Where can l find a good leftist critique of Keynes?

where can l find a good leftist critique of Keynes?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/mattick-paul/1969/marx-keynes/
marxisthumanistinitiative.org/economic-crisis/dunayevskayas-review-of-matticks-marx-and-keynes.html
marxists.org/archive/pilling/works/keynes/index.htm
critiqueofcrisistheory.wordpress.com/
thenextrecession.wordpress.com/
libcom.org/files/The failure of capitalist production.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Das Kapital.

Nozick

kek'd

Marxist critique? Of Keynes, or his work, or Keynesianism?

JMK adresses the LTV though to degree and l'd like to read Marxist rebuttal but Marx died tho

Any/all of the above, l'm trying to stop being such a brainlet

Two marxist bloggers have addressed keynesianism - sam williams and mark roberts.

Keynes was a leftist, neo-libs perverted his theory and turned it into a capitalist one

Just read Kalecki, okay?

marxists.org/archive/mattick-paul/1969/marx-keynes/
marxisthumanistinitiative.org/economic-crisis/dunayevskayas-review-of-matticks-marx-and-keynes.html

Kalecki

You can't. Keynes is literally the greatest man to have ever lived, second only to Jesus Christ himself.

This is true

Yeah I was meaning to ask a well-understood Althusserian, since I'm still a novice to him. Assuming you didn't just memepost Althusser with a pop-phil knowledge of the fact that Althusser was an anti-humanist and that he posited that Marx had supposedly underwent an epistemological break that would support this, could you give a brief reasoning for this, and some suggestive evidence for it? Some introductory reading on the subjects would be nice as well. So far all I've read from Althusser is his essay on ideology.

Keynes has insight which would be a shame to dismiss. This does not mean that he was right about everything. If you want to understand more about capitalism as a system (not just a critique, however, an actual idea of how it works), then read Keynes. However, keep in mind that even if it is possible to decrease the damage of a recession with Keynesianism, it is impossible to delay a recession forever, no matter how good someone is at creating economic policies.

Nah sorry lad was meme posting him your guess is as good as mine

marxists.org/archive/pilling/works/keynes/index.htm

Not the most well read on the topic, but this is the best marxist analysis of Keynes and Keynesianism I've seen so far. Critiques the theoretical underpinnings of Keynesianism as well as examines the history and context behind the rise of the SocDem "Keynesian" governments of the 30s-70s.

I wonder if the creator of this meme knew if Keynes himself was gay and the implications of it

well, tangential to the works ppl posted here, there is The Condition Of Postmodernity by D. Harvey who talks about Keynesianism/Fordism of 1950-1970 in the second part of the book.

critiqueofcrisistheory.wordpress.com/
thenextrecession.wordpress.com/
here, the blogs that this user talked about

Eh, thanks. You got this from the SEP right?

Not in conflict with Marxist humanist theory, and this is certainly a very generic understanding Marx also always had. Marxist humanism also does not posit that there is a human nature. It posits however (which I think would also not be conflicting), like Marx to my knowledge always did, that humans have characteristics unique to their species (their species-being, or "Gattungswesen"), their creative activity, their history of creating their own social relations and overcoming them, and so on. This says nothing about any innate behavioral or psychological phenomena in men. In fact it implies precisely that this is never set in stone, and always wholly dependent on where and when man is situated, and how he is made to behave.

Also not a MH position. Communism is the form in which human emancipation now shapes itself, because it is the one borne from the current contradictions. It must always be human because capital is world-systemic; it cannot abide by any restrictions or laws, meaning that communism is always going to be universal human emancipation from capital.

Communism is also not, neither by Marx or the MHs, to be the "ideal" society, the "perfect" or "final" human society. It is simply the B to the current A. Some type of deepening social anarchism is likely to supersede a communist society.

Honestly, this doesn't seem like much of an attack on Marxist humanism. I always assumed that backing Althusser's anti-humanism was his famous notion of the epistemological break in Karl Marx, which I've never really seen substantiated, and the notion that Marxist humanism believes in an innate human nature is also likely not what Althusser critiqued it for. I suspect that Althusser had a different thrust with his anti-humanism and a more refined critique of Marxist humanism than the little I'm seeing here.

This is a good read, I'm enjoying it so far.

Reality.

libcom.org/files/The failure of capitalist production.pdf

Andrew Kliman's "The Failure of Capitalist Production" is a great critique of 'underconsumptionist' theories, including Keynesianism.

I wonder what would have happened if he lived longer and we actually implemented his post war architecture such as Bancor.