Conspiracy theorists

I've been trying to spread class consciousness at my workplace, but I keep running into these people. How do I talk to my co-workers about climate change when they believe the government has a weather machine? How do I talk about how businesses exploit workers when a lady I work with thinks McDonalds cooks human meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where the fuck do you live that you have that many coworkers that believe that shit?

Take what they are passionate about whether delusion or not and find a bridge that links it to what you want them to listen about.

Protip. They don't they just mock you because they are NPC's without souls. Step over those subhumans as you see fit, they totally deserve it.

that was irony if you did not guess immediately

Speaking as a burger, I'm assuming OP is a burger too, because I meet people like this every day. It's just the natural byproduct of an abysmal educational system mixed with complete political literacy after decades of Neoliberal hegemony.

*political illiteracy, lel

I guess, I mean I would self-describe myself as a conspiracy theorist (I was prosthletizing about the deep state and its crimes years before the term was popularized by the election) but at least I was selective about what conspiracies I believed. You wouldn't, and won't, see me going on about HAARP or holographic faked alien invasions.

But that's not a conspiracy theory. Heads of military and central intelligence aren't democratically elected and basically decide all of our foreign policy with little to no input from the other branches of government, it's been that way since the Cold War. That's not a conspiracy theory, that's just how the US gov works. The only reason burgers would call you a conspiracy theorist is because of the political illiteracy I was referring to, in the US if you talk about Imperialism, describe the bourgeoise as a ruling class, or bring up our nations history of COINTELPRO you will be called a conspiracy theorist. The craziest part is I've been called a conspiracy theorist by people who believe in shit like the Illuminati.

it's not really a secret that conspiracy theories are manufactured to outnoise facts, mechanism depends on illiteracy and memetic memory.

and by "conspiracy" i mean fantasy shit, not money changing hands

how do you know that the idiots baiting you aren't just bots programmed to repeat memes? it should be relatively easy to set up a program to do the shill's job.

in fact it is easy to tell a human being from a robot. human wouldn't believe that McDonald cooks meat.

*human meat

This but unironically

The way "conspiracy theory" is commonly used in everyday language, and the way OP means it, is baseless and elaborate paranoid delusions that have no ground in reality. Lizard men and the Illuminati are pretty ridiculous ideas. Marxism, on the other hand, and least tries to be a science that observes material conditions, social relations, and the contradictions which exist in these material conditions and social relations.

I try, but more often than not it's them tat "build bridges". I'll talk about the bourgeoisie and they'll connect it to the fucking Rothchilds. Then they'll link me this shitty video.

youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM

I'm trying to meet them halfway somewhere, but they HEAVILY distort it with their shitty rightist ideology. Burgers are fucking doomed.

Texas

No she's human. She just believes the McDonalds cooks human meat, and that some rabbi blesses it. The rabbi make Christians eat other Christians and she some some Youtube video where he admits it or some shit.

That's explain everything,Texas is the place with the less leftists and the most conspirationists.

Depends. San Antonio leftists are /ourguys/.

What has climate change to do with class consciousness?

1. Adopt the "hey man, did you know that…" conspiracy theorist tone.
2. Talk to them about actual shit that the ruling class are doing.
3. ????
4. Profit! Production for use!

I'm working in Carrefour supermarket as cashier. My friends don't want to listen anyway about any unionism. ;_; Everyone is afraid of layoffs and no one believes in improvement.

Part of COINTELPRO was actually the popularization of the concept of "conspiracy theory" with simultaneous propaganda in Hollywood films creating the "crazy conspiracy theorist" trope to discredit people who question the state.

The very phrase is a political tool.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

people have genuinely told me that Iran-Contra didn't happen and was a commie campaign to discredit the US, The Gulf of Tonkin was a real unprovoked attack, COINTELPRO didn't exist, MKULTRA is a fanfiction and not real. The concept that these are real documented conspiracies does not matter or mean anything. None of it was that bad and the US never perpetrated the same crimes as Germany or China because they are a moral good and besides all that was a long time ago and