Am I allowed to start a business (freelance at first...

Am I allowed to start a business (freelance at first, maybe hire people later if successful) and still browse Holla Forums?

Everyone can browse Holla Forums

'fraid not
>>>/gulag/

I did, but it's mostly just to save liability for my practical employer.

No. Reminder that Engels was a bourgeois.

Fuck, I almost forgot about Engels. Maybe I should read his quotes for perspective?

Same here, I don't want all my income to depend from the whims of my current day job, makes me feel insecure and compliant.

Actually I'm practically an employee. Most of my work is warranty service for a large manufacturer and I have to take a lot of shit from them. I do plan on trying to make films so perhaps I'll own a production company.

Dzierżyński and Jaruzelski were Polish nobles

Of course if its a co-op. If you have wage slavery you get the gulag.

I was thinking of crafting and selling what I make to reduce people's dependencies on large corporations.
I guess if they were popular enough I might have to hire someone to help, but I'd give them an equal share.
I really could use the extra money to get by, maybe I'd be able to afford to move out.

didn't mean to sage oops

I suppose it's cool.

No.

No, that gulagable. Consider a democratic co-op.

Engels was a capitalist because he was an inheritor of property.

You're asking go to start being a porky. Make a cooperative instead.

For one thing, there's a difference between being petite-bourg and bourg. All Leninist revolutions have succeeded based on some alliance with petite-bourg. Being a professional, you'd be a petite-bourg even at a company, because you own your means of production, your intellect.

Start a co-op. Unlesss it’s one of those things where i’s a one man firm.

Alliances with the peasantry is more important then the peti-bourg.

Just because you’re successful doesn’t mean you have to expand.

Well, Engels was a share holder of a store that he worked as a clerk in. I don't know the size of his share, how many other shareholders there were, or if the shop was a big chain or not. Considering he basically split his income with Marx's family, and a few of his kids died of malnutrition, I doubt Engels was wealthy. At most that would make him a petty bourg.

My general thought is that if you're going to start a business, if practical, aim to go for a co-op. If for whatever reason you must have employees still try and run it as democratically as circumstances allow and don't take a higher salary than is worth your own work.

To summerize another user on this board when this question was asked last time "There is no point to being purposely poor or a worker. You exist right now in capitalism, you yourself are not outside it or posess some kind magical agency that allows you exist outside of your conditions. It is in every workers interest not to be a worker." If you have the chance to not be a worker, its in your interest to take it. Just remember that in the end your trapped in the system like everyone else and that even the bourgeoisie are consumed by the inevitability of the system. Which means in reality its always in your interest to end the system, but few get that in between the profit motive and the desperation of crawling over others while being crawled over

No. We can here your oinks, dog.

Quality post, thanks, I was looking for something like this.

On one hand, employing people is essentially stealing their surplus labour value. This makes you porky.

On the other hand, due to the nature of capitalism, you're also the sole risk-taker when starting a business. The employee will stay jobless if your business fails, but you might even lose your house if you used it as mortgage so the risk you take is a lot bigger.

If you want to be ethical about it, start a co-op. If you wanna go porky, at least give the employee a good salary.

If I were you though, and the employee was a full-blown liberal lumpenprole, i wouldn't feel a single tinge of remorse for exploiting them.

I work as a financial engineer whose job consists of driving down businesses out of work from debt accumulation and I still browse Holla Forums

do you realize that if you killed yourself, you'd be doing humanity a favor?

Wait, I thought Engels was like an heir

I would start a co-op, but I feel like I'm too much of a brainlet for understanding how co-ops differ from regular business, and if they are a competitive business model. Not saying I wouldn't like being a more ethical business mananger, though. I have listened to Žižek so I have no illusions about lifestylism, just being ethical towards employees whenever possible.

Keep friends close, enemies closer, right?

zizek is garbage

what don't you understand? you own the business equally with partners, share profits equally etc. there is a spanish firm that's been very competitive and started as a co-op, im forgetting its name but wollf mentions them all the time.

i'm not saying you being in a co-op changes global capitalism, it's mostly about being able to sleep at night. you could also donate part of your income to a non-revisionist party like the communist party of greece, that's currently one of the few bastions of marxism worldwide.

Why not his books?

It's not like I have a choice, if I don't do it someone else will take the job either way
I myself am a closeted leftist but I won't give up a well paying job for left-wing ethics, until I see a revolution on sight I don't see myself quitting my job to join already beaten up unions and ""'""leftist""""" platforms.

No. Kill yourself porky.

That reasoning can be used to excuse all sorts of horrible things. The UK government even use it to justify selling weapons to Saudi Arabia.

yugofags are the worst

Seriously bud, what did you expect people to say? You're going to become everything these people hate.
Do it by the way.
Sink or swim.
I belieb in you user.

Issue with capitalism is that you essentially have to participate it one way or another, whether it'd be wage-slavery or running a business to actually live a normal life. Freelance and self employed work is fine, but beware that companies hire freelancers to circumvent shit like minimum wage.
Employing other people is a gray area, since selling their products without you contributing any value is bourgeois, so better stick to co-ops.

thats what the guards in Auschwitz said too

Make it a co-op and you're all good.

STEMfag here, by that logic literally everyone owns means of production (their strength, experience, whatever). And given that I have to sign off copyright to everything I design, I fail to see how I own anything.

kys