The new South park episode

It felt like they were just saying fuck you if you lost your job and didn't go to College like we did. What did you guys think of this episode.

South Park is radical centrist trash tbh

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

season 19 was pretty anti-neoliberal.

Since Randy is the one who said it, I think they'll later explain why that's a shitty way to treat uneducated workers. SP does this overarching moral thing now so I don't know if jobs are going to be the major focus or not. The jump the redneck did from "I don't have a decent job" to "Fucking Muslims/Blacks/Mexicans, kill them all" was pretty funny.

Yeah remember the surge in white nationalism after the 2007 crisis? Oh wait that never happened. I fucking hate how liberals blame workers for shit that the bourgeoisie do. None of those tiki torch faggots at Charlottesville were poor. Most were petty bourgeoisie or full bourgeoisie.

It's time to stop watching kids shows.

There is not a single poor radical in the west.
The truth is that BOTH of you are made up mainly of wealthy fucktards who pretend that they represent the working class/poor.
The reality is that the poor are too worried about living day to day to argue about the benefits of Fascism or Communism.

This isn't a show anymore. They completely gave up narrative structures and plot development in favor of creating content like pic related and reacting uncritically to the lowest-tier current events from a cynic's POV.

It's worse. It's not even an honest "fuck you" to the redneck working class (terk r jerbs). They long stopped taking actual sides. They are not anti-redneck, nor anti smug liberals (Randy's shitty show). They are cynics: they are "above it all," it's just how the economy develops currently. You shouldn't bother forming opinions about it, it's a natural process. Coal miners will get out-dated – no matter what happens to them. Well off liberals will live their smug lives within loveless relationships and following meaningless routines of capitalism. The youth get totally sucked up and corrupted by technology.

They just show you these phenomena spun around the most basic type of sitcom structures (1. Intro plot A - B & plot C - D. 2. Resolve A - B & resolve C - D; fin) throw in popular cultural references (leaving to Mars, Amazon Echo), throw in 0 effort jokes, record voices, animate, publish, profit, repeat, end season. Wait a year. Create hype. Start n+1 season.

the opposite is true. South Park doesn't tell jokes anymore, they write season long plots and occasionally remember to tell a joke

The socioeconomic conditions of right now were heavily influenced by the lackluster recovery from that crisis.

Most of Trump's base is white collar - ie "middle class," and maybe most of his loudest alt. right kids are petite bourgeoisie. But there's still a working class element to it - it's just not most of 'em.

On the topic at hand - I dunno why people are in here acting like South Park has philosophically fallen from grace. It's not as funny as it used to be, but Trey and Matt were hardline lolberts for most of the show's existence. They've only slowly started to stray from that.

this episode portrays the fucking Fascist redneck positively

support comrade Darrel

I interpreted this episode's end (Cartman breaks up with whomst'ever) as a sign of a split with that horrible season's pattern. We'll see.

No shit, of course most leftist intellectuals are middle class. But at least we're arguing against our own financial interest. What is your point exactly? Are you a workerist?

Dougiekino was funnier than anything South Park ever did

Both are workers. You won't find many members of the bourgeoisie who actively support revolutionary communism. Simply being well paid does not make you bourgeoisie.

Watered down as fuck

Terrible episode, wouldn't have watched it if this wasn't the second thread here today talking about it. The working class gets portrayed as a nuisance holding back The Future™, with the added implication that college graduates are the productive class now. But the "real talk" is delivered by Randy, so I'd say there is a 50% chance that the next episode will be the children showing that the truth is more nuanced, and both sides have good points or some shit like that. And probably they will find some evil plot by amazon and google to use the thingamajig to do surveillance on consumers.

..what?

Its only 10 years later, we are living in it. First the crisis, then the 'austerity' measures, then white nationalism swiftly after

Honestly I didn't see it, not really a fan tbqh.

