Has anyone read this? What are everyone's thoughts on Kankeo Fumiko ?????

Has anyone read this? What are everyone's thoughts on Kankeo Fumiko ?????

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/KanekoFumikoThePrisonMemoirsOfAJapaneseWoman
youtube.com/watch?v=vIWmzrfVeW4
media*fire.com/file/y1ilm5xexbo1hdx/Prison_Memoirs_of_a_Japanese_Woman,_The_-_Kaneko_Fumiko.epub
mediafire.com/file/y1ilm5xexbo1hdx/Prison_Memoirs_of_a_Japanese_Woman,_The_-_Kaneko_Fumiko.epub
my.mixtape.moe/ihnejd.epub
archive.org/details/HeleneBowenRaddekerTreacherousWomenOfImperialJapanPatriarchalFictionsPatricidalFantasies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping because I've been meaning to read this too.

I am reading it again after stopping half way a long time ago. It was a really good read so i have no idea why i stopped in the first place.

I'll read it if you give me a PDF.

archive.org/details/KanekoFumikoThePrisonMemoirsOfAJapaneseWoman

No but this movie looks awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=vIWmzrfVeW4

Time to read!

Thanks.

Why is the EPUB version so trash?

idk

Okay.

The ideal waifu.

literally our gal

I'm going to try to clean it up a bit by removing the page scans and some minor improvements. One third of the way done. Probably complete it tomorrow or the day after. Won't be a master piece, but will put it up here when done.

Thank you user

Thank you I'm looking forward to it!

Okey, so I made a way better version of the epub, but can't post it here because "unknown file extension" so here is a a link to it.
*media*fire.com/file/y1ilm5xexbo1hdx/Prison_Memoirs_of_a_Japanese_Woman,_The_-_Kaneko_Fumiko.epub

4 u

mediafire.com/file/y1ilm5xexbo1hdx/Prison_Memoirs_of_a_Japanese_Woman,_The_-_Kaneko_Fumiko.epub
here is the file

Great. Thanks fam!

Thanks!

You are welcome.

Stay safe boriken-bro

It said my home country for me…

Ah well. In any case, if anyone in this thread is in hurricane María’s path, stay safe.

This is just the introduction but I'm already in love with her.

What a piece of shit her father was, it made me mad just by reading about him.

I have gotten the most angry reading about her grandmother but yeah her father was horrible

The whole thing is horrible. I thought this will be some light, inspiring reading, I wasn't prepared to feel like this.

That is the kind of life many people like Kaneko Fumiko had

Did they all have the stars in their eyes, like Fumi?

New Holla Forums waifu?

I've finished it, it was great. Would recommend for everyone. Thanks for posting it, OP.

While reading I tried fixing the OCR errors I could spot. I re-added the glossary and added metric conversions (based on Wikipedia) to it. I also fixed the table of contents. I wanted to do the footnotes in the introduction but couldn't figure out how to. Here's the modified epub: my.mixtape.moe/ihnejd.epub

Into the trash

Who writes these articles?

This has more on her last year and ideas that were missing from her memoirs:
archive.org/details/HeleneBowenRaddekerTreacherousWomenOfImperialJapanPatriarchalFictionsPatricidalFantasies

Thank you user

Reflections on the Way to the Gallows: Rebel Women in Prewar Japan also has a chapter on Kaneko Fumiko. I can't find a pdf of the full book, but there's a preview on Google books. Based on that it seems to be a short biography, then the end of her memoirs from To Tokyo!, and finally excerpts from her confessions where she explains her views on nihilism. I've found this last part as a pdf, see the attached file.

Based Fumiko

Does anyone know anything more about her?

bump

best girl bump

I have found out that Fumi wrote another book named Chichi but there is barely any information on it and has yet to be translated to English

I keep hoping it gets better, but I already know how this will end.

I can't find this anywhere but on Goodreads where it claims it's 13 pages long. Since the title means father and the description says that it is a public domain text it's probably just the first chapter of her memoirs.

If anyone could find any more of her poems that'll be pretty cool

Even just thinking about it makes my blood boiling again!

Have you read all in Treacherous Women of Imperial Japan? I don't think more exists in English, the footnotes suggest the author translated them for the book. Maybe we could email her for more?

I have just read the book for the 3rd time now. Every time i reach the end I always feel so emotional.

She's a surprisingly good writer. I don't think I could produce anything similar if I was jailed even if I had anything interesting to write about in my life.

I actually stopped halfway. It's depressing and makes me mad.
That grandmother should have been pushed in front of a train.

I really do encourage you to finish it. She has so much to say after leaving her grandmothers.

Would it make sense to have her book on The Anarchist Library? More people need to read her.

Thank you very much!

Neat

bump?

bump