Voted for Trump and the Republicans because I expected their shitty policies to destabilize this country faster than...

Other urls found in this thread:

factcheck.org/2008/10/who-caused-the-economic-crisis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He'll get blamed for the crash, and he's doing plenty to piss people off.

I hope it isn't just Trump who gets blamed, but the whole capitalist establishment.

and why would that be?

The most optimistic view is that the Republicans get blamed.
The 2007/2008 financial crisis was blamed on the Democrats by the Republicans, the reverse will most certainly occur in the event of another financial crisis.
American voters can't differentiate between the Capitalist parties, and instead view the two as the polar opposites of each other. This viewpoint will make it impossible for them to fathom the idea that the Capitalist parties are responsible.

I want you to be wrong so badly, but I fear you may be right.

WRONG. "Obama came in and fixed Bush's fuck up" is what everyone thought.

Ask a Republican and I guarantee they won't say that.

I can tell you from my anecdotal evidence that isn't what the narrative was in the conservative states.

The "fuck it, let everything burn" vote was probably 5% of Trump voters. But you are a retard. This line of thinking only works if you also go out and cause destabilisation also I.e doing provocative things , otherwise you just voted for the enemy and nothing else. Just don't vote my dude

I don't remember anyone blaming the meltdown on anyone but the guys that had been in there for 8 years and I'm from the south. What was even their argument? That the economy is afraid of mulattos?

Nah. A lot of people I know think Obama's a prick for continuing Bush-era tax breaks for the ultra-rich

Fuck off, moron.

Honestly Hilldog's megalonamia would probably have been more destabilizing. Trump is more likely to just do what he's told or what he feels like at the time. The real difference is Trump doesn't have an idpol shield to hide behind. If it was Hillary doing what Trump's doing none of the media would be calling attention to it and the country would be far less agitated.

I never heard an actual argument about it, it was just presented as a given that obama managed to start crashing the economy before he even won the election.
Here's what I could find on it, please pardon the source. Start at 'McCain-Palin 2008 Ad: "Rein"' if you want to see the Republican argument.
factcheck.org/2008/10/who-caused-the-economic-crisis/

fox news/rightist media spent 8 years blaming Obama for the crash. There are people who seriously think Obama was president when the crash happened

I voted for Stein but I did secretly hope Trump would win because I know him destroying Obamacare is the best chance we have at getting some kind of single payer eventually.

read more carefully next time numbskull

this

They blame Clinton, since Bush continued the housing bubble he started

Well yeah, but it also would have been blamed on the left, because somehow people still think Hillary and the Democrats are left-wing.

There are people who complain about Obama's response as president to Hurricane Katrina.

What should really be learned from this is just how indistinguishable Obama was from Bush because people can't even tell their administrations apart.