To me South Park is the "edgy" Family Guy. When I was in highschool I would think it was cool and against the "system". But when I grew up, I realized it was just dumb rascist jokes and low Autism Level bullshit…

What's that, you wrote a computer program, made a little website, you uploaded some videos to Youtube? Well, let me take this opportunity to congratulate you, the monkey learned a trick. Look at you, uploading comments. You're already spewing your vile filth all over the computer, huh? Congratulations! You must have an Autism Level in the double digits! Here's a little piece of advice. The next time you're gonna unload your jealousies and inadequacies online, here's a little piece of advice. Here's a little piece of advice, slick. Next time you're gonna go on the computer (mommy and daddy bought you a new computer!), you're going to unload your jealousy and inadequacies on somebody else, on a stranger? Just make sure you don't pick Sam Geno, the son of the Papa Geno Pizza empire.

Anybody gonna explain the "White People Renovating Houses" references throughout the episode for me? I chalk not getting it up to being a Britbong.

It's making fun of how many Renovating House shows are just the same one white guy one white girl Renovating Houses things.

How did I not know about this?

Did not notice that.

This season is going to be utter trash if only because they are working on the game too.
The season that was around when the first game came out was also fucking trash, too.
Also, checking 4/co/ to see what they through about it was a huge mistake.
Fucking Holla Forumsyps ruin everything.

Stop watching TV.

It was a weak episode. Only part I found funny was the White People Renovating Houses because my whole family watches that shit non-stop.

Dougie Jones is the only worthwhile thing to come out of all three seasons of the garbage ass show that is Twin Peaks.

Dougie Jones is the only worthwhile thing to come out of all three seasons of the garbage ass show that is Twin Peaks.

fuck south park tbh
kind of interested to see in how they're potraying the neo nazis but south park literally helped to create the alt right

You're giving it way too much credit.

Close, it's right-libertarian trash.

That episode on advertising though.

Go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

They've actually been moving away from libertarianism. I actually think their politics have been improving, but it's hard to say. Looks like at best they're moving more toward a vaguely anti-corporate liberalism.

Trey and Matt are fucking retards who honestly think that Spencer and his boys are backwoods trailer trash and not upper class suburbanites. But they need to think all racists are just redneck stereotypes because otherwise they'd have to face that their lolbert worldview is fucking retarded

Yeah bro 1917 was really just about a bunch of yuppies seizing power. The only thing the czar did wrong was not release the right flavor at starbucks

being poor means you are literally an infant
thoughtless and instinctive
incapable of reading or study

They are totally out of sync. They portray the alt-right as 40+ rednecks.

I guess those personal details of Charlotesville protesters that smashies were reposting on Holla Forums were fake, then.

Keep projecting you uncool fagot.

Having a retail job in your early 20s while you're going to school doesn't make you poor except compared to the most bougie fucks

Lived my whole life in Alabama, currently middle of nowhere back-woods, and don't see the redneck stereotype beyond the confederate flags. In the end they were pacified by jobs and the one dude that was racist really just wanted an open floor plan in his home that Randy and Sharon provided in their beautiful remodel of his home.

Partly joking, but I don't think Trey and Matt are libertarians anymore. South Park has gone to shit, but I think a detailed argument would be of more value. Unironically suggest you shoot them an email with a detailed explanation of the alt-right so maybe this season of South Park won't be yet another uninformed shitshow. They have had a few moments of, uhhh, semi-intelligent criticisms before. If we are really going to invest time into the culture war retardation we may as well try to inform the unknowing/stupid people producing it. Especially people with insane influence and practically no limits when it comes to offensive bullshit.

I think it's better we just allow it to flounder. Whether or not Trey and Matt mean well, they're obviously out of creative steam and it's better to end than to trod on like the Simpsons. Ending it would be a mercy to both the fans and the writers at this point.

As much as I'd hate to see it end I think I can let go after 15+ years watching it. Can't disagree.

If nothing else I want to see more South Park games. It seems like they actually put effort into the Stick of Truth and the new game looks good too.

yup

Have you played it yet? I haven't heard anything good so far and was wondering if maybe I've just been talking to the wrong people.

