Anyone got more papers on the scientific status of the labor theory of value? Link PDFs please

Anyone got more papers on the scientific status of the labor theory of value? Link PDFs please

Other urls found in this thread:

users.wfu.edu/cottrell/eea97.pdf
reality.gn.apc.org/econ/DZ_article1.pdf
helmutdunkhase.de/marxts.pdf
pdf-archive.com/2017/08/14/japan-ltv-test/
mtholyoke.edu/~fmoseley/lrcgpric.html
jacobinmag.com/2016/02/goldman-sachs-capitalism-profit-recession-depression-labor-marx-surplus-value
marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1847/wage-labour/
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=DD0B27231F6E7CABEF184B616A59DAFE
youtube.com/watch?v=ShIg-3NRQj4&list=PLQzsQMPHKEXFsc6KwjFP1M546nnSpduF5
dlx.b-ok.org/genesis/1502000/dd0b27231f6e7cabef184b616a59dafe/_as/[Anwar_Shaikh]_Capitalism_Competition,_Conflict,_(b-ok.org).pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ma9yipEOVM4
commonchemistry.org/),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sci-Hub
gen.lib.rus.ec/scimag/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This brief essay talks about the origins of the LTV here and why it isn't all that necessary to Marxist thought from a Sraffian POV.

thanks lad.

thanks

some of these might already be posted

users.wfu.edu/cottrell/eea97.pdf
reality.gn.apc.org/econ/DZ_article1.pdf
helmutdunkhase.de/marxts.pdf
pdf-archive.com/2017/08/14/japan-ltv-test/

Yeah. Let's just spam pdf's without explaining what's in them. I'm sure OP will read each and every one of them carefully :)

most of them arent really long reads infact all of them are

Ah, so I see most of these were already posted. The only new one I have is a test of LTV in japan (which I stole off one of my college's databases)

:( oh. But still i think there's something to be said about explaining why you're posting pdf's. There's a lot of material here to go through.

Oops. Shitposting flag was on

Actually, just realized this one wasn't posted either. It's a cockshott testing LTV with british input and output tables.

Does anyone have information on modern debate about:

1. The transformation problem
2. Falling rate of profit?

Or alternatively, the consensus among Marxian economists on these matters and pointers to papers. A lot of this shit is hard to find because it's hidden on JSTOR and shit.

I know there's massive debate about this, from Okishio, Morishima, Kilman (TSSI), Samuelson etc. so I'd like to know where to start on it. PDFs would be appreciated, even if mathematically heavy.

All the empirical studies have some data on the falling rate of profit

These ones are the ones I refer to.

The first pdf here is about the transformation problem, as is this
mtholyoke.edu/~fmoseley/lrcgpric.html

There's also this jacobin article about the falling rate of profit
jacobinmag.com/2016/02/goldman-sachs-capitalism-profit-recession-depression-labor-marx-surplus-value

I'll also search my college's databases to see what I can find

has the LTV been tested in the usa

I like this thread. I added the PDFs to my library.

I just have one problem: It's very difficult to understand everything. I feel like I get a small grasp, but that doesn't satisfy me much. I just started my CS studies. Anyone have some tips on how to get better at understanding all of this? My goal is to one day make similiar tests and one day be one of the guys that's help organize society in a better way than it is organised today.
So I ask, what is good steps to take? What have you studied?
I feel like it's crucial to get regular exercise and maybe meditate for better focus when reading. But what to read, and what to start?

Here's a couple more paper's I've found

The first one is a critique of a guy named Freeman who attempted to include financial securities into rate of profit calculations (which accidentally includes not just profit, but interest).

The second is a paper that attempts to combine the statistical empirical analysis of LTV with the theoretical debate about the transformation problem, showing that there is no real transformation problem as LTV predicts real prices on a macro level. The images included in this post are taken from it.

Read Marx, take some econ classes on the side.

wage labor and capital is a good place to start
marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1847/wage-labour/

If you're interested in the technical aspects, be sure to take econometrics or a research methods class.

Thanks!
I saw they had a study guide on marxists.org. I'm gonna start and organise my schedule. Feels good man.

Also gonna dump my 2 favorite econ books.

Good luck dude!

Also dropping Capitalism, conflict, conflict, crises.
(too big to upload)
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=DD0B27231F6E7CABEF184B616A59DAFE
and the video series that goes along with it: youtube.com/watch?v=ShIg-3NRQj4&list=PLQzsQMPHKEXFsc6KwjFP1M546nnSpduF5

Just found this paper in spanish which seems to show a negative correlation between the organic composition of capital and the elasticity of the rate of exploitation.

