Bring me up on speed

…on current leftist thought in the west. Give me the most important west-left thinkers. By important, I mean people whose ideas Colbert and Oliver rehash on TV and The Guardian is filled with.

In return I give you official site of Chinese Communist Party research center for policy and political theory:
english.qstheory.cn/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you won't find leftist thought there

Fug Drumpf :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Braise Obomo! #ImWithHer

They are. Chinese have given them name "baizuo", white left. And that current leftist thought is most influential in west right now like it or not.

Who the hell are their top-intellectuals? The academics, revolutionaries and philosophers?

Pls no say Bertrand Russell or someone like that.

but unironically

You want to know about progressive centrists? Go to reddit.

Whose ideas are they propagating?

I actually tried. This seems like a mystery.

Haven't really heard anything reminiscent of pic related.

pork ideas, sjw liberals aren't leftist, not marxist and certainly not anarchists given their oppression olympics

Mainstream progressive western thinking doesn't really have one big name or whatever it's very nebulous. It's more of a state crafted ideology taught in schools.

bookchin, zizek, chomsky, stirner haunting from the grave, invisible commitee

Literally thousands of nameless beurocrats, academics and politicians.

i misread, i thought you wanted commie 101, not the liberal marketables

Fuck off, this has nothing to do with that shit. Mainstream western thinking doesn't have a fucking single cultural-marxist-tier inventor.

Then I hate to break it to you, but you folks over there don't know shit about us

what are you asking for specifically, identity politics? neoliberal economy? "globalism"?
us multiculturalism is just a copypasta of every successfull empire before it, that's for starters.

Chomsky, Invisible Committee, Badiou

western ideology is just a patchwork ripoff of anything that is remotely successfull and generates profit

Then the Chinese don't know the American left.

Do you really think American porky media is gonna give you an accurate representation? You're being just as naive as "baizuo" right now.

"baizuo" aren't leftist - as in far left
the mainstream left - the only present in tv and newspapers is at best social-liberal

I guess the best examples would be Bill Gates and other altruistic entrepreneurs, has probabvly written a bunch of shit about how he's sad he can't give away more than he earn.

youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g
Zizek explains it here.

In no particular order and of varying age and importance:

Murray Bookchin, Paul Cockshott, Slavoy Zizek, Mark Fischer, Alain Badiou, Noam Chomsky, Wolfi Landstreicher.

TV and news dont rehash any actual leftist thought, they just speak straight from the mouth of state ideology - they are in all but name, agents of the government. The so called "baizuo" is not a school of thought as such but the position taken by the media, news and corporate PR campaigns.

This fucking bullshit again. You realize this is an internet insult right? This is a term that is used in Chinese political forums and websites, it's a fucking dumb chink meme. Even the stupid article everyone talked about a few months ago about the "Chinese intellectual who wrote about the 'white left'" was a fucking post on a forum/imageboard, the guy has no name because all he had was a username.

Baizuo detected. Drop your pronouns before terminal force is dispensed.

Richard d Wolff
Paul Cockshott
Murray Bookchin
Slavoj Zizek
Mark Fischer
Noam Chomsky
Probably biggest western leftist thinkers. Guardian and John Oliver are liberal class traitors