It hasn't been released yet. Actually a bit concerned since Obsidian didn't work on this game.

Have you guys ever thought that maybe they are not trying to be clever or critical of anything?
You know, maybe South Park is actually just a comedy cartoon with no intent to portray shit as it really is at all. Maybe its real intent is to just make people laugh that stupid non-sense shit.
Maybe you guys have had the totally wrong impression about what they were doing throughout all these years.

Why would we care about the real intent when its actual effects are plain to see?

What are you saying?
Are there people who are stupid enough to be seriously influenced by what they see on South Park?
If that's the case then humanity was really a fucking huge mistake.

I still believe in season 4!

JUDY

yes, a lot. see reddit and every space that ascended centrists post on.

…ok? Then we're left with the conclusion that it's trying to be entertaining and failing miserably. The last episode was just unfunny plain and simple

can you imagine there are people out there who model their believes and behavior on shitty cartoons and cable commercials?

SHUT UP

and good riddance, i don't understand what people see in this godafwul turd of a series, everything lynch makes is a stinking turgid shit that needs to be buried in the desert yet somehow garners a following of edgy hipsters failing for the most obvious of postmodernist vomitations

OH MISTER JEFFRIES THE SHIT IT COME OUT OF MY ASS

This episode kinda' sucked. Bad way to start a season.

The Alexa subplot felt like a cheap cash-grab/marketing ploy, and the redneck/ home renovation plot was also just dumb.

The only part that I liked was the redneck's frustration - the 'just kill em' all' speech. That at least felt real. Then they give him a breakfast nook and all is well(?)

Seriously, this marked a sharp decline in my appreciation for the show.

I like that they play with the idea of automation taking jerbs.

H O W D O Y O U K N O W T H I S

Bullshit

televivision is a spook

I wish this meme would just die already

Hey, formerly homeless, came from very poor background, but thanks for ignoring the fact I exist.

Neck yourself you centrist waste of flesh, it's gonna be done eventually, you'll at least save people the hassle of having to clean up.

Lenin was petit bourgeois

they make all thier episodes in just 5 days and sometimes it really shows

Did they literally just included JUCHEWAVE from Schnitz' channel in their new episode when they showed the panorama of Pyongyang??

You don't, study M3W and watch Jason Unruhe. Labour aristocracy smh.

Sounds like your dad raped you.

We've met before, haven't we?

Stan was supposed to look like a pompous prick who is treating other people poorly over purely arbitrary grounds.
in this case he feels entitled to shit on a working class man because he went to college, even if said education was not the soure of his income: he was currently supporting himself through his (obviously hacky, since every episode/renovation is the same) plagiarized TV show. Stan is just a survivor who has adopted the neoliberal mindset to stay afloat: he is an hypocrite, and so are all of those people who force those citizens who have been useful until moments ago into disgusting, dehumanizing jobs, instead of simply helping them (which they could do, since they can still afford to pay for their services). In this sense the scenario wasn't elitist at all, rather it showed the lack of compassion liberals have for poor people (a lack of compassion that anyone who has lived as a homeless man in a blue state will know): it was quite dystopic in fact.

On the other hand, the working man's problems are seen as legitimate (them having to work as google devices replacements was obviously something meant to be ridicolous, dehumanizing, akin to slavery), his conclusions aren't. He sees society chewing him up, he loses all faith so he starts hating muslims and jews. It's a non-sequitur, but it's a omnipresent one in our real world, and it's certainly not a recent one.

I really did not get the ending. Were they just trying to show that this racism is merely rooted in materialism? Or was it just a silly bit?

This episode's ideology was not that shitty after all, especially considering SP's records.

You mean Randy. Stan is his son.

Yep, my bad.

These words mean things, you know. "Bourgie" doesn't mean, "can buy food".

did both of you just skip the "compared to" part or are you being purposefully obtuse?

Yeah no fucking shit people being paid for a job aren't bougie, the argument is the torch-wielding faggots weren't poor (and they weren't)