/ourband/'s new album

youtube.com/watch?v=C3GcRp1d7AA

In which we discuss Luciferian Towers by Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Tracklist:
1. Undoing A Luciferian Towers 00:00
2. Bosses Hang, Pt. I 07:48
3. Bosses Hang, Pt. II 12:27
4. Bosses Hang, Pt. III 17:08
5. Fam/Famine 22:32
6. Anthem For No State, Pt. I 29:16
7. Anthem For No State, Pt. II 32:22
8. Anthem For No State, Pt. III 35:18

this, this long-playing record, a thing we made in the midst of communal mess, raising dogs and children. eyes up and filled with dreadful joy – we aimed for wrong notes that explode, a quiet muttering amplified heavenward. we recorded it all in a burning motorboat.

(context as follows:)

1. UNDOING A LUCIFERIAN TOWERS – look at that fucking skyline! big lazy money writ in dull marble obelisks! imagine all those buildings much later on, hollowed out and stripped bare of wires and glass, listen- the wind is whistling through all 3,000 of its burning window-holes!

2. BOSSES HANG – labor, alienated from the wealth it creates, so that holy cow, most of us live precariously! kicking at it, but barely hanging on! also – the proud illuminations of our shortened lives! also – more of us than them! also – what we need now is shovels, wells, and barricades!

3. FAM / FAMINE – how they kill us = absentee landlord, burning high-rise. the loud panics of child-policemen and their exploding trigger-hands. with the dull edge of an arbitrary meritocracy. neglect, cancer maps, drone strike, famine. the forest is burning and soon they’ll hunt us like wolves.

4. ANTHEM FOR NO STATE – kanada, emptied of its minerals and dirty oil. emptied of its trees and water. a crippled thing, drowning in a puddle, covered in ants. the ocean doesn’t give a shit because it knows it’s dying too.

finally and in conclusion;
the “luciferian towers” L.P. was informed by the following grand demands:
+ an end to foreign invasions
+ an end to borders
+ the total dismantling of the prison-industrial complex
+ healthcare, housing, food and water acknowledged as an inalienable human right
+ the expert fuckers who broke this world never get to speak again

much love to all the other lost and wondering ones,
xoxoxox god’s pee / montréal / 4 juillet, 2017
credits
releases September 22, 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wDX7Ul9Kx7A
youtube.com/watch?v=mXt4GJ8hYqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The best anarchist band out there. Anthem for No State is a pretty cool title. Yanqui U.X.O. is their best album and the soundtrack of our times.

Probably the most silly thing anarchists wish for.

This is a new one. Their most underrated album but not the best

How would that work

It wouldn't.

09-15-00 and Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls are both phenomenal, but I'd give best album to F♯ A♯ ∞ personally.

Stalinstache, how do you manage to the worst poster on this board by a fucking mile?

I didn't know we considered GYBE /our band/.
I fucking like them too.

Dude read their track notes. If you've got another band(s) that are closer to Holla Forums than GY!BE I would honestly appreciate them being listed.

Everything is /our [insert thing here]/ nowadays.

Choking Victim!

youtube.com/watch?v=wDX7Ul9Kx7A

That's fucking hilarious. I'll check these guys out for sure. Thanks fam.

wrong

Listening to it now, I'm an unabashed fanboy, so i'm sure i'll love it

Enjoy it, m8. No Gods, No Managers is pure quality. Even has Michael Parenti samples in it.

Holy shit! This is way better than I was expecting it to be given what I'd read about these guys. Highly recommend, thank you for sharing this.

Link for anyone else interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=mXt4GJ8hYqU

It's a good alblum. Leftover Crack is more of the same.

Killdozer.

Tragedy/His Hero is Gone
Iskra

So, is the album good?
Also, why do they have a track named Mladic?