Professor Nick Land

The New Centre for Research & Practice who has recently parted ways with Mr. Land (rather maliciously) posted these google hangout classes with Prof. Land leading the discussions. As of yesterday the vids were made private, right when i had only made it to vid 4 of 7. When I contacted one of the organizers of the New Centre he rather rudely said these lectures are for paid members only, apparently as of the day they were made private. so to all interested in land here I present to you 4 of the 7 Land courses that are now unaccessible to the unpaid public that doesn't see these links.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8T2ZJv_y6k
youtube.com/watch?v=kOqi0qf2vik
youtube.com/watch?v=hvA-0f9SeuM
youtube.com/watch?v=ve8hunycoeg

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/thenewcentre/posts/644026572465531
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM6AzdvgK2LJMLHhI3Yeouy-3jiAKcvuB
vimeo.com/175962290
twitter.com/annagreenspan?lang=en
annagreenspan.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=S4kWvrhI32I
track5.mixtape.moe/frhirn.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=GMdPLxbuc8Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks fam

What happened?

The rest are here fam
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM6AzdvgK2LJMLHhI3Yeouy-3jiAKcvuB

d'oh

You don't happen to have links to the videos from other courses, do you?

Why?

I'm done with the first part. Didn't get anything substantial about it, Land drops a few quotes from Deleuze, Marx, Nietzsche to try to find the origins of acc. &also:
>vimeo.com/175962290
KEK

isn't nick lands wife one of the proponents of XF?

bump

This has always interested me, Land's wife seems like a normal Feminist, SJW type. I wonder what that home dynamic is like.

Could anybody link her twitter? I'm curious about the contrast.

twitter.com/annagreenspan?lang=en

Here you go. Btw, Land bans people on sight if they bring up his wife or family on his blog Xenosystems.

Also, her personal website, she's actually a really good photographer.

annagreenspan.com/

LMAO

Maybe Nick really has been trolling for the past 6 years and is still a deep cover leftist.

I don't think he's a Leftist, but I am convinced that's he's performing some kind of entryism/performance-art thing. What's his actual end goal? Well, that's anyone's guess at this point I think.

bump

You realize nrx dorks have been saying this since like 2013 or some shit? One of the nrx boards on this site broke up because of it or something.

I think this guy is primarily a depressed asshole.

A 1997 interview of him with interesting αεςτͱετιςs has resurfaced recently
youtube.com/watch?v=S4kWvrhI32I

Anyone have the layers meme with Nick Land that mentions something about a girlfriend? It's not on the booru

How many NRX boards are there?

bump, because I'd like to see this

bump

What's up with his odd way of talking? Like pausing every other word?
Also is all of his stuff this weird? I tried reading Meltdown, but I couldn't make a lot of sense of it. (and I've read pretty some esoteric tomes…)

Deleuze and Guttari are hell of a drug.

Nick Land is in a weird place. He embraces Deleuze without the Guattari. This leads to him to weird politics, one at which point embraced China as a model for the future. But most of all, even if Deleuze/Guattari provided a new basis for metaphysics and a new model for materialism, Nick Land is all idealism disguised as materialism.

He doesn't have an end goal. He writes for whoever will fund his stuff. He writes for NRx journals because they get funding from right-wing groups. Jacobite for example is basically a revolving door to Breitbart.

last bump, don't think it's happening :(

Is this true?

What Lemurian time sorcery is this?

What do I need to read to understand Machinic Desire?

What the fuck?

Is Nick Land actually John Titor?

stop reading nick land and ACC lit and start reading Andrew culp and join the dark conspiracy on the world itself….

track5.mixtape.moe/frhirn.pdf

Could you go into this more? Is it a Leftcom thing? Does it have to do with Deleuze?

The Lemurian sorcery of filters and the uploader lies. It's also the old Land not the young, the old and fat Land not the young and slim Land.
Here's Land in 1994: youtube.com/watch?v=GMdPLxbuc8Q
/1997/ is, or was, a meme in brazilian chans meaning old stuff from the past. 55chan claimed to have been made in 97, at least the original one by K.
[spoiler]Have a bump.[spoiler]

DEATH TO THE WORLD

the book is super short fam read it in a single hour…

i am not a leftcom myself….. i just use the flag cuz i used to be one……..

NIGGA COME ON IT IS IN THE FUCCIN NAME

LONG LIVE MEDEA OUR MOTHER

Just curious, what changed your mind?

Not being an ultra is a healthy state of mind. I am glad he recovered.

I'm not asking you to write a book report, I just want to know why this is relevant to the thread and why you think it BTFO's ACC. You've given no one here a reason to waste their time reading this PDF and you've added nothing to any actual discussion of this book's ideas that you seem to like so much.

Cuz it is meaningless label and at some point labels doesn't matter to you much..

it fails to surrender to the outside of the world they are in so love with and built a church of..

So, do Left Accelerationists basically accept the NRX idea of a "Cathedral", but they want to build a sort of "Cathedral 2.0" that's basically Communism?

Left Accelerationism doesn't exist.

How much did China pay you to write good things about them?

Hey Nick, why are you married to a Feminist SJW? Do you ever worry that your son will grow up to resent you for being a fuck up who had a drug fueled mental breakdown so bad he had to move to Shanghai and become a Nazi?

Why do you hang with the Nrx gang? A glance at their boards and forums reveal they don't share your vision of an hypercapitalist society where only contractual relations exist, they're basically conservatives who are really into bitcoins.

Hey Nick, how do I use hyperstition to invoke a qt trap gf from The Outside?

