When

When revolution comes to America, where shall we put the guillotine? I say, for symbolic purposes, we make our own Plaza of the Revolution in Zuccotti Park, Wall Street. Imagine how badass that'd be.

(Slightly more seriously, it'd be a pretty awesome bit of propaganda/art if someone could somehow put up a mock guillotine in Zuccotti Park as some kind of statement, maybe with a fake banker strapped into it)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OC/Fanfic Time

"For decades this plaza was a symbol of corruption, of oppression! For years this bloody ground has been the staging point for your wars of Capital, for your greedy profits, the headquarters of Capitalist decadence and rule. No longer! Today we reclaim this plaza for the people! Today we bring justice to the streets! We proclaim this place, the plaza of revolution!"

Nah man, the guillotine was a symbol of its time, in more ways than one. Simply copying an old icon like that isn't good.

One of the psychological shortcomings of the Russian Revolution is not having had an execution method as impressive as the guillotine. I mean, a shot to the back of a kneeling prisoner just isn't the same. Not to mention that public executions are now considered unseemly.

If the revolution is to use a symbol of a previous revolt instead of using a brand new one, I recommend it uses several symbols from several revolts.

We could just push them off of the highest tower in every city, complete with targets painted on the ground

Just dump 'em on some godforsaken island in the Canadian archipelago. Siberia worked for Stalin, why not us?

Er, we are taking over Canada too, right?

Whatever we do decide to do, can Zuckerberg go first?

I say all living presidents, as well as the extreme corporate heads go first.

Push them off the highest tower of the cities, with two story ropes around their necks and feet. Now we've solved the problem pointed out

I am fairly sure that's just going to rip their heads and feet off unless they're very light people.

In the case of amerifats, it'll turn them into blubbery missiles taking their last weighty revenge on the proletariat below.

Don't do this. You should come up with something more original.
You take them all in a tall building an you make them jump. It was beautiful in 29'. We should recreate that feeling

Reference: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

Even a 40kg person dropped ~20ft would have their head taken off by the force involved

We convert the bull statue into a new Brazen Bull and fuel it with dollars.

That's the spirit. Pretty fucking good

Much as I want to punish the bourgeoisie and am not at all opposed to a terror, there needs to be a virtue to that terror. The guillotine, for all its horrors, was ultimately an egalitarian method of execution. It was brutal, but swift. As long as it was well-maintained, its victims would feel no pain, it would judge all equally under its blade. Efficiency and equality are symbols to go along with the guillotine, a fitting weapon of bourgeoisie democracy in its radical infancy.

If we are to compose our own communist terror, we cannot create such a vulgar and torturous device to be our symbol. The terror would be present, but absolutely no virtue.

It was something relatively creative, which was a response to the post, not something I'd support.

Firing squad is still probably the best option.

Hi is the LARPing thread?

Yes

Comrade, the revolution will be global or will not be!

G U I L L O T I N E

you realize the guillotine was used by bourgeois revolutionaries, right?

Back when that was revolutionary, and necessary to move forward he dialectical process, yeah. In looking forward to our own revolution, we should study the revolutions of the past & celebrate them in their context.

No one. If someone feels they have to risk their lives for the right to private property we obviously will have to shoot them but besides that, we don't. "Justice" is just "vengeance" in disguise and is a reactionary concept.

even if we limited political violence to that situation, there's still probably need to make that violence symbolic

I sugest burning at the steak.

what about this , but making sure that it's far enough from inhabited land, and then go full Posadas.

Is it LARPing if it's announced?

I agree, user!

Revolution isn't and shouldn't be about some sense of righteous indignation. You do what is necessary to remove capitalism and abolish the state of things, anything else is just masterbatory. Capitalism isn't the "fault" of anyone and people who believe in some facade of "agency" are deluding themselves. People operate and adjust to system they inhabit, and in capitalism it becomes everyones "interest" to exploit and survive at others expense. All people are slaves to the system, even the bourgeoisie who in their feverish delusion act against others and even themselves in pursuit of profit. It shouldn't be seen as some gleeful or obcene thing to engage in killing, but a solomn purposeful action done with the understanding that it is necessary.

Man, that's ISIS stuff, isn't it? I don't wanna pay royalties. Besides, it's cruel, unoriginal and lacks the symbolism.

This nigga really gets it. It's "barbarism with a human face". "See, we're murdering our enemies just like Stone Age tribes did, but we do it humanely". It's the perfect way to present yourself as an improvement over the old order while still putting the fear of God in it.

They all are.

Look man, we all know you're right. You have the moral upper hand here, hands down. But "righteous indignation" is part of the point of terror. It's not just about cowing your enemies, but empowering your allies.

Besides, slaves to the old system or not, the fuckers will do their best to shit the revolution up, and you got to deal with them with few resources and time at your disposal. Them's the breaks.

AFAIK, Tito's gulag was an island-prison where he dropped Stalinists off. Still, the point of gulags is the same as that of Cheka executions, they're kept away from the public eye, which defeats part of the point.

But then again, like I said, public punishment is seen negatively nowadays. Decisions, decisions…

Okay, how about this: we make the public aspect seem acceptable by removing the execution itself. Dump them on an island close enough to the coast to be viewed with public binoculars, or in the bottom of an unclimbable canyon or something, with enough tools and raw materials to survive a bit better than innawoods style, where people can see them assemble their perfect reactionary society and maybe throw peanuts at them. The virtue in this case is that, enightened as we are, we don't even murder our enemies. Just the opposite: we enable them to assemble and live in the society of their dreams. It might even act as an in vivo, empirical anthropological-sociological-eonomical experiment on the bootstraaaaaaapping of a society. Hell, if you do it in the bottom of a canyon, you could just as well call it Galt's Gulch!

Did I stumble onto something here, lads?

Guillotine is a symbol of the liberal French revolution. I see no idea why we should use it.

If anybody does, they should get GWAR to do the honors, they know how to stage a public execution.

God damn does falling fuck people up, straight up literally exploding sometimes. Is that the guy's pelvis or just his pant's pockets pulled out? Hot damn.

just carve them up for spare parts or something

I'm not against killing those bourgeoisie who stand in direct opposition to the revolution or taking the necessary actions that need to be taken to facilitate the revolution (some of which will most likely be end up being disturbing or unpleasant i.e. information extraction, kidnapping and hostage taking of key members or relatives, assassination, bombing, etc.), only that those actions be done out of the understanding that they are unfortunate but necessary. I don't find executing those who happened to be in certain positions while capitalism still existed post-revolution necessary however and such actions would most likely be self-indulgent in nature. In any case, I agree deportion will most likely be the most probable scenario as there is little worry of expansion given most people will have already transitioned into communism and view capitalism as outdated or esoteric and those who were made or chose to leave will most likely have to live communally to survive anyway

voting hinders workers by reinforcing ineffectual political action, giving the illusion of participation in democracy, and strips workers of the very real power they have. try again.