop more counter-memes about him. His hypocrisy is legendary.