I'm a PhD in economics. One of my professors was a pretty staunch Sraffian, so I really sympathize with that position. I'd like to post some pdf's but unfortunately, its all tied behind a paywall :(

DDL: dlx.b-ok.org/genesis/1502000/dd0b27231f6e7cabef184b616a59dafe/_as/[Anwar_Shaikh]_Capitalism_Competition,_Conflict,_(b-ok.org).pdf
pretty slow dl though…

If you know any names of any papers let me know so I can check my school's databases

I already posted one paper by him. But Gary Mongiovi, one of my old professors, also wrote a really good paper entitled: "Vulgar Economy in Marxian Garb" which I thought was really well written, but Andrew Kliman actually wrote a response to it. I'd post both if I could, but they're behind JSTOR and I dont think I can download them,

I managed to find it without the databases.

Here's Kliman's response

I hope you find it interesting!

Kliman always struck me as a shithead. I guess he has become more popular because of that Marx intro YT guy Brendan Cooney.

Bunp

Yikes!

The video series that goes along with it is >30 hours too. He really goes in depth which is why its an amazing book.

Thanks very much.
I'm still open to theoretical (rather than evidential) work on the TSSI, TRPF, transformation problem etc. as I know it's out there but hard to find; it's not so much a problem with Marx's LTV but rather the other things; Kilman claims that current calculations which have been made without regard to the TSSI are failures because they make some fundamental mistake, but I don't know how true that is.

What is the conclusion?

Was Marx right about economics? Partially?

I'd like to just source these papers and move onto qual. work in general lol.

this is a pretty good book for clearing misconceptions about Marx that many economists make. As for these papers I'd say most are creditable especially the ones by Anwar Shaikh

bump

academic agent btfo

Not letting this die so fast.

Bump!

thanks all gonna print all of this and get to it over the next year

Bump

bump

thanks you guys
good thread

From my understanding, the economics is only a useful abstract model, that may be revived perhaps a modernized classical economics, if value is reduced to just something like "natural price", at most an implied, hidden, ideal or abstract QUANTITY with measurable manifestations. SNLT maneuver is a mental operation to connect every particular act of labor with a social totality in a tautological way, first aggregating then slicing back down into a quanta through "average". The purpose of this is to conceive of Society in an integral way as a hostile, external, alien, wholly Other mind, with its own unknowable and IRRATIONAL (broken chain of reasons through perspectival antagonisms) purposes and plans that can never align with the individual's locked into their own particularity, subjectivity, withdrawn into themselves as mere human. This is what "socializing" labor means. This is the essence of the Communist Idea. If you can't grasp what this all means you have NO idea what you're actually asking for.

Archiving this thread

bump for later reply

this part of Anwar Shaikhs video series in capitalism competition conflict and crises goes over classical economists and the labor theory of value; youtube.com/watch?v=ma9yipEOVM4

Bumping this so I can collect the PDFs later

bumping

My man

You're doing great work, comrade.

Just in case you're still here, might I ask if you have access to SciFinder? I can't find a bastard who does.

have you tried sci hub?

… I'm so fucking dumb it didn't even occur to me to use Sci-Hub for anything other than academic articles. Please bully me.

But sadly, Sci-Hub just takes me to CAS' public substance search engine (commonchemistry.org/), and says the very CAS number (81395-70-2) doesn't exist. Searching by names doesn't work either. Alas.

i think you're on the wrong site. they are similarly named on a google search, but one is obviously the proper sci hub.

the wiki article seems to be reliable with external links, i would recommend the .cc link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sci-Hub

I guess I got a bit mistaken, it's the CAS link in the substance's wiki page that takes me to that search engine with no results. I tried inputting that link on Sci-Hub (yeah it's a correct domain, .io) but it didn't work, obviously. Anyway, CAS' engine returns diddly squat.

Searching Sci-Hub for 81395-70-2, or cas:81395-70-2 etc. or the substance's names return nothing either.

is there any other identification for your article like doi?

Next time use this: gen.lib.rus.ec/scimag/index.php

Wait, are you just looking for articles that mention cas:81395-70-2?

That's the thing, I'm not searching for any articles. I'm told one of SciFinder's databases consists of "profiles" of all CAS-numbered substances containing physico-chemical properties, patents, vendors etc., and it's that profile I'm looking for. It seems to be beyond the reach of Sci-Hub. Or that Libgen article finder too, but thanks for the link regardless.