What do you think? Is he right?

What do you think? Is he right?

Yes. PewDiePie did nothing wrong

I think that it's the last of our problems right now

I'm just surprised he's still alive

Yes, but the edgemeister reaction to it is equally cancerous and worthless in proportion to its size. Good comedians should seek the golden mean.

Goddamn, look at the schnozz on him. Jeezus cheezus.

I agree that humorless alt-right cucks are killing comedyby labeling every joke they don't like cultural marxism and d3generate

Unofficial addendum to OP's image. "Useless edgy faggotry is not comedy".

It's impossible to mention Blazing Saddles without some annoying faggot snorting and saying "There's NO way they'd be allowed to make that today!"

Geez Mel, you think the market might be having an effect on the public/popular comedians? You think there might be incentives for following the taste of the mass market? You think comedians might be managed in the name of profit?
Oh yeah, of course not Mel. It's all this damn SJWS who are just toiling away to undermine comedy, you're the "comedy veteran" afterall.
Fuck off Mel.

He's right, but what ultimately drives this is capitalism. Since movies, standup specials, whatever have to be made to satisfy a wide audience ie not trigger snowflakes what they can do has to be reined in. As long as the profit motive remains, so will censorship.

Jewish people take pride of being funny even in the face of the worst circumstances. Mel even makes comedies about the persecution of jews.
I have yet to see a jew make comedy out of the Palestine affair.

yes it is

"comedian complains about SJWs" is now such a played out bit that it's more unfunny than the SJWs they're complaining about

t. middle schooler

they have every right to.
For years comedians had to waste their time battling right-wing puritans. Now that they finally have the public on their side in that battleground, all of the sudden these left-wing idpol types come out of nowhere and attack them out of the blue. If you watch the evolution of comedians like George Carlin you'll see exactly how annoying this was for them.

forgeto about that shit? Is there a source of comedy about Israel demolishing Palestinen?

Obviously you just wanted to talk abut Jews user. Tell me your Palestine comedy.

reminder that all idpol is right wing

The pushback has been going on for a while now and now it's just a short, easy way for every hack or no-longer-funny comedian to complain that they're not doing as well as they want. I mean look at the actual people complaining about this shit and see how many are likely to have legit complaints anyway. You really think Mel Brooks is offending college kids? I remember Seinfeld made this same complaint recently, how many protests do you think are springing up because he made the wrong airline food joke? Give me a fucking break

Thinkin PewDiePie is funny is unironically more offensive than saying nigger

I love Mel Brooks user, but do you think he would be willing to write a comedy about opression talking about Israel/Palestine?

while I agree that idpol in itself serves the right a lot more than it does the left, don't fool yourself into believing hardcore leftists will easily escape that trap and will be exempt from that criticism.

Mel Brooks is a man who fought Nazis in the Battle of the Bulge while dealing with anti-semitism from his fellow American soldiers. That being said, I guess he ia right, but there is a new PC being pushed by the alt-right where if there is a woman or a non-white that is prevalent in any sort of media it will be considered HUHWHYTE GENOCIDE.

He's saying you can't be a leftist and serve idpol. It's an inherently reactionary position.

Not everyone who calls themselves a leftist actually is, you know that right?

racism is idpol, how could you be an anti-idpol leftist and kill people for their color?

but how does political correctness work outside the US?

please, do tell me what you think an "actual" leftist is.
there is just no such thing. leftist is an umbrella term for anyone who supports social, political, and economic "progress" in society. it exists independent of Karl Marx.

the thread is just about some stupid Mel Brook remark lad, he used to be a Posadist btw

If you believe in idpol, you don't support social political and economic progress.

inadvertently? maybe.
consciously? no.

Just because I mentioned killing doesn't mean that is all Idpol is. Come on man be a little abstract.
Its pretty easy to be an annoying idpol without being racist
It's works for any race. "I'm just serving muh interests, h-how bad can I be?"
It's the same reason Capitalists aren't what's wrong with Capitalism. It's the mechanics/conditions that create the system that are the problem. However, there is actually some value to removing/restricting Capitalists.

