How do we make trade unions great again ?

how do we make trade unions great again ?

We don't. Read Pannekoek.

Read DeLeon

Also:

Reverse the last 120 years of world history.

By ditching them in favor of industrial unions.

Some things never change.

Bordiga was a strong supporter of red unions.

By bringing them into the service sector economy, and using them as a means to combat the "gig economy".

why, with D I R E C T R U L E F R O M L O N D O N, obviously

as far as i know the "italian" leftcoms were for membership and agitation in left-wing unions

Please think before you post, famalam

Under the actual leadership of the proletariat and the party they could become revolutionary again

Didn't mean to sage

I did. There are a lot of Marxists who haven't read Capital, let alone Marxists that aren't Lenin. Than an ancom, albeit probably the crpto-leftcom one, is more familiar with the pancakeman and the lack of revolutionary potential in unions than a leftcom is funny.

you're talking out of your ass. at the very least, a leftcom flag poster asking for tactical directions on unions is not indicative of that leftcom's knowledge as you imply it is nor is a single ancom in one thread today referencing pannekoek that significant of a trend.

Besides, fucking everyone here knows the pancake man

You'd be suprised.

bump

By dragging them into revolutionary drivel instead of attempting to improve conditions of the working class here and now?

don't you have an elected representative to call?
PLEASE stop posting on this site

The only ones who ever care about improving the lot of the working class are radical unions. Reformist unions constantly betray their members and refuse solidarity with more radical elements.

It's probably important to work within yellow unions when the opportunity presents themselves. They are props of capitalism but quite frankly the bourgeoisie prefers no unions to yellow unions for a reason because they at least nominally claim to represent working class self-interest in a democratic manner in line with their membership.

The yellow union leadership should be exposed and people should be encouraged to restructure them to serve more radical purposes but I think it's still important to work within them.

It's like the deal with working with social democrats, you try to detach genuine working class elements from the opportunist leadership and instead of changing to suit its needs. I'd say the same thing about those workers who follow conservative parties who can still be reached.

When is the last time unions actually improved things for the working class? Seems like every new contract is worse, membership is always falling, new union busting laws are always being passed, and nothing is improving. There is a clear and obvious problem, and it won't be solved by doing more of the same things that already lead us to failure.

I say we arm them. Governments to listen to peaceful people with guns.

bump