Just realized a Prof I had a year ago was a Marxist

I've only become a Marxist/radical lefty since January, though I thanks to the election I was a pretty far-left lib near the end of last year. I was leaning into Commie shit by year's end, but it was a friend who gave me the push I needed.

Anyways, my point being that when I had this young professor as for International Relations, I had no idea he was a Marxist. He always struck me as pretty cool guy, very easy going but also intelligent. He was giving a broad overview of International Relations theory, and I do remember him giving a bit of a defense for the USSR and being enthusiastic when he got to talking about Marxist International Relations theory, so I had the feeling he was leftist. That said I wasn't able to really appreciate that till now.

So just looking into the guy, he's actually written a whole book called "Capital, the State, and War: Class Conflict and Geopolitics in the Thirty Years' Crisis, 1914-1945," published back in 2014. Evidently it won an award, and he's received a reputation as a young, class-oriented Marxist International Politics Studies prof. Apparently he's also a member of the editorial collective "Historical Materialism: Research in Critical Marxist Theory." Damn. Wish I had been more into his lectures as a freshman.

polis.cam.ac.uk/about-us/news/dr-alexander-anievas-has-been-awarded-the-2015-sussex-international-theory-prize

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24LSRyOfD9k
thedisorderofthings.com/tag/capital-the-state-and-war/
viewpointmag.com/2015/12/01/towards-a-radical-critique-of-eurocentrism-an-interview-with-alexander-anievas-and-kerem-nisancioglu/
thedisorderofthings.com/2015/01/27/capital-the-state-and-war-rethinking-the-geopolitics-of-capitalist-modernity-in-the-era-of-the-two-world-wars/
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=2D19442DAE92C2FCE6D573CE4FAF27B8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also:

youtube.com/watch?v=24LSRyOfD9k

I had a teacher in high school that talked about marxist dialectics, too bad i was a lib retard

Did You just doxxed your professor on a chan? The most anti communist and reactionary of all, may I add.

I guess, this is Holla Forums so there's a small amount of hope. Oh well. Dude seems cool af

how is this a dox? he's a published writer.

How is this doxing you retard?

Your lucky enough to even be in college OP

Huh, seems he's written two books actually ,(the second being a co-authorship) has edited several others, and is currently working on one titled "Legacies of Fascism: Race and the Far-Right in the Making of the Cold War." Pretty damn cool.

Here are some neat interviews with him I dug up:

thedisorderofthings.com/tag/capital-the-state-and-war/

viewpointmag.com/2015/12/01/towards-a-radical-critique-of-eurocentrism-an-interview-with-alexander-anievas-and-kerem-nisancioglu/

First Question from the latter interview:

(That was just the first question in the interview)

Here's another pretty interesting bit by him introducing his first book. thedisorderofthings.com/2015/01/27/capital-the-state-and-war-rethinking-the-geopolitics-of-capitalist-modernity-in-the-era-of-the-two-world-wars/

I do think one of my history teachers was but never really expressed it that much. We did have exams and shit on The Soviet Union and Mao's China but she never really went into the theory of it, being a history class I guess thats expected though. I do vaguely remember her (and a lot of the class for that matter) being fairly positive about pre-Stalin times though.

Seems pretty solid, I might actually look into reading his book. Anyone got a pdf?

Here ya go

Ive read how the west came to rule. v jealous you had him as a prof. I had many very great prof at uni but I was too fucked up to really get involved with the politics.

in my highschool they had IWW posters. p crazy.

Honestly, this makes me wish I was more focused and politically aware during his class. I'm thinking of seeking him out at some point on campus to talk to him or something, maybe seeing if he could support/sponsor our club in some fashion. IDK, we'll see.

Here's a link to the pdf of How the West Came to Rule

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=2D19442DAE92C2FCE6D573CE4FAF27B8

Too large a file to post

lmao. Excellent point, so this was the true power of 150 years of Marxist historical material analysis? Almost like this whole time it was specifically framing the whole situation in a certain way, creating an entire genre within it, while claiming to be fully integral and systematic. Does your man succeed by combining the ideas of Wallerstein, Trotsky and Rosenberg?

Do me a favor. Sum up what he said in your own words.

"Historical materialism has hitherto been an inflexible tunnel vision wooden caricature due to focusing narrowly on Capitalism's development in Europe (or even England), and even the specifically so called World System fails to characterize even such a basic relation as the 'inter-nation', when the very movement was founded on world revolution and internationalism. Ok surely this isn't an endemic problem in Marxism to its complete discredit, I'll finally fix it this time."

doesn't even get to it before chapter 4.

You like this guy, or not?

You probably didn't follow up because he's one of these faggots who says "right?" all the time while he's talking to people

Well done gomrades :DDDDD

Are you actually a student, or are you a professor shilling your books and pretending to be a student?

I mean is this really a dox? The dude is an academic, he and his ideas are in the public forum by virtue of his profession.
If anything this is spreading some of his ideas to an audience that would have never run into his work otherwise.

Yeah, I just read op fully now. I just saw the photo and the name and thought it was a doxx

i love you user-san

Bump for if finds him again

Does this really bother no one else? Dont do it. Likewise with "you know?"

d r o p p ed
I want Wallersteiners to leave