Stalin let him live for TEN YEARS in exile before he got too fed up with Trotsky's bullshit. Why?

Stalin let him live for TEN YEARS in exile before he got too fed up with Trotsky's bullshit. Why?

Because until then he was not in a position where he could just kill people and get away with it. Bukharin and allies at the time protested even his exile, remember that.

Mexico had them slick disguises

Yet Trotsky and Bukharin+his friends were not in a bloc and you Stalinists are absolutely crazy for thinking those two might've collaborated.

What I meant is that people Stalin was allied with and still dependent of didn't approve of such measures, let alone killing people. Once they were out of the picture themselves, he was free to act. So he'd have to wait until at the middle 30s at the very least.

He was too useful as a scapegoat and boogeyman

Well, that was phrase poorly.

let alone killing each other*

Trotsky didn't do anything wrong tbh. he's not a great person but he gets too much hate on this board.

Stalin shouldn't have killed Trotsky

He doesn't, it's trotskyism and trots that get the hate

I find that picture way more eerily profound than it's meant to be.

It's like, through the magic of photo-manipulation he'd never know would exist Yezhov finally got his revenge.

this is false.

Generally besides the guaranteed icepick joke I don't see much hate for Trotsky in this board

just watch what happens to this thread and you'll see.

Did someone say "Kronstadt"?

Yes, the whites in exile talked about it all the time. They loved it.

So Stalin could accuse his political rivals of secretly collaborating with Trotsky. Trotsky was more useful alive than dead at least for a time. Then Trotskyism and Trotsky's works started gaining traction and that changed so Stalin had him assassinated.

Also Stalin had basically eliminated all his rivals at that point.

Yall need to get over this shit I swear

Stalin's merciful nature and tendency to see the good in people got the best of him yet again. Eventually he couldn't him any more chances so he tentatively gave the order to take him out

[THIS IS WHAT TANKIES ACTUALLY BELIEVE]

stalin shouldnt have been born

You killed Rosa

I don't care about ukraine tbh, catalonia somewhat, it really is kronstadt I'm most butthurt about. Remember "all power to the soviets"?

Why make a martyr, needlessly?

he betrayed a state capitalist bureaucracy.
so no, he didn't do anything wrong.

imagine my shock

When people say Stalin made mistakes, this is what they meant I suppose.

lol nice conspiracy theory

Never.