Young Pioneers

pionieers > … (long, long nothing) > scouts

don't you think?

Yes.

I have never been in the young pioneers so I dont know.
Ive heared American scouts are really fucking weird and nationalistic. Maybe its just that Dutch scouts are really fucking egalitarian and anti-formal.

whats with the random cat girl?

that feel when you're anarchist femanon and you want to cosplay Alunya and sing

Мой адрес -
Не дом и не улица,
Мой адрес -
Советский Левыпол

;_;

There's an old legend that a girl with cat ears lives in the forest near the camp. You should ask Olga Dmitrievna about it.

Sorry mate cant relate

pioneers > kibbo kift >>>>> anything else > scouts

Would it be legal to found young pioneer group in US?

Technically all communist organizations are banned, so no. Communists aren't allowed to enter the country either. It's not really enforced though.

I might be talking out of my ass for the record

really?

This shit is run by sick people. Boy Scouts and spinoff organizations are notorious for child abuse.

So is daycare, the church, public schools, middleschool and almost anything involving children.

But did they get to chop wood, build shit of out sticks, go backpacking and start fires? Those were the only things I liked about being a scout.

The best thing about being a scout is drinking beer and playing with axes and just having fun with your friends.

I quit scouts pretty early. And I didn't like most other kids much as a child, but, yeah, that sounds good too.

Post face pls

Wouldn't it be /лефтыпол/?

Do eeet

Why is it so hard to find information about the pioneer movement? Are there any good books? Anything?

Because you dont speak russian.

But I thought English was the universal language and everything was already available in it!

Is there actually no book about pioneer movements? It's not exactly some fringe phenomena.

post benis

Would pioneer camps solve some of the social problems youth face today? They would learn to socialize much better than they do by playing call of duty.

Ex-yu here. Several

Your comparison doesn't work at all, unless pioneers were a different kind of organisation in the Warsaw pact. Here pioneers were just mandatory an after school daycare and ideological indoctrination grounds + a youth camp to get rid of the kids for the summer. Nothing to do with going outside and camping. From what I've heard the people that headed these orgs were mostly insufferable dogmatic ideologues, at least in the big cities. For your consideration an anecdote that happened to my mom

There was a voluntary communist scout equivalent started after the original scouting movement was either killed or fled to Argentina, called "Taborniki". It was much closer to Scouts, being a voluntary association that had a secondary goal of teaching survival and camping besides the main goal of ideological indoctrination of the youth.
After 1991, it became a regular scouting org at the same time as the Slovene scouting in exile came back from Argentina and reformed.
Nowadays they're essentially both the same dying orgs, cucked by the State and Church respectivelly and both dying because of the late capitalist cosmpolitan apathy and nu-left propaganda (they have FLAGS and UNIFORMS - they MUST be FASCIST), so there's a lot more cooperation on the ground between the orgs because young Scouts/Taborniki are quite honestly more interested in spending days outdoors and having fun camping then some ossified ideological conflicts from the last century.

On a side note there are modern "pioneer" groups but it's mostly middle aged far yugonostalgic LARPers, which are honestly the only people that would want such a thing back.

(Scouts in orange, Taborniki in khaki)

But that's pretty much what Boy Scouts are like in the USA, except with the purpose of teaching Christian Conservative (tm) values.

yes, they are. i remember after 9/11 several families were kicked out for not supporting bush, and then later even more were removed after being interrogated into admitting they dont believe in god. really fucking weird shit.

I honestly have no idea what Ami scouts look like. Ours try to spend a maximum time outdoors, teaching camping, practical and cooperation skills (emphasis on try - it's getting more and more difficult each year with schools considering Taborniki to be some kind of daycare for turbulent kids and pastors considering Skavti to be some kind of after-mass daycare for similarly turbulent children, as well as dropping recruitment rates and a lot of other factors).
Ideological teachings are essentially very muted, reduced to "Be a good citizen/christian and help other people in need, be proactive in your community, go donate blood, get paramedic training and join civil defense because that's what's the right thing to do/Jesus would do."

