Anyone knows what's happening in Myanmar ?

Anyone knows what's happening in Myanmar ?
I heard that there's a genocide of muslims by buddhists or some shit. Is it true? Why there's nothing about it on mainstream media?

Other urls found in this thread:

redfireonline.com/2017/09/17/hands-off-myanmar-western-powers-create-and-fuel-chaos-in-asia/
globalresearch.ca/the-rohingya-of-myanmar-pawns-in-an-anglo-chinese-proxy-war-fought-by-saudi-jihadists/5607605
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where do you live where it's not in the news?

Under a rock

Holla Forums likes to say the "mudslimes" (Jesus it's the worst insult I ever heard) started it by invading Bhuddist temples, destroying relics etc. and the monks are acting in self-defense. The international media are uniformly pushing a black-and-white history of ethnic-religious cleansing.

Since we live in benighted times when the capitalist media as a whole is as trustworthy as Holla Forums – which is to say, not in the least – I'm honestly at a loss too.

redfireonline.com/2017/09/17/hands-off-myanmar-western-powers-create-and-fuel-chaos-in-asia/

globalresearch.ca/the-rohingya-of-myanmar-pawns-in-an-anglo-chinese-proxy-war-fought-by-saudi-jihadists/5607605

Something a more impartial my dude? I don't want to get high on the trash can at 10pm

All you need to know is, the Rohingya "genocide" is this decade's Save Darfur/Kosovo.

Mudslime dogs being used to further Saudi imperial interests as they always are worldwide, and are being put down as the dogs they are because asians are still uncucked.

Don't forget: Myanmar has a strong relationship with the DPRK.

Also, caliph Erdogan has hinted he may institute a full-blown invasion of Myanmar.

looks like genocide of Rohingyas to me fam.

all the white liberals who were sucking Aung San Suu Kyi off have little to say about it since she became the military junta's pet.

Basic chronology dude. Conjecture aside, the earliest confirmations of Muslim-on-Buddhist violence long predate the inverse. It's clear who's starting shit and who's getting hit.

Burma's ultranationalist military has done this shit to ethnic minorities (regardless of religion) for a long time, I don't like the way the press is trying to reduce it to religious war.

Though I guess the fact that they're able to portray the Rohingya as foreign and/or jihadis is part of how they're justifying it to the Burmese public, including portions of the public they've done many of the same things to in the past.

I wish I knew more about the situation but it's hard finding decent sources and most western reporters are peddling a fairly simplistic "religious conflict" narrative. (And while I'm sure religion and nationalism both play major roles, they don't say why it's happening now as opposed to 30 years ago; they're far from new factors in Rakhine!)

Comments on pic related?
I have no framing context for the whole conflict, other than knowing everything is tense in Asia between almost all ethnic groups historically.

hold up
How does Turkey ties in in all this?
More saudi oil stuff like Syria?

i thought that hindus just emigrated to india

Hey, it's a Holla Forums pic, idk. I just wanted someone to give me a quick rundown.

But still, that doesn't mean they weren't persecuted and mistreated as a minority

Wikipedia says on "Hinduism in Bangladesh":

Made a graph just for kicks

what the fuck

Erdogan has said he won't rule out a full-scale Turkish invasion of Myanmar. He's been pandering to the Muslim World for quite some time.

What is the Saudi/Pakistani interest here? Why are they anti-Chinese?

Is the average Turk dumb enough to believe he has that ability?

Why do you think?

Saudi has no issue creating its own puppet states. Pakistan has been a US puppet for a long time.

Erdogan is being championed as a new caliph. Sunni Muslims LOVE the guy.

I thought China and Pak were on friendly terms
in 2015 Pak put a new 20rp coin into circulation, with both the chinese and pakistani flags, celebreting their long lasting friendship according to Wikipedia.

I'd rather someone informed corrected me, I want to stop basing all I know about relationships in the FE on wiki articles

I heard Burma was buddhist-communist, can someone redpill me on this

Recently Pakistan has been gravitating toward China as a counterbalance to the US's increasing support of India. China has also been trying to get support for its trans-continental New Silk Road transport/commerce/fuel line construction, from which Pakistan stands to benefit significantly, especially if the shift in trade has the intended effect of shifting transport away from the Indian Ocean.

I wouldn't say that they're on "friendly terms" so much as "enjoy mutually beneficial circumstances."

Im shocked