Venezuela ditch the petrodollar, and therefore their independence

So, Venezuela are about to get a few rounds of freedom heading in their direction?

leakofnations.com/venezuela-ditch-the-petrodollar-venezuela-use-yuan-to-sell-oil-instead-of-the-dollar-nicolas-maduro/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3BOd8vlRkg
archive.is/QVSN6
youtube.com/watch?v=MFFVPZBl9dE
datos.bancomundial.org/indicador/SP.RUR.TOTL.ZS?end=2016&locations=VE&start=1990
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

deleted original post because i took the assad comment out of context
It really depends on how much china and russia is willing to support them not just economically but militarily. Burgerland won't risk a conflict with either.

I'm not a huge fan of either Russia or China, but I hope they give Venezuela assistance because I'm tired of the US thinking it has some sort of right to run every other country.

It would be in their broader geopolitical interest to do so, it would give them an ally right in America's backyard, and one that is a lot stronger than Cuba.

I'm Spanish and I've seen Venezuelans unironically hoping for an US invasion, they can't be much worse off. Also lots of Venezuelan immigrants have moved here.

Give me a better source than this. This is too important to be left to some shady site without any sources other than some image.

Confirming this first hand.

I've never seen a starving Venezuelan, despite how much bitching I here. All the protest I see are concentrated in the wealthiest parts of the country

Meaning people already wealthy enough to emigrate.

Those animals at the zoo were abducted by aliens then?. Maduro is now proposing to farm huge quantities of rabbits to fend off famine, it's the new hottest meme on hispanic chans. Uma delicia memes are being obscured by Venezuelan dog soup.

The people I've known aren't really wealthy, just low-middle class families, at least by Spanish standards. I've just met a handful of immigrants tho, so idk.

Meant to reply to
youtube.com/watch?v=P3BOd8vlRkg

So, pettit-bourgeois? Thanks for proving his point.

Original source, Wall Street Journal: archive.is/QVSN6

Maracaibo isn't wealthy, it's just a densely populated city. Do you expect people to protest in Tucupita or some shit?

A lot of them have dual citizenship and family members outside Venezuela that can support them in some way. People that are "lower middle-class" and work in Venezuela still earn jack shit.

Reminder that 3% of Venezuela's population is currently under arms (that being the armed forces, the Bolivarian Gendarmerie and the organised militia). The US could invade if they wanted, it would be Vietnam 2.0: Gone Latino.

3% isn't enough

Unless those arms have the ability to interdict a stratofortress then it doesn't matter if its 3% or 300%

I tought it was to increase protein intake in the diet. There not being enough good sources of protein is not exactly the same as famine.
Destroying infrastructure and bombing their houses would probably not be much of an improvement. Any one unironically hoping their homeland would be invaded is fucking retarded.

Why do you do that to yourself?

Fuck America

They are truly cancer but it's nice to browse your regional board.

Meant for

I dunno man, even considering it's my country i wouldn't touch /ve/ with a hundred foot pole, you can tell it's all just 13-20 y/os who get all their info from facebook. The only half-decent board on there is /hu/ and even that is filled to the brim with pseuds

I only visit /esp/ since it is low traffic and the only imageboard where I can discuss things about spain altough it is full of Holla Forumsyps.

They'd rather die from having their roof fall on them than starvation.

This, I forgot to mention that fact. Many had already relatives in Spain and moved out when shit hit the fan. I know this Venezuelan boy who is on a Spanish employment programs. If you're young (below 26) and you don't have studies or a job the Spanish government pays you around 700-800€ per month to study something, in this case he's doing some sort of CS course. He's earning here just by attending classes what Venezuelans wouldn't earn in an entire year given the state of their economy.

I don't think that's the case. I'm sure many rich people have fled the country and that's why the infrastructure is inoperable, but in this case the kid comes from a modest family. Otherwise he would already be employed. Many of the Venezuelans I know are on benefits or earning a wage by picking fruit.

