Why don't western women want to be mothers?

Why don't western women want to be mothers?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/nov/14/babies-an-impossible-dream-the-millennials-priced-out-of-parenthood.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they are educated and realized that it is wrong to force someone into this hellworld.

selfis cunts have to pay their new iphone

because they need to work
sustaining a family of 4-5 is very difficult on a single income, and motherhood impedes careers

A combination of:
Shitty upbringing that encouraged them to have a narcisistic outlook
Lack of a strong father figure
And pussywhiped beta cucks like
throwing oil on the fire by ensuring them that it's not their shitty personalities fault it's "society" or "education".(USER WAS CUCKED FOR THIS POST)

Because it is to expensive. The rest of answers are irrelevant

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/nov/14/babies-an-impossible-dream-the-millennials-priced-out-of-parenthood.

Back to Holla Forums.

I have a low-tier edit of that one saved.

I can only speak for myself, but:

But why people in the slums ofNigeria and Bangladesh have ENTIRE broods of children then?

It's a big financial investment and women are expected to work full-time to make porky some cash

Because they don't have birth control, stupid. And maybe their families are their only reprieve from their miserable, impoverished lives.

It has to do with pure economic reasons and nothing with culture, because cultural values adjust quickly to economic reality. Atheism only became prevalent very recently, birth rates dropped way earlier in the first world due to increased prosperity. People in poor countries have no adequate pension systems and high child mortality so they need their kids to provide for them.

Multiple reasons. One is that birth control and sex education are simply more widely available in wealthy countries. In poor countries, many have no form of birth control other than abstinence, which is not a popular option. There's also at least some evidence to suggest the lifestyle in wealthy countries, with busy work schedules, a wide variety of entertainment options and more freedom and mobility for women, results in lower frequency of sex, especially among married couples. In third world countries, on the other hand, there's often not much to do besides make babies.

Now, all that leaves out the question of how many children people want. People in third-world countries do tend to want more children than in wealthy countries (though not as many as they have). This is for a number of reasons. In a primarily agricultural or herding society, children increase one's wealth (they're low-cost workers who can do simple tasks). Children provide old-age security in societies where they're expected to look after their parents. For women, there may be no real life options other than motherhood, and so they keep having children because thats their only function. There's also evidence to suggest that high infant mortality is a big factor. People have lots of children because they don't expect all of them to survive. Ironically, it may be that lowering infant mortality will reduce population size in the long run, because it reduces birth rates as well.

btw am girl;)

The wealth in the west comes with a price, people in the west work. A lot. People in Africa don't.

Guy
In
Real
Life

Women now pursue careers and high demanding jobs typically reserved to men. The role of mother and child bringer is discouraged and even frowned upon by feminists.
This isn't bad however, I wouldn't like being in a country with exponential birth rates, overpopulation and an unsustainable growth model which requires more and more people to be born in order for it to not crash. I wish western countries opted for automation instead of immigration to fix this problem, I don't want to be living in an overpopulated shithole when I'm 50.

Not if you're offering what men are looking for. Which is a partner, soulmate and lifelong companion.

If you spend most of your time screaming about isms and looking for reasons to be offended, you'll never find that 'good man'.

Is this your idea of women? Perhaps you should leave the SJW cringe compilations on youtube aside for a while and go outside, meet some people.

Selfish and narcissistic. When are you going to do these things- when you stop being 'lazy', 'stubborn' and 'mentally ill'?

Working 32-hour minimum wage job because muh womyns studies degree doesn't pay as well as STEM?

Denial of natural biological drives due to cultural indoctrination?

Everything ends, it's all about what you on the way there. And what do you mean by 'the above'?

Diversity is important: if your pool of choices is a bunch of limp-wristed anti-masculine lefty male feminist apologists, then you're denying yourself options. Don't outsource your bad choices and imply they're someone else's fault.

Capitalism sucks but it sucks less than pretty much anything else. Bring on the post-scarcity society.

>climate change could turn Earth into an apocalyptic wasteland
Given that muh privileged modern western women consume more than any other demographic in history, you can't really blame that on anyone else.

Special snowflake syndrome. Mental illness is not contagious per se, and if you really want to overcome it, you can. And there are plenty of 'potentially unfit' parents out there that find that forming a nuclear family makes them shape up and sort their shit out.

So you identify as mentally ill, lazy, stubborn, selfish, greedy and poor, and you wonder why no 'good man' wants to start a family with you? Is your mental illness some kind of narcissistic personality disorder?(for someone who dislikes women you sure like to act like an oversensitive bitch)

Bourg can't oppress us if they don't exist.

You can't "offer" those things you fucking idiot.

Men can also cheat on and leave women behind too.
I know most of us are beta losers here, but when you will grow up and have a bit more confidence as well as past relationship experiences under your belt, you will probably understand that love often fade away after a few years.
>t. someone who cheated on his ex-gf and didn't have much feelings left for her before the inevitable breakupdespite being a beta loser

By the way, I think it is also one reason why we don't want to have children anymore.
We know there is a big chance our relationships won't last forever, and raising children alone is hard. From a female point of view, it's more often than not the father who doesn't give a fuck and leave his child behind for the woman to raise (speaking from experience).
And now add to that the insane cost of rents, the fact that you have work all day for shit pay, don't necessarily have time for your children at the end of the day, that a lot of us experienced that shit first-hand, and you get a bitter-tasting cocktail where we don't want to give birth to a brand new brat on this miserable planet Earth.

Because children fucking suck?

All 18yo girls think these things. Just wait until you are older.

Imagine being this retarded.

KARLTURAL MARXIST WHITE GUILT BETA NU-MALE JEWS!!!!!!

The capitalism has created a twisted kind of modern patriarchy, where women's labor in child rearing is ridiculed and under-valued, so women don't want to become mothers because it is viewed as a waste of time instead of climbing the corporate ladder like liberal feminism pushes.

In Western countries, children are seen as a financial burden where as in developing nations children are often seen as a path to wealth. That's the difference.

And, even then, this is a changing trend. Birthrates are dropping in most developing nations.

children can work in the third world
children cannot work in the first world

being in the workforce in 2017 between stagnant wages and cost plus inadequacy of most day care actively prevents you from being a good parent, it makes perfect sense tbh

My hot and spicy take.

I've seen spicier takes at Amish restaurants

mmmh, you meant to write "the same old half-cooked /r9k/ memes", right ? 🤔

Same old boring predictable shit. Imageboards were a mistake.

Amish food is unironically pretty good

Take on me, (take on me)
Take me on, (take on me)

lmao

I'll show you a spicy take.

I wish I was this badass

MATERIAL CONDITIONS

Guy
In
Real
Life

statistically it's much more likely that the wife kicks the husband out against his will

I'm a Western woman (and housewife to boot) and I want to be a mother but its also scary. Because I read a lot of things online that are scary and offputting, I always worry about finance etc. If you are childless, you are responsible just for yourself. With kids, its extra responsibility and anxiety. Motherhood is widely disrespected too in our culture.