The Petty Bourgeois Curse

Most hipsters aren't petty bourgeois.

They're just annoying.

Damn a lot of business/factory owners where you live

Stop calling anything you don't like petty-bourgeoisie.

they aren't?

did I say bourgeoisie?

they are petty bourgeois by very definition

they own small businesses?

isn't petty bourgeoisie when you are a well-off prole who yearns to be a bourg?

That would be labor aristocracy no? I think the petty bourg must have part of his income coming from capital…

I suggest you learn what the words mean before posting.

This MTW meme needs to end. Labor aristocracy doesn't refer to well-off proletarians, it refers to the leadership of reformist trade unions and parties, who are supposed to represent the interests of the proletariat but would never actually end class society.

What are some examples of well-off proles? Would they be people such as athletes, most Hollywood actors, surgeons/doctors, engineers, and university professors with faculty positions?

it's basically an owner of a small business, like a news stand or an independent grocery store

it's just workers who are well off? How is this so hard to understand

That's what it represented in the past, now it also applies to all members of a settler society.

Engels would tell you to fuck off either way. "The English proletariat is actually becoming more and more bourgeois, so that this most bourgeois of all nations is apparently aiming ultimately at the possession of a bourgeois aristocracy and a bourgeois proletariat alongside the bourgeoisie. For a nation which exploits the whole world this is of course to a certain extent justifiable.”
1858, and you still deny it. Then again you're ancom, the most bourgeois faux ideology in existence.

bourgouise means you own the means of production.

those kids aren't bourgouise. if you have a fucking job and you are working for a company/for someone and you don't own the means of production you aren't bourgouise. most people aren't bourgouise op. in fact 99.99% of them aren't.

where does self-employment fit in this category of yours

I don't know if you've been paying attention but the british empire doesn't exist anymore, dumb left-wing capitalist.

most self-employments require you to own some MOP, so they are petit bourgeois

Random groups of pretentious hipster kids aren't "petty bourgeois." The actual petit-bourgeoisie is the people I have to work with daily - well off older white boomers who own property or small businesses and are constantly devising schemes for land development, investment or business franchising.

cringe

In terms of bouj levels, is a self-employed guy the most fucked over of the bouj in capitalism? Assuming he isn't smoothing his brain with caffine, xanax, pepto-bismol, and adderall

depends on how successful he/she is but yeah generally.

Hipsters are annoying, smug types are the worst and make up most of them, the friendly ditzy hipster girls are mostly cool, the guys are annoyingly pathetic in most regards. None of this however is a relation to the means of production

To this day I still don't know who this semen demon is

Self employment and the gig economy are code-words for workers without classic worker protections. Back to the days of the boss coming out to the gate in the morning and hiring just as many proles as he needs that day, but with an app.