Nukes under communism

How would we deal with the fact that we live in a post-WWII world? How do you stop one asshole from enslaving an entire population by threatening them with nukes? Would each household have to have its own nukes somehow?

Seize the means of global thermonuclear war.

We detonate them

The Soviets extensively used nuclear bombs for non-war purposes like sealing oil leaks. In the future where we don't have to kill other humans, it's still useful to stop asteroids & (hypothetical) space bugs.

wat

You blow up the ground and seal the hole

How does making a hole seal a hole.

Nuclear bombs are fake so the topic is asking the wrong question.
What happens if all the nuclear powerplants stop working and explode at the same time?

Only low agency retards fear the nuke.

Once the mushrooms fill the skies I will be making clay kilns, reed sandals and grass huts.

In fact, I wish a nuke would hit so all the undesirables will perish.

Radiation is nuthin. My hair be fallin out and my arms are itchy, but I'm good!

Not unless you were for some reason using weapons grade enriched Uranium.

t. watched a few primitive technology videos

The point still stands.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki felt itchy for a bit, too.
And look at them today.

Then look at Detroit.

We both know you got this from some shitty meme.

We both also know that it is true.

it destroys the original hole. Don't question it.

Both the US and the USSR conducted a number of Peaceful Nuclear Explosions, as they're technically called. There was a plan to use h-bombs to create an artificial harbour somewhere in Alaska, but it stalled over concerns about radiation and it's effects on the local population. As other posters have pointed out, the USSR has used them to put out gas fires, among other things.

We'd need to end the ban on nuclear weapons in space first, and imagine that it's a lot easier said than done.

lel
I mean the odds of that happening are tiny, but it would be an awful lot worse because nuclear reactors end up full of a bunch of really fruity elements that are massively radioactive and remain so for thousands of years. Besides that, were we to ever have a meltdown worse than Chernobyl i.e. the reactor melted through the founds and into the bedrock deep enough to make contact with the water table, you not only have irradiated drinking water but a massive steam explosion to go along with the nuclear one.

Bathe me in the radiation daddy

if we are going to ignore that today's bombs are easily 1000 times as powerful, then sure.
so we should never let our cities' wellbeing depend on the whim of capitalists, got it.

Its fuckin magic, I aint gotta splain shit

There's no such thing as nuclear you silly class reductionists. What, did you really think that just breaking atoms could make explosions in the order of megatons? Atoms are like, really little. Stupid.