No, he's actually telling Venezuelans to grow and eat rabbits THEMSELVES, as they grow and reproduce fast. They basically gave rabbits to random communities and expected the citizens to farm and eat them, without good results. They've suggested similar things in the past with similar results. It seems they've nationalized a lot of stuff but they don't know what to do with it. It isn't strange to hear about factories or farms which have been closed for a long time after the expropriation. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason they still allow private property to some extent, because they don't have the resources needed to control all the shit they've expropriated.
The objectives stated by Maduro's government acknowledge this, and says the process of expropriation will be slow.

I sometimes lurk there just to shitpost in my own language.

What the fuck is going on in that pic?

I don't speak Spanish. Can anybody translate this?

It's dog soup. What's to get?

Don't you need to at least skin the dog before you cook it?

Cities are usely much more wealthy then the country side when it comes to the northern part of South america. (Mostly)

Yes.

This could cause sever problems for the US.

No if the US had the ability to topple the Venezuelan government they’d do so already.

Burger here I’d hope Russia invaded the US, but I identify more with New England regionalism then with Americanism.

And there's no end in sight

the US has the ability to topple pretty much any gov in the world besides china, russia and israel

Not true. Just look at Turkey.

wew

So Venezuelan porkies.

Piglets are still pigs.

The whole rabbit deal wasn't planned by Maduro, it was proposed by his Agriculture minister and Maduro himself laughed at the idea, but still went on with it anyways. There's really not much to lose, and the more local populations can sustain themselves the better. Rabbits, guinea pigs, llamas, dogs, cats, frogs, etc are eaten in South America anyway; making a big deal of this as anything other than a trial of a food distribution program just shows 1st world bias.

Why is there a thread about this capitalist country going through an oil crash?

funny, I'm an American hoping for a North Korean invasion

No look at the 2016 Tukish coup. The US failed.

Not every coup attempt around the world is the USA's fault.

True
False, Maduro supported the idea, the Agriculture Minister was the one who came up with it, he's an ex-policeman btw, so much for qualifications. The other ministers laughed at it, but the idea was still pushed forward without good results.
youtube.com/watch?v=MFFVPZBl9dE
The point is it has come to this, people raising their own food like in medieval times in one of the countries with the highest amount of oil reserves.

Why dont you just go directly to the source and eat fucking vegetables bypassing the middleman (or middlerabbit I should say)

You can't be protein deficient unless you are also severely caloric deficient, seems like Maduro & his agricultural minister knows jack shit about nutrition

BRB, eating shitloads of pasta

That's exactly what people should be doing though. Not just in Venezuela but everywhere.

This. Every household should have a greenhouse

Anyone who supports an American invasion is almost certainly Porky.

Check this: datos.bancomundial.org/indicador/SP.RUR.TOTL.ZS?end=2016&locations=VE&start=1990

Barely anyone lives or wants to live in the countryside.

that coup attempt was entirely done by the cia though

Not in Venezuela. Slums exist.

I only browse one hispanic board, which happens to be leftist but, you guessed it, it's fucking dead compated to others.

It was "everybody who disagrees with me is a kike"-tier

Link? I don't think I've ever heard of a leftist hispanic imageboard.

I've heard of bienvenidoainternet, but it's a text board.

Too bad my apartment faces away from the sun and instead faces another apartment building so I'm in perpetual twilight and can't grow anything.

Shouldn't the hats be in Spanish and Korean tho?

mushrooms dawg

Jesus, I checked their /int/-like board and it's got Americans talking about how cool Pinochet was.

Anglos were a fucking mistake.

It's just one guy with way too much time

bump2

this is a Holla Forumsack and a Holla Forums meme. When you see Brazilian posters you are supposed to spam UMA DELICIA at them because they eat monkies.

USA will attempt something along the lines of chilean coup. doubtless the creative destruction will benefit porky,

burgerland wouldn't be retarded enough to invade mainland south america. 3rd gen warfare is dead.

I wouldn't be so sure of that