Childhood's Effect on Politics as an Adult

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23389425
web.archive.org/web/20170128112620/http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/ironically-a-mans-face-can-tell-you-if-hes-likely-to-act-like-a-racist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was repeatedly molested as a child.

sounds hot

Explains the flag

im not saying it explains alot……

Why can't I stop laughing?

That's why you becoma an ancap? To molest children as a revenge to life and god?

It's a shitpost, mate.

Didn't you consent, tho?

Prole helicopter parents in a rural and strongly conservative area and being scholarshipped into the area's private school for rich kids in my case translated into communism. I really don't think childhoods map so neatly into political positions.

Sometimes this shit just happens on its own.

Pic related

You know that algorithm for detecting the gay based on facial structure? We could really use one for those for reactionaries.

Dunno, as far as i can can pin down, my mental woes are caused by emotional neglect, despite me having the most loving parents in the world. I find it hard to believe that simply not opening up would do such a number on me, but yete here I am.

But nothing that seems to reflect on politics tho.

Wait wait wait wtf? Why would your upbringing affect your politics as an adult?

My family is what is called in capitalist speech „upper class“, but I'm adopted in the sense that my mother was already pregnant with me from another man and my father adopted me.

I could also be called a „bastard“. My adopted father is the rich one, a very respected and highly paid doctor. Upon marrying him my mother just works part time or not at all. I've never been told who my blood father is although I've brought it up repeatedly and not telling me is illegal.

My adopted father hates me and has always resented me for existing. I have 7 other siblings (all half siblings, some not related, as they're my father's only) and he has always treated them better. He abuses my mom and is a jackass. They have a loveless marriage.

This fucked family relationship and my mothers dependence on my fathers money has definitely contributed to my hatred of capitalist society extensively.

That's pretty cool, in a sense.

Already exists, if you're willing to equate racism with right wing views

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23389425

web.archive.org/web/20170128112620/http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/ironically-a-mans-face-can-tell-you-if-hes-likely-to-act-like-a-racist

Although it's allegedly just correlated to physical traits of high testosterone; toxic masculinity etc etc

fuck off with your toxic sjwisms

Explain pls

Same way it would affect your evertyhing as an adult.

A major part of Lananian theory and therapy involves deconstructing the 'story' or 'plot' that one constructs for themselves. The idea is that a person constructs a story that justifies their actions and existence that is detached from a more objective way of looking at one self. And also the theory involves ideas of a lack of self in the first place or a kind of fakeness of self that allows systems to perpetuate themselves. It is more nuanced than that but its the best short outline I could give.
Anyways it is just funny because this thread is filled with people listing off their personal uncritical reasons for believing what they believe while Zizek himself would think such a thing was retarded.

I think it made me authoritarian, I always feel someone needs to step in.