Hmm…

Hmm…

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/setting-charge-limit-below-90-improve-battery-life
boards.4chan.org/g/thread/62355190
youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg
youtube.com/watch?v=t9SVhg6ZENw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Elon Musk is such a hero.

The takeaway is that Tesla puts a cap on the maximum battery charge.

So if I got that right, he can actually control the charge capacity remotely?

Lmao

Hahaha what? So Tesla cars are have limited range per charge as a factory default, that you have to pay to get rid of? Jesus

And I thought they only do it with computer hardware. Every day we stray further away from Marx's light.

You only had to listen

Forgot shitposting flag

This can probably be hacked for much less than $5000, similar to how chip tuning bypasses some restrictions on gasoline engines. Probably voids the warranty though

Can any electro-autists confirm whether or not using 75 kW/hr affects battery life?

Le best economic system. Wasting the same amount of resources but tweaking it to be less effective so you can squeeze more the consumer.

How much does the price vary for producing different graphics cards or processors? Any tech manufacturer here?

This is a very common business practice for those who don't know. Considering production costs aren't that high, many products have inferior versions which are the same as the high-end version but sabotaged a bit. This, ofcourse, makes sense under capitalism: more people can now afford those products while the company makes max profits (if they'd actually sell the high-end version for a lower price they can't overcharge people who are willing to spend more) but if you simply consider that you're purposefully sabotaging your products you can see how capitalism is fucked up.

more proof that production for use > production for exchange.

Not just that, but there are artificial limits on the charge capacity in the first place. It's imposed by software for the purpose of market segmentation. All the batteries have full capacity but the put limiters on the "cheaper" ones so they justify selling the same battery to people with different budgets and maximize the profit.

For those wondering about the artificial limit, the reason people do this is because it's much more expensive to manufacture different tiers of a product. You'd need whole separate chains for construction and assembly. It's far cheaper to just make the best product and sabotage some to be less good. This shit happens all the time in industries with wide margins, especially tech. Graphics cards are notorious for this shit, having one flagship card and then the lower grade ones damaging or removing features so they can sell to both the lower market and the higher market. If supply and demand worked as described in BASIC ECONOMICS then they'd just have to sell the product at one market price, which would be a lot closer to the low-end value.

Sense there’s an artificial limit, and not two different types of batteries how hard would it be to remove the artificial limit from a battery with one.

I hope Muskrat dies on his first private flight to mars.

Depends on the product. I don't know for a Tesla but it would be easy for them to tell, would probably void your warranty, and might even cause them to brick your car. Since they can alter it remotely, they can most likely detect tampering remotely as well.

Yeah I'm sure that's exactly the idea

The author needs a knife in the genitals

that's not how things work
I would wager the limiter on the battery improves its shelf life or something

forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/setting-charge-limit-below-90-improve-battery-life

are you illiterate you fucking mongoloid I'm making fun of the author

Tesla do not limit shit for the purpose of being heros later

I think this is the scariest part about it. I wonder how long until such practises become ubiquitous. Basically

Making transportation private was one of the worst fucking ideas

I give it 5 years before self-driving cars will detect lawbreaking, lock their doors, and drive you to the police station.

Pretty much any industry involving electronics already practices this, both remote modification and intentional performance restriction.

The part that alows them to control it will have to be removed to.

They have a reason. It's called $5000.

The part that let's them control it are often hard-wired into the system. You'd have to replace the all electronics in order to free your car from them.
CPU's and GPU's have the same issue.
It's how both private and public electronic surveillance software is put on our computers and phones.

… but it's the best system we have!

I really can't understand people who want self driving cars. They will take away the fun of driving, they will take away the freedom to go wherever you want since you won't be able to go outside roads and you open the door to all kinds of hacking and government control.
But muh we will live in the future and destroy most transport jobs I guess.

Driving is gay, fuck you.

More like 50.

Driving is bourgeoisie individualism, the future is mass transit.

Driving is fun. It just shouldn't be the primary mode of transportation. Or are you saying car racing won't exist in communism? Because if so, then communism is not worth it and I hope WWIII takes us all.

Mass transit is already the present for most europeans who live in cities, that's why I want to travel by car in my holidays.

Under communism, the only people allowed to drive will all be top-tier racing fanatics who can drift around a penny while jerking off to something on their phone.

Welcome to the nightmare goggles version of reality. Both liberals, and conservative support this.

Drifting is slow. Shows how much you know, fag.

Drifting is slow if you're a bad driver.

I unironically want to learn this. Yes, including the jerking part.

No, drifting is slow because it's inefficient use of traction. Bitch, how you gonna tell me about racing, when you don't even know that.

It's not my fault you don't know how to effectively utilize the momentum and traction of the car to drift while going 80 MPH.

Drifting is always slower than maintaining the traction of the wheels. Why do you think that most racing sports slow down instead of drifting in the corners? Drifting however is fun and looks cool, that's why it exists.

But they drift all the time in Initial D

Yeah, you're retarded. It's much faster to use your traction efficiently. Notice nobody in F1 drifts. This is why, faggot.

Initial D is cool, but drifting isn't about going fast, and anyone that tells you that has been watching Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift a little too much.

There is a race where one of the cars is a 4x4 and it is actually faster, the character even says that. They drift because this way you block the other one from overtaking you in a narrow mountain pass and because you can't really go fast in that kind of races.

Yeah, right, faggos. I've watched enough TV and anime to know how to drift better than you, so why don't you take you car keys and mail them to me so I can show you how a real driver handles a vehicle?

I don't even have a license lmao.

link?

I hope he just dies and is hardly remembered for anything once people wise up to what a giant piece of shit he is.

Hey guys I made this thread on 4cucks /g/ and an actual alleged tesla employee replied with more info on this. It's worse than you think. The car tracks everything from audio to GPS and if it can't wirelessly connect back to the home server a Tesla car does not even start. Have a look through if you are interested comrades.

boards.4chan.org/g/thread/62355190

Bonus: there are a lot of classcucks and capitalist shills that promote such business practices as totally legitimate

And looking at the discussion downward it appears it wasn't a typo. So I really doubt he is an actual employee (or maybe he's just a marketing guy)

I wouldn't blame Tesla in particular, as these business really make sense under production for exchange. It's just that the whole system is evil.

Is that actually a plot for an episode?

The smart thing to do would be to short Tesla stock right before they roll out the self-driving cars.

Does Holla Forums know about this, this is literally on disc DLC.

I know in "The Next Generation" Scotty admited to doing this.

This can't be true, surely Teslas have been drives to areas without cell coverage.

Scotty did this all the fucking time. This is what was effectively happening whenever the Enterprise was trying to outrun something and needed an extra push.

There is no hope

If the car was a game, and this was a 30fps cap, Holla Forums and PCMR would be up in flames over this.

the plot of many episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg
Here is what Scotty said. The part about going "100%" of what the ship is capable of isn't something the ship is made to do 24/7. It's not safe for the ship, so when they are in need of the ship at 100% it does make sense to flip the switches and all that.

Scotty even told Kirk in the third movie about the repair times. youtube.com/watch?v=t9SVhg6ZENw

holy shit! huge if true. couldn't find anything online to support the claim that it won't turn on if the car can't phone home.

THIS IS NOT THE FUTURE I WAS PROMISED
I WANTED FLYING CARS, NOT UNDERCLOCKED CARS