Should Holla Forums start a commune?

should Holla Forums start a commune?

I have no idea where this idea comes from that we can just make our own little sandbox communist society within capitalism. To be entirely self-sufficient requires a large population and acreage, which you cannot obtain just because a bunch of commies pool their wages together.

sage for utopian bullshit

no

Yeah, this true. I'm all for doing it anyway though, if it means less alienation in my own life.

I'm not sure about communes but I think leftist spaces are a good idea. Think something like a hackerspace but for reading and discussing theory, having meetings, doing projects, etc.

this is true*
sage for doublepost

But how? Best you can get is a small patch of land in a remote area (otherwise it becomes unaffordable) where you can grow some vegetables and that's it. You cannot manufacture everything you need.

My city has plenty of anarchist cafes, and that's basically the best you can get. The cafes still have to operate under capitalist principles (pay rent, sell drinks, pay taxes etc.) but atleast there is that space for organizing and discussing. I do not delude myself into believing that we have "anarchism in one cafe" or something like that.

I don't see where OP claimed that stating a commune would abolish capitalism.

We already tried that.
It didn't work out.

Yeah that's all true too. I'm a forester by trade and pretty good with any kind of hard menial labor, so that's pretty attractive to me. I'm not saying it would be a communist microcosm, but more of a back to the land type thing.
I wouldn't aspire to be self-sufficient either, but working on something that has a concrete on my own wellbeing is something I find very rewarding.
Is that lifestylism? Yes. Does it change anything about capitalism?. No. Would it be fun, and hard? Yes.

Concrete effect*

no

Yeah does no one remember the Detroit commune plan?

Commune fuck up two: electric boogaloo

are there any communes in britain?

No. We should start a secret Blanquist cell.

I like the way you're thinking.

Welp we tried it once and it didn't work guess we better just give up

Can't we do both?

How about we start with drinking a couple beers sometime?

If it goes public then it will attract people we don't want like liberals or worse cops.

We could just call it a permaculture village and have people come volunteer for us. Obliviously calling ourselves Blanquist Dairy Co-op would be pretty dumb.

Obviously. Pretty funny typo though.

fuck you socdem

There's way too many newfags.

Come on, first round's on me.

Indeed, that obviously was a funny typo.