I have no idea what this has to do with my post

All I said was that racism is idpol. You can certainly be a racist without killing people, and that's still idpol.

Why the fuck is PewDiePie even popular?

I must have seen hundreds of people who do the shit that he does and better than he does it and not get nearly as famous. What's the difference?

Is it just because he's a decently attractive blonde guy or is there something I'm missing?

lowest common denominator.

How the fuck are gaming streams even popular?

Mel Brooks makes fun of the Holocaust a lot though. It wouldn't surprise me to see some blue haired retard lecturing a holocaust survivor about the holocaust.

I dunno.

But he's easily one of the most popular YouTubers. 57 million subs.

soon that motherfucker will be canon about the Holocaust history I´m sure, just because he has a zillion subs

Those kind of people like to watch random strangers playing games on the internet to feel like they have friends.

It's true, my one friend lives a good ways away and I don't play multiplayer shit. I often have the Super Best Friends on in the background because it conjures memories of swapping controllers in front of a couch with buddies during simpler times.

This. Shit like South Park just makes fun of things like, say, people's disabilities, and everyone who doesn't laugh is labeled as an snowflake.

It "wouldn't surprise you" because you're in the age and demographic where you watched youtube videos as an intro to politics instead of theory and unironically believe that blue haired teenage strawmen would make up a significant portion of a stand-up audience instead of being an extreme fringe

Bruh I'm a third year poli sci student and well past watching YouTube vids. I'm not going all Holla Forums here but let's not pretend that radlibs don't regularly say stupid shit and aren't utter cancer.

We're talking about a very specific phenomena of comedians being chased off stage or whatever by crazed SJWs, and there's no "pretending" involved in saying that blue haired feminists aren't chasing Mel fucking Brooks off stage for making jokes about the holocaust.

Holy shit my dude, that's a nice collection of five entry-level radical leftist books juxtaposed with a gun atop some camouflage fabric. You must be pretty serious.

I find it funny that leftists state that comedy should be "punching up" while their comedy consists of snarky lines about how superior they are.

who says this though

Literally what the fuck are you talking about? Just go back to reddit before you say something about liberals = leftists and embarrass yourself

That's neoliberal "comedy"

Unfunny women.

Leftism is intrinsically axiomatic, to be leftist is to be to the left of something, you pretending otherwise is the defining trait of the stunted ideologue, the attachment to words instead of meaning.

I've never seen someone jerk themselves off through text before. Incredible

Correct, it is to be to the left of liberalism - the establishment ideology

This.

You should lurk more, books are the phallic object of Holla Forums. (Inserted anally instead of orally, there is no process of digestion going on here)

That entirely depends on the place of the term liberalism. In some, all modern politics is liberalism (the liberal western order) while in western Europe the term liberalism refers to parties at the right of their political spectrum, in America it means mainstream leftism. You're refusal to acknowledge that meaning is inseparable from use, context and place makes you functionally mute; the functionality being that you're stuck in an ideological frame which only refers to itself.

Usually people this smug have something to say instead of just repeating that leftism means you're to the left of something (no shit) and saying people don't read books out of nowhere

Everyone here is aware of both the history and meaning of the term "liberalism" but thanks for the rant. It still doesn't mean that every woman comic is a leftist

I assumed plain ignorance instead of willful ignorance. My mistake.

Then let that awareness lead to an ability to communicate instead of an insistence on using ones own insular vernacular. Or don't and be stuck in a purity circle about how everyone but the marxist-leninist-hoxahist-maoist workers party consisting of a facebook meme page and a youtube channel is a liberal revisionist who isn't keeping it real.

wow I never thought about it that way

Didn't flag related essentially make the same argument in his time?

This guy's initial post was about how smug and superior "leftist comics" are lmao

Saying nigger isn't offensive so that's not surprising.

it's the first of our problems

Howard, is that you again?