Your blog and twitter have both gone to complete shit. This is objectively undeniable, with you getting into tedious slap fights and then running to xenosystems and making a moron bites post without explanation, other than your butthurt that someone dared to disagree with you. Likewise, your Jacobite writings are boring garbage.

So, anyway, my question is, have you sobered up or started getting high again? Because obviously your brain chemistry has changed fpr the worse and you need to go back to taking the amount of drugs you were taking a year or two ago.

Professor Thicc, what is inside the cave?!

The World which already exists within this one, but has yet to be articulated, in your Mom's pussy

Is it really you, Nick Land?

Rock bottom m8. You really haven't been the same since you became-snake in '96.

I still don't get why a movement that refers to itself as "Neoreactionary" is so full of liberalism and enlightenment values.

19th century racism, rather than earlier caste systems?
Cosmopolitanism, rather than localism and tribalism?
Bourgeois liberal conceptions of the "nation", rather than communities?
Nuclear families, rather than multi-generational households and tribes?
Basing all interactions between individuals around maximizing profit, rather than emphasizing people and their needs?
Modern conception of borders, rather than the fluid communities of the pre-modern era?
Advocating "rights of capital" and other French revolutionary rights, rather than divine right or the mandate of heaven?
Post-Enlightenment traditions, rather than pre-modern ones?

I read "neoreactionary", but all I see are liberals.
If this was post-revolutionary France, these people would be sitting on the left.

Not enough.

Why not find out for yourself?

The point you're missing is that reactionary is a historical term - reacting against things going to hell.

What do you think of Vietnamese girls?

What are your current thoughts on nationalism?

True, so why the need for the "Neo-" prefix? I'm struggling to see what is reactionary about it, seems about as useless as implying Adorno is. Besides rolling back a few post-WW2 social policies? From what I've read it appears to be arguing for a more complete atheism and transvaluation against the Cathedral's profanated dogmatic morality. The proposals for the state are fully radical despite borrowing from old thinkers, which is hardly notable, even Deleuze did. And you know better than anyone Capitalism is a perpetual social and cultural (and ontological) revolution, so it seems to me any features of a restoration would be skin deep and a temporary makeover at best. Is the ironic oxymoronic branding itself just another deterritorialization to undermine categorical, classically logical thought?

Is @realNickLand really you?

pic with a timestamp and hi leftypol tp prove u r nick land.

and i wanted to ask u about galloway Brometheanism and any plans to get in dialog with Andrew culp?

So "reactionary" in this case means "turning the dial to 11"?
How can you be 'neoreactionary' if you still agree to, and pursue the values of the enlightenment. Rather than rejecting it like the utter disaster it has turned out to be.

Subjecting the whims of society to capital rather than people is exactly one of the consequences of modernism. The works of people like Kaczynski, Zerzan and Linkola are much more in line with pre-enlightenment values than the hyper-liberalism that seems to pervade the NRx sphere.

Go on Doug Lain's podcast.

Do you feel any guilt knowing that between you and Mark Fisher you were clearly the one who should have died?

wdhmbt?

Accelerationism takes as axiomatic that there is no radical subject (the only thing that is revolutionay is capital itself) against this L/ACC seeks to reassert the capacity of man to "make their own history, even in conditions not of their choice."

In other words L/ACC is a Marxist response to Accelerationism, even if it is a Marxism that already accepts the fusion of cybernetics, posthumanism and technocapitalism as inevitable and is content to search for >muh lines of flight within such a paradigm.

As for Land's post, he is probably butthurt the tendency even exists. He doesn't have a monopoly on things coming from the future to create the conditions for their own existence, l/acc was created by queer poc guerilla fighters from an even more distant future where Skynet has already been defeated in order to ensure their final victory.

nick land is a nigger

This tbqh.

By the logic of HBD who's superior, whites or asians?

Now THIS is my kind of accelerationism.

More like Breitbart with more poetic language, perhaps.

Okay, on the off chance that you really are Nick Land I would like to ask you a few questions. Firstly, what are your thoughts on Sinofuturism and Unconditional Accelerationism. Also, in tandem with the U/ACC question, what are your thoughts on people like Jehu and Vince Garlton. Secondly, maybe you've already discussed this to death, but being on a Leftist board and all, what were you're reasons for switching sides? Also, while I get the distinct feeling you hate the Left, why do you decide to align yourself with the Right, even though you so clearly don't agree with most of what White Nationalists, and especially a lot of MRAs believe. Finally, are you familiar with Frank Wilderson or Afro-Pessimism? I've always felt a lot of Accelerationism and Afro-Pessimism is compatible, and then I saw Jehu make a random tweet about it, so I was curious about that.

No, n1x is Nick's son.

Just read about this, man is it depressing and horrid.

At least they can admit they're just nihilists now, except with more Adorno and pseudo-Heidegger! All this to avoid the negativity implied by recognizing any kind of biogenic difference, fucking insane. And after all this, Black Nationalism is somehow still supposed to be ebin, or bad because simply somehow """not Left"""? Fuck ya'll.

Do you have another link for it. I wanted to check it out but it looks like it is down.

Hey Mr. Land, so what are you all about?

From reading your articles you give the impression of a leftist embracing capital as Marx would (can't find the quote) to let it implode and transcend it, but from hearing your interview on Red Ice you claim you're into libertarianism. I kind of get, if barely, that you're after some dystopian cyberpunk future with a super computer or something, but what is the core of your belief?

He's a misanthrope who unironically wants Skynet to win

Did we scare him off?