i was in girl scouts which was a lot less ideological, basically just a club type thing where each week we'd meet up and learn some household skill and once a month go camping or something. my brother was a boy scout and did a lot more of that type of stuff, emt training, emergency prep stuff, but also a lot of indoctrination - learn these mottos, read these books, recite these speeches, etc etc

verteel er eens meer over user :)

I strongly disagree
t. Boy Scout

Sounds pretty based. Of course we also have mottos and laws (no serious bookreading or things like that) but they pretty much boil down to what I wrote before.
A Scout honors earning one's trust.
A Scout is faithful to God and his homeland.
A Scout helps his neighbor and performs at least one good work every day.
A Scout is a friend to everyone and a brother/sister to all Scouts.
A Scout is noble.
A Scout respects nature and sees God's work in it.
A Scout obeys their parents and their superiors, and conscientiously perform their duties.
A Scout whistles and sings in the face of ailments/problems.
A Scout is laborious and economical.
A Scout is well intentioned in their thoughts, words and actions.

A Scout is reliable. (He earns trust with his actions. You can rely on his honour)
A Scout is loyal. (He is loyal to his comrades, leaders, parents and motherland)
A Scout is friendly. (Je prijazen z vsemi in prijatelj vsem tabornikom. Je prijatelj živali, ljubi naravo, jo spoznava in varuje. He's friendly)
A Scout is always ready to help.
A Scout is disciplined
A Scout is cheerful.
A Scout is brave.
A Scout is noble.
A Scout is respectful
A Scout is eager to learn.
A Scout is economical
A Scout lives healthily

Linux was about to crash so I hit enter before everything went kill. Anyway that's the gist of it.

This is more or less how American Boy Scouts are as well with some variation by state, disregard the other posters. The only thing thats mostly different is that the American Boy Scouts dropped the focus on just Christianity more then a few decades ago in exchange for a more broader reaching religious pluralism (so now its just God, even though there are buddhist and other similar boy scout orgs as well) which is funny when you go to a Jamboree and see the Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, Jewish, Muslim, Siek, Mormon (who always bring the largest displays and take up too much room), Eastern Orthodox, Buddhist, etc. Boy Scout Organizations all huddling for table space under the faith tent. The different parts of the country coming together can sometimes make things… interesting as well. The biggest fault is that corporate donors, as Boy Scouts is strictly non-profit, are slowly "buying" out most of what used to be more of a "authentic" community experience and replacing things at Jamborees with sponsored activity centers and corporate shoutouts and slogans like "Get Wild" and "Be Connected" (AT&T donated the whole network they use there, the announcer at the Jambo made sure to "thank them" every other sentence). Give me a second, I'll post our version of the oath and code.

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
A Scout is:
Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.
Be Prepared!
Do a Good Turn Daily!
As an American, I will do my best to -
Be clean in my outdoor manners
Be careful with fire
Be considerate in the outdoors, and
Be conservation minded.

You only got to do cool shit if you were a good student. In Hungary the best students got to work on the children's railway which was the best thing ever (it still is but you no longer need to be an exceptional student to apply).

I was in cubs/scouts from ages 6-14 and I can safely say it was shit. The scout leaders were all cunts (apart from one guy who was pretty nice). Everything was incredibly nationalistic and "muh army" type bollocks. I'm surprised I became a commie tbh, it was pretty much a Tory indoctrination camp but occasionally we went camping, made fires and went fishing which was pretty fun.

not really, the law is not valid and won't be enforced except as a counterrevolutionary measure

eagle scout and member of the order of the arrow, AMA

Daniel Beard, former of the sons of Daniel Boon which merged with the BSA in which he also continued to help lead, was pretty SocDemy (Georgist) and was a social reformer. William D. Boyce, fouder, also strongly supported worker rights, as demonstrated by his businesses' support of labor unions and his concern for his newsboys' well-being. West on the other hand was a bit of dick with the marketing thing and the YMCA.

Thats funny because Baden- Powell insisted against that kind of attitude

Really wish I joined a group like that, maybe it was what I needed to not become the social pariah I am today. But there''re very few of them here. I have no doubt that more organizations of the type would do wonders against juvenile criminality, teenage alienation etc.

/